PDA

View Full Version : screaming

TidusMaster
03-03-2007, 01:15 AM
ok, well, i sing in a band, and some bands say that i shpudl think of starting to scream, only a tiny bit, like, you knwo the rise against song "ready to Fall"? when the singer screams in that, thats what they want me to do. but....i ahve a raspy cvoice, and...ya..i dont have the slightest clue on how to scream. so...can someone help me out?

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 02:30 AM
say "lets <!-- f***in --> *snip* rage" 10 times...then say "prancy prancy unicorn" 5 times...then just let your scream rip...u have to be outside tho and lose all sense of embarassment...I alredy lost mines

Do not go around the filters. ~ Leeza

Jowy
03-03-2007, 02:31 AM
what the fuck are you talking about?

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Personally I have never had problems screaming so I don't know how else to help...I guess u should look for a reason to scream...and exaggerate how it makes you feel

Bunny
03-03-2007, 02:45 AM
No. Screaming in music is retarded. If you do it, I won't buy your albums.

Vikeve
03-03-2007, 02:48 AM
Just walk outside and scream as loud as you freakin can! Rise Against :heart:!!!

Ryth
03-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Cover a different (read: better) punk band.

Or use this thread. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=95193)

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 03:04 AM
go back to FFX and look at tidus bieng screaming...doesnt it look like it justs makes everything better///now go scream unless ur a pacifist wussy

Fonzie
03-03-2007, 03:04 AM
People that scream are annoying. Just like people that yell when their talking normally :mad:

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 03:14 AM
People that scream are annoying. Just like people that yell when their talking normally :mad:

well crazy frog is annoying but hes still kooler than fonz...yeh i went there....stupid motorcycle guy :P

TidusMaster
03-03-2007, 03:33 AM
ya...do you people know that im talking abotu like, "raspy voice screaming" and like, "alexisonfire" screaming...right? i dont mean screaming liek a girl...

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 03:35 AM
ya...do you people know that im talking abotu like, "raspy voice screaming" and like, "alexisonfire" screaming...right? i dont mean screaming liek a girl...

u mean more like a roar then a scream...shulda said that

roars are easy...but if ur not feeling the roar like u probably aren't u shuldnt attempt it cuz it wuld sound fake

Ryth
03-03-2007, 03:36 AM

Yes.

TidusMaster
03-03-2007, 03:38 AM

roars are easy...but if ur not feeling the roar like u probably aren't u shuldnt attempt it cuz it wuld sound fake

explain HOW though. i dont know HOW to

Momiji
03-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Rise Against and Alexisonfire = <3333

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 03:42 AM

explain HOW though. i dont know HOW to

dont fake a roar...thats how u get your head eaten off...has to come naturally

oddler
03-03-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm totally with Bunny on this one.

But, hey, it's just like singing. You set your diaphragm and then it comes out. If you can sing, you can scream.

Seriously, though. Don't do it.

nik0tine
03-03-2007, 04:38 AM
No, don't scream. In fact, don't even sing. Just give up music all together. Kill yourself.

TidusMaster
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
wtf? why would i give up music? ya, i was told that there are REALLY big jerks on this site, and Nikotine is one of them. If i want to scream, then i will. and, i want to learn. so, ya, anymore people who want to critisize me?

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
wtf? why would i give up music? ya, i was told that there are REALLY big jerks on this site, and Nikotine is one of them. If i want to scream, then i will. and, i want to learn. so, ya, anymore people who want to critisize me?

u cant learn to scream... Screams should come from real emotions not faked for a song

Shlup
03-03-2007, 09:56 PM
...How do you not know how to scream? Go on a freaking roller coaster.

Old Manus
03-03-2007, 10:26 PM
No. Screaming in music is retarded. If you do it, I won't buy your albums.

Zeldy
03-03-2007, 10:33 PM
IM GOING TO BE NICE.

Practise in your room. Alot. Some screaming/shouting in songs can be good. Not emo, but I love all that riot grrl music. Listen to all emo stuff and sing along? I dunno. I don't listen to emo, they do all the screaming.

Iceglow
03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Screaming is something from the heart. it's the sound of pent up emotion and anger loosed in one go. Of course when the song is concieved the feelings in the scream are real but all too often after singing a song say 30 times the feeling fades (unless whatever made you that angry is really not getting any better with time) so Even big bands fake it. Also when screaming there are techniques that allow you to put the power and tone in your voice without using all the energy you have (and trashing your voice) this is useful if doing gigs especially where 20 - 30 songs are in order.

I've personally done screaming a few times for a mates band (mainly on their EP as a backing vocalist in the studio but once on stage in a pub) It's not too easy to get it right especially if you want the scream to sound the same over and over on that song. I say go around screaming at people also practice different types of screams from girly "omg I just saw a spider" screams to "Oh holy cow this is as big as a truck spider" screams.

PyroManiak
03-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Screaming is something from the heart. it's the sound of pent up emotion and anger loosed in one go. Of course when the song is concieved the feelings in the scream are real but all too often after singing a song say 30 times the feeling fades (unless whatever made you that angry is really not getting any better with time) so Even big bands fake it. Also when screaming there are techniques that allow you to put the power and tone in your voice without using all the energy you have (and trashing your voice) this is useful if doing gigs especially where 20 - 30 songs are in order.

I've personally done screaming a few times for a mates band (mainly on their EP as a backing vocalist in the studio but once on stage in a pub) It's not too easy to get it right especially if you want the scream to sound the same over and over on that song. I say go around screaming at people also practice different types of screams from girly "omg I just saw a spider" screams to "Oh holy cow this is as big as a truck spider" screams.

finally some1 kind of agrees with me

Momiji
03-04-2007, 02:21 AM
No, don't scream. In fact, don't even sing. Just give up music all together. Kill yourself.

Wow...I do believe the topic was pointers on how to scream, not 'Answer the question in the most smartass way possible'. I have just lost the last amount of respect for you that I ever had.

I agree with Iceglow by the way.

Mogi
03-04-2007, 02:24 AM
I learned from watching lion King.

You may think I'm just mocking you but I'm being completely serious.
If you can roar, and you can scream like a girl, then you can mix them together.
Sounds perfect IMO.

No, I'm seriously not just being a meanie head.

PyroManiak
03-04-2007, 02:29 AM
well I would be able to help you if I knew you in real life...After alot of serious thinking I think kicking you in the balls while you play wuld make the songs scream awesome and real

Fonzie
03-04-2007, 02:31 AM
This is an odd topic. Err....maybe drink some water before you try to yell? Though, screaming really isn't that important for music to be good.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-04-2007, 03:04 AM
Practice screaming when playing with the band. No, seriously, it'll help you get used to the idea for when you do it on stage.

And c'mon, man! You're screaming for a rock band. Relax! It's not like they're asking you to be freaking Claire Torry, is it?