PDA

View Full Version : If you use both, you're scary.

Xaven
03-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Which thumb (finger?) do you use to hit the Spacebar?

Also, which pinky do you use to press Shift? Both? Other fingers?

Which finger do you use to press Backspace? Multiple fingers!?

Pardon the enthusiasm.

rubah
03-03-2007, 03:51 AM
I don't know if I ever use my left thumb to space. It kinda sits there, but unless i'm using a non-standard way of typing (ie, while i'm eating) then I can't image it ever doing anything. my right thumb always gets there first.

I use whatever shift I need to. Actually I don't. I always use left shift. I don't use right shift unless I'm doing html or making smilies 8) <>;);D;D A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. :)

Araciel
03-03-2007, 04:03 AM
right thumb for space, R shift, if i EVER use it...which is rare... and backspace i use my right ring finger.

Martyr
03-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Actually, I still look at the keys when I type

I knoe rthe keujboars well qwnoudbn that I midht nor exacrly need to, buicrt I mever had any rea; leddons. So mt dingers aren;t necessaeil;lt in the tindt place, ever.

I've never tried typing and loking at the screen for any extended period of time until that.

That needs a translation, on second look:

I know the keyboard well enough that I might not exactly need to, but I never had any real lessons, so my fingers aren't necessarilly in the right place, ever.

But I think that my no-look typing proves that, although I know the general direction of the keys, I still can't type for crap unless I'm looking at the keys.

dodhungry
03-03-2007, 04:13 AM
hooray for left thumb alternating pinky people :D

Jowy
03-03-2007, 04:18 AM
I use my right thumb. ^^

XxSephirothxX
03-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Hmm. Looks like I use my left hand for both. Left thumb for the spacebar, left pinky for shift. Pretty predictable, really, since I'm left-handed.

Ramza Beoulve
03-03-2007, 04:33 AM
I actually use both for the spacebar, my right pinky for the backspace, and both shifts, actually, I haven't seen how I have been writing since 8 years ago because I don't need to see the keyboard... god, I'm scary :sad:

Khaotic
03-03-2007, 04:34 AM
I really don't know which finger I use to hit spacebar, because I don't look at the keyboard, however, while I'm typing this and I'm looking at how I'm typing it I just noticed I use my right pointer finger to hit spacebar.

I don't feel like finding the rest.

PyroManiak
03-03-2007, 04:45 AM
I type one handedly :tongue: hehe

oddler
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Wow. I thought I used both thumbs for the spacebar. Just my right, it seems. Too bad I voted for both.
Right pinky for backspace.
Shift pinky depends on which character.

vorpal blade
03-03-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't know what I use. I seem to use my right thumb for tghe spacebar more than the left (which I still use often) but I seem to be hitting the spacebar with my right index finger, really. I shift whith my left pinky (and almost never usr the right shift) and backspace with my right ring finger (right next to the pinky). Oh, I just used the right shift button to put ) in. i guess I do use it for punctuation. Really, I just use whatever finger's closest.

And I, too, look at my keyboard, though it seems I don't really need to (writing this sentece has been relatively slow and I haven't needed to hit the backspace key much.

Too slow, though, and not nearly as accurate.

No.78
03-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm wierd, I type generally with my index fingers (really fast). AND THAT CHOICE WASN'T ON THE POLL!!!! >:|

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I alternate thumbs for space bar though usually its my right.

Luc
03-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I use my left thumb for the space bar, left pinky for shift and my ring finger for backspace.

KentaRawr!
03-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I type like an idiot. N_N

Left Hand: Index Finger for anything on the left side of the keyboard. Sometimes it gets tricky and slides onto the right, the sneaky little devil! Actually, I just realized I also use my middle finger when making !'s while I was writing that last sentence.

Right Hand: Middle Finger for Shift, Back-Space, and a few other things. My Index finger then does the letter typings.

Cz
03-03-2007, 11:10 AM
To be honest, I don't actually know. That's why I'm using this post to figure it out.

Turns out I use a mixture of my right thumb and right index finger for the spacebar, my left pinky for shift, and my middle or ring finger for backspace.

Chloe.
03-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Turns out I use a mixture of my right thumb and right index finger

Me too! :mog:

blackmage_nuke
03-03-2007, 12:21 PM
As Im typing this i use my right thumb for the space bar, right middle for the backspace and my left ring+ pinky for left shift.

I also like to use the numbers above the letters rather than the numpad, which is obvious because the right side of my keyborad is covered in dust.

