PDA

View Full Version : Colossuem

Zora
03-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Okay I want there in order to do something in regarding of getting a character, but when I put down the required item, I got confused. I went into this battle where Edgar automatically used his chainsaw against someone in one. Could someone explain how the colossuem works? I cannot understand how it works AT ALL.

PS: Ya, I am alive.

blackmage_nuke
03-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Of what i understand from the original ffvi the the charachter you pick makes random moves that you cant control, i think that shadow never uses throw though. If you win the item you bet will be taken away and replaced by a winning item, if you lose you still keep the item you bet.

Im not sure if it was changed in FFVIA

Mirage
03-03-2007, 07:19 AM
If you lose, you lose the item you bet, and gets nothing in return.
If you win, you lose the item you bet, and get the opponents item in return. I know it's unfair :p.

vorpal blade
03-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I always end up fighhhting Chupon, who sneezes me out of the arena, making me lose. Any way to avoid this?

Zeromus_X
03-03-2007, 08:34 AM
You won't lose the betted item if Chupon sneezes you out of the battle, though, so don't worry about that.

Mirage
03-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Chupon sneezes you out if you bet a cheap or common item.

Flying Mullet
03-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Chupon sneezes you out it you bet anything other than the following:
http://figarocastle.homemade-websites.com/ff6/coliseum.php

Darius
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I always end up fighhhting Chupon, who sneezes me out of the arena, making me lose. Any way to avoid this?

There is a way to beat Chupon. Genji Glove + Masters Scroll and make sure the person using them can hit for BIG damage each hit (I use Sabin for this, but in the future it will probably change). If you can last till your second round without being sneezed out, then youve pretty much won the fight already, unless your character does something stupid like cure 1 himself....

sephirothishere
03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
if you want to get shadow from the colosseum you must have waited for him on te floating continent.