PDA

View Full Version : FFIII, FFVI, AND FFIII JAPANESE

BlueChaos
03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Okay. Lets start with the DS version of FFIII. I think it is very close to the orgininal game. They totally redone almost everything when they transfered it to Super Nintendo. Remade the story, change character names, made the game shorter, different names for things. Just everything. Now when they made the DS version. It is closer to the original, that was only released in japan. It shares the same storyline, and characters. But they remade the job system, so there are no super races, like the Mage and the Ninjas. The changes they did were only minor.

But as I was saying, when they made it first for the Super Nintendo for North America, they renamed the game to FFVI, changed almost EVERYTHING about the game. To meet the North American restrictions on games, at the time. Such as nudity, pot smoking, the names, the storyline, sprites, signs. What I think is, the DS version is very very close to the original japan game. Just as I said, minor tweaks to the job system, and that is really about all. Plus I guess they changed the four main characters a bit, including gender, backgrounds.

Well this is all I can think of right now. Um, give me feed back on this, and I will reply. I just barley found out this information.

Orophin
03-03-2007, 01:40 AM
Your post is really messed up...

Final Fantasy III was never release on the Super Nintendo. The Final Fantasy on DS is a remake of Final Fantasy III which was on the Famicom (The japanese version of the Nes). They didn't remade the story and characters because it was never released outside of Japan until the DS version.

I think you're confuse because Square chaged the titles of their games for those outside of Japan so here is the names of FF in Japan and in the rest of the world :

Japan / Other

FFI (Famicom) / FFI (Nes)
FFII (Famicom) / ---
FFIII (Famicom) / ---
FFIV (Super Famicom) / FFII (Snes)
FFV (Super Famicom) / ---
FFVI (Super Famicom) / FFIII (Snes)
FFVII (Playstation) / FFVII (Playstation)

After that, they kept the original names.

--- = Game never released (not counting the remakes)

As you can see, they didn't rename FFIII as FFVI here but the other way around.

Zeromus_X
03-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Yes, Final Fantasy III (for the Famicom/NES) was never officially released in North America. Final Fantasy VI (for the Super Famicom/SNES) was initially released as Final Fantasy III as it was (at the time) the third title to be released in North America (Final Fantasy IV as Final Fantasy II being the second). They are completely different games, and have been re-released with their proper numbering at least once by now (Final Fantasy VI on the PlayStation and Gameboy Advance, Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo DS). So it just sounds like a little mix-up.

BlueChaos
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
So FFIII for NDS, is an exact remake from the japanese game, FFII?

FF_Chick
03-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Not II, but III. III for SNES is Final Fantasy VI in Japan, but II, III, and V weren't released. I believe if FFVII was translated by the Americans, it would probably be IV.

This could possibly help:
http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6about.htm

BlueChaos
03-04-2007, 02:26 AM
So than II III and V are exact remakes, untweaked, exept to meet the guidlines of North America. So its not like, III turns about to be FFXXV? It is its own game, and an exact remake of japanese III.

Crossblades
03-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Perhaps this will help. It's comparison pics between the NES(Famicon) FF III and the DS FIII

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/ff3omgthumb1pc.jpg

BlueChaos
03-06-2007, 05:16 AM
That is the best help I have ever gotten. Thank you for posting that, that answered all of my questions. Thanks again.

Crossblades
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
No problem. Glad to help out. :)

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Yea. FFIII is a great game, and I wanted to make sure it was close to the japanese version. Because this is one of my favorite games, and im a weird person. If a game is a sequal, or if its changed to much, I will not play it. Judging from your pictures. I say that they are the EXACT same. But with different jobs, rebalanced jobs, more items, some taken away, and other minor things like that. The characters are different, sort of, but other than that, they are the same, exept for FFIII DS version, has better graphics. They both share the same storyline.

So im asking this, do you think the DS version, is the same as the Faciom version?

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I never played the DS version(I will eventually!)but I have played the Famicon version. Read this. I got it from Wikipedia.

Final Fantasy III for the Nintendo DS features overhauls to the job system, including the rebalancing of the classes, the addition of new abilities, a new "Freelancer" class that becomes the default job for the characters at the beginning of the game (the Onion Knight is now a secret class), new events, a new crystal and dungeon, and the removal of capacity points. Unlike the original Famicom version, most of the jobs remain useful for the entire game; the ultimate jobs, the Ninja and the Sage, were redesigned so they have the same level of abilities as the Warrior and others. The battle system was overhauled by Kazuhiko Aoki. The remake takes advantage of the Wi-Fi hardware of the Nintendo DS in the form of a Mail/Mognet system similar to what was in Final Fantasy IX. Various moogles in the game allow the player to send mail to others. Players are also able to send mail to various characters in the game, as well as to other players. Sidequests can also be unlocked using this system, such as the quest to unlock the Onion Knight.[2] A quick save option was also included with the game, similar to those from other 2D Final Fantasy remakes (except Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls). However, like in the original, there are no save points in the game's numerous dungeons.

So judging by this article, yeah, the DS version and the NES version are the same, but with some changes

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I've read that before. But I want to say thank you for digging out all of this information for me. No one else really helped me, they assumed they knew everything about it. Though they were right, I still like the fact that you gathered things to compare the two. Thank you.

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
I've read that before. But I want to say thank you for digging out all of this information for me. No one else really helped me, they assumed they knew everything about it. Though they were right, I still like the fact that you gathered things to compare the two. Thank you.

Your welcome ;)