PDA

View Full Version : Way too few licenses

Ogrius
03-02-2007, 11:53 AM
So far I love this game, but I can now see the one problem I am having, way too few licenses. I am level 45 and only need another about 1000LP for each character to gain all of the licenses. That is way early to get them all IMO. Anyone else find this a problem?

Bunny
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I see no problem with it. I had them all by level 40.

Light Mage
03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
It would have been really cool if each character could have had their own, individual license board with attributes unique only to themselves.

Or perhaps license boards with attributes based around different Job classes, that could each be equipped by one character at a time...

Combining the best parts of Jobs and the License Board... :D

Xurts
03-02-2007, 04:12 PM
It would have been really cool if each character could have had their own, individual license board with attributes unique only to themselves.
That would make it the Sphere Grid from FFX.

Slothy
03-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Party: Vaan, Fran, Balthier. Location: Giruvegan. Level: 40. License board completion: 50-60%.

No I don't have this problem, and that's with spending a quite a while getting double LP.

Renmiri
03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I loved the license board but found it too short and way too easy to complete

rubah
03-02-2007, 11:41 PM
some more stat+ abilities would be nice, there's plenty of room left on the board, afterall.

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2007, 12:11 AM
I would have liked it to be a little larger and would have appreciated a few other class type abilities (ninja duel weilding anyone?) but it wasn't a big deal. My party is level 70ish, I'm currently 125+ hours into the game and not one character has actually finished the whole board. I'm pretty pleased with the system and I love how I can actually build the old job classes from previous FF's:D

vorpal blade
03-03-2007, 09:34 AM

No, because while the starting points try to guide the player down a general path, there are no unique abilities aside from Overdrives.

And Light Mage, I think that would be an interesting idea.

Renmiri
03-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I ended up liking the flexibility of XII. I could make Penelo my tank and Basch my effete mage if I wanted too, then change my mind, re-equip them, mix the gambits and voila, Basch = tank, Penelo = mage

:love: Yay for flexible job classes :love:

Formalhaut
03-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I ended up liking the flexibility of XII. I could make Penelo my tank and Basch my effete mage if I wanted too, then change my mind, re-equip them, mix the gambits and voila, Basch = tank, Penelo = mage

:love: Yay for flexible job classes :love:

Ditto

rubah
03-03-2007, 11:54 PM

No, because while the starting points try to guide the player down a general path, there are no unique abilities aside from Overdrives.

The basic spheregrid teaches individual characteristics. It just happens that square was cool and allowed people to access other ones. Which would, in the end, probably be the case with this too.

farplaner
03-05-2007, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=Light Mage;2113513]It would have been really cool if each character could have had their own, individual license board with attributes unique only to themselves.

I agree. Seriously, I don't understand why they made the area around the LB so big- it's just empty space. When I first started playing, judging by how quickly I was filling the board, I figured more licenses would be revealed (excluding the special ability and esper licenses) on the outer edges- so that you could continue to build, etc.