(and i use left ctrl for copying and pasting)

-

No.78
03-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Numpads like, miles away. Does anyone use the numpad?

crono_logical
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
People that use caps lock for shift characters need to be shot :p

Bunny
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Let's see. I use my left thumb for spacing and my left pink for shifting. I'm a lefty kind of guy. Using my right pinky for shifting is kind of awkward because the way I type, my right hand is a little bit elevated while my left hand is just sitting on the keyboard. Waiting. Watching. Shifting.

Backspace is right pinky. Why would I use my left pinky for that.

Tavrobel
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Spacebar: Either left thumb or the right index
Shift: Right pinky (left when typing or playing D2)
Backspace: Right ring finger

Sergeant Hartman
03-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I've never really taken any notice of which thumb I use, but i shall find out.

I Don't Need A Name
03-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Left Thumb - Space
Right little finger - backspace
left shift

Sergeant Hartman
03-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Yeah I use my right thumb for the space bar, the left one never moves.

cloud_doll
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I use both my thumbs for the spacebar :P
then I use my left pinky to hit the shift button the my right to hit the backspace button.

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
According to what I voted, I basically use the whole of both hands to press anything.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-03-2007, 05:59 PM
I use both thumbs to press the spacebar, but more often than not it is the right thumb. As for backspacing, I use my right ring finger or my right middle finger. On occasion I have been known to use my left middle finger as well. For shift, I generally use the left shift, but do use the right too, just not as much. Ack. I should fix my votes.

Leen-Leen
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I use my left thumb for the spacebar, my right pinky for backspace, and my left pinky for the shift key. I always use the left hand shifty key. I don't think I've ever used the right hand one. xD

Samuraid
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I type mostly nonstandard.

- Right thumb for space
- Right ring or middle finger for backspace
- Either pinky for shift depending on the letter

Yamaneko
03-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I do not adhere to your silly standards. I type while being suspended from the ceiling by a cable.

Tavrobel
03-03-2007, 09:40 PM
I do not adhere to your silly standards. I type while being suspended from the ceiling by a cable.

Does that mean that you poke the keyboard with a stick, yell at it, and hopes that it will miraculously push its keys for you into whatever unholy message you have for us concerning our doom?

fire_of_avalon
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I made this thread one time!

I use my right thumb to space, my right middle finger to backspace and my right left ring finger to shift.

Shlup
03-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I use my right thumb for the most part.

I Took the Red Pill
03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I hit space with my left thumb. I hit shift with my right pinky. Backspace is usually right middle finger, but the ring finger sneaks in there sometimes.

bipper
03-03-2007, 11:23 PM
It should be rather obvious that I cannot follow this standard when one thumb is always up my ass while posting.

Iceglow
03-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I always do space with the left hand if I happen to use the right I actually make more mistakes as I still hit the space with my left before continuing. I move my hand around to hit the backspace with my right ring finger. I tend to switch shift keys dependant on the key I wanna hit for I I always use the right pinkie for A the left....always.

As for capslock I don't like that button at all I hate it in fact (on this laptop especially it's too big compared to the a key.) I tend to just hold shift with the right pinkie and compensate.

Levian
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Space: mostly right index finger, but sometimes my left thumb.

Backspace: Middle finger, because it's the longest and reaches it before my index finger.

Shift: Always the right one. I forget the left one exists.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Everything! :cool:

Evastio
03-04-2007, 02:51 AM
I usually use my right thumb to press the space bar and my right middle finger to press the backspace button. As for the shift button I use my left pinky finger.

Mogi
03-04-2007, 03:00 AM
It really depends on what mood I'm in.

I put left thumb for space, but I realize now that I only use my right thumb for space.
Also, I use my right ring finger for backspace, and my right pinky for shift.

Xaven
03-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Anyone and everyone who uses both thumbs for backspace is scary. :O

Space: Right thumb
Backspace: Right ring finger
Shift: Left Pinky.

My left ring finger takes over my pinky's capital letters. :o I can't really hit the right Shift key without moving my hand, so I never use it. It's also terribly difficult to use any other finger for space as my right thumb still bats away at it anyway. Wow, I just realized my left thumb moves around espcially when hitting period.

BardTard
03-05-2007, 01:01 AM
I use the on-screen keyboard cus my mom is psycho :( I use my mouse for everything.

Araciel
03-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I use the on-screen keyboard cus my mom is psycho :( I use my mouse for everything.

THE PAIN

THE SORROW

*falls down dead*

NINJA_Ryu
03-05-2007, 01:06 AM
I lied.

I use my right index for....wha! fingers! you lie to me!!!!! I DO use my right thumb after all!!! whoo!!!