PDA

View Full Version : lets talk clothes

Aerisfanatic
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
K the clothse in advent children were cool and everyones cloth were alterd but im not sure if vicents clothse were alterd, most people didnt even notice that aeris' clothse were alterd, her jackets metal claspes at the bottom of the sleaves were replaced with belt liike fabric, her colure was jmade pointes it has pokets and the shoulders are no longer pointed and her gold bangles were replaced with silver braclets, now that out of the way, my question is what would you have you done to ther outfits and what you have preferd

Bahamut2000X
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Firstly it's spelled 'altered'.

But as with anything that takes place years since the original changes to outfits are the natural. I mean hell they wore their old outfits for god knows how long in the first game, it would of been odd if they wore their old ones 2 years later. As for the character changes who were wearing similar clothing, I equate it being the transition of 3-d early polygon looks to more modern CG designs where they could show better detail.

As for the topic of the thread, I say their new outfits were well done in AC, though I would of liked to have seen a full CG'ed Cait Sith laying the smack down on some Bahamut and Kadaj, but oh well, we still got to see quite a bit of awesomeness anyways.

Mo-Nercy
03-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I especially liked Cloud's outfit. On a side note, Barret and Yuffie's threads were awesome too. Yuffie's AC clothes are better than her DoC clothes.

The Turks and their new suits looked very modern-chic. :D

Nobody else's clothes are worthy of mention though. Tifa? meh. Cid? Looks the same. SHM? Lame.

Griff
03-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Tifa's clothes left too much to the imagination. It ruined her completely.

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Tifa's clothes looked like they came from Goodwill.

vorpal blade
03-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Tifa's clothes in AC look like a black version of Rinoa's.
I liked the new clothes, especially Yuffie's. Red XIII was looking a little scragglier, and Barret looked a little less Mr. T (unfortunately) but he still looked cool. I don't think Vincent changed his clothes, but since his outfit matches his personality so well, I'm not about to complain about that.

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
This leads me to beleive that Vincet doesn't own clothes as such - like Edward Scissorhands, they are his body and they hold him together.

chaos_ghost
03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I liked most of the threads they wore, with the exception of my man Cid. Come on, I mean it looked like he just got off his couch grab his spear and came to start fighting.

Griff
03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I liked most of the threads they wore, with the exception of my man Cid. Come on, I mean it looked like he just got off his couch grab his spear and came to start fighting.

He probably did. No time to look good when you have a planet to save.

Yuffie514
04-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Yuffie - i can't find a full picture of her, but i'd take out the brown and put in darker colors like black.

Dr. Acula
04-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Cloud: The boycotting of purple makes him look a whole lot hotter in my opinion.
Tifa: Better clothes. A LOT better.
Barret: LOVE THE CORNROWS!!!:cool:
Yuffie: New look is far superior than her old look.
Vincent: Don't think he's changed...
Cid: Don't really like his clothes.
Aerith: Didn't notice any differences.
Nanaki: n/a
Cait Sith: n/a

I'd definitely change Cid's clothes if I could, but everyone else is fine.

Sam250
04-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Cloud: Did anyone else think that Cloud looked a bit like a Jedi in his new clothes? Anyway, he looked awesome!

Tifa: I could have lived with Tifa in her FFVII clothes aswell, but she looks pretty cool here too.

Barret: Yep, hair is awesome, clothes arn't bad either, suits his character, and an improvment over his FFVII look.

Yuffie: ALOT better, Yuffie looks cooler here then...somthing really cool.

Vincent: Few changes, but i stil don't like it.

Cid: I think he looked alright in his Barney Gumble type clothes! I think they suited his character well.

Aerith: Sweet.

Red XIII: Fur was done alright.

Cait Sith: Heh, i love this little guy. Fur done well.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I would have prefer more revealing outfits and less of Barret's bust

Mercen-X
04-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I would have preferred more revealing outfits for Cloud and Vincent and less of Barret's ugly-ass, gigantic, overshow gun-arm

Cloud: New outfit rocks over old outfit (but I prefer Kingdom Hearts)
Tifa: New is better, but she needs to change again.
Barret: Not that it has anything to do with his clothes, but I liked his cornrows and hated his new gun-arm. Didn't really notice the clothes.
Vincent: I just think he doesn't see any point to getting a change of clothes.
Yuffie: She needs another set of clothes . . . keep searching 'til you find somethin' that works.
Cid: Where's his jacket?

Cowboy Girl
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
About Cid's jacket, I just checked out a picture with him and it looks like the jacket is tied around his waist. At least something is anyway.

As for the others, I rather like the changes (or no change in Vincent's case)

Mercen-X
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I think Vin should change and Cid should put his jacket back on. Face it, that's a lame change.

Rikushomegirl7
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree with the dude that said that yuffie's clothes are better in AC than in Dirge of Cerberus.

Proxy
10-07-2007, 06:38 AM
I think they did a brilliant job on redesigning the costumes.
Except Barret's. But atleast they didn't do like uber gangster for him.
*IF* they remake FFVII on the PS3 engine, I hope they change the costumes. It'd make the game more enjoyable.

MKusanagi
10-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I want Cloud so bad... I wouldn't mind his clothes either. :eek: