PDA

View Full Version : Lice, the Magick Akademy Suks!

Fynn
03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Ok, so what's up with the spelling in words like "Magicks", "Technicks",etc. in this game? English isn't my country's native language so I was wondering whether it is some archaic form?

Hazzard
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
No, they just use those words because they wanted to change it up a bit-make it so it isn't just the predictable words like 'Magic' and 'Technique'. Thats my theory for why they did that to the spelling, and plus it's like an medieval time period-were spelling is usually unusual and sort of ancient like.

Remon
03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't forget Tecknology!:D

Bunny
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Ok, so what's up with the spelling in words like "Magicks", "Technicks",etc. in this game? English isn't my country's native language so I was wondering whether it is some archaic form?

Magicks is an archaic form. It was repopularized by Aleister Crowley in the late 20th century. As for the reason Square-Enix decided to use it, well, that's for them to know, I guess. My best guess would be along the same lines as Hazzard's: They felt like a bit of a change.

The rest of them were kinda just to keep with the theme, I suppose.

rubah
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM
It's for atmosphere.

Although personally I think Technick is said just like that xD not technique:]

Renmiri
03-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Ye olde magick rules!!!

Gabranth
03-03-2007, 06:38 AM
it's also because the japanese are still bitter about losing to the US in world war ii, so they decide to destroy the english language with their damn "magicks" and "technicks" rubbish. seriously.

vorpal blade
03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
it's also because the japanese are still bitter about losing to the US in world war ii, so they decide to destroy the english language with their damn "magicks" and "technicks" rubbish. seriously.

Their MMOs aren't doing anything to help our language, either.

Hazzard
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM

I don't really think that comment was appropriate, bringing up World War 2 is no funny matter.

Gabranth
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
well excuse me for offending you. it was just a joke.

Hazzard
03-04-2007, 11:08 PM
lol, its alright-maybe i was a bit too over-sensitive!