PDA

View Full Version : So whats your battle system?

BlackWaltz
03-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Okay so im deciding what characters to teach what, i was thinking of having vaan as my tank, ashe as my white mage and rotate the third person. penelo as a black mage, basch as a damage dealer (melee) fran as supportive character (ranged, white magic) and balthier the same as fran.

Does anyone think this seems okay? and what formation would you suggest? i would like to hear peoples ideas and what formations and characters they used in battles.

Look forward to hearing your responses :mog:

Mirage
03-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Vaan is DD/tank, with one handed weapons, shield, and gauntlets, then I have Penelo with a decent weapon (ranged/melee, doesn't matter) and lots of magic, and then Balthier as my long range gunman. They all are proficient at white magic.

I Don't Need A Name
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I have Vaan as a kind of Knight, with full armour and 1 hand sword
I have Ashe as the same but is also a very potent magic user
I use Bathier as ranged and item/support

BlackWaltz
03-03-2007, 04:05 PM
do either of you rotate your characters to keep all 6 of them on high levels? so that the others dont slip behind? if so, what are you others set as? also i find it interesting that you both dont have a character there only concentrates on white magic, does anyone have this? if so, does it work well?

Mirage
03-03-2007, 04:08 PM
I let my reserves fight their way to the various hunts, then I switch to the main before I engage them. That seems to keep them sort of up to date. Enough to avoid complete rape if I have to change them in in a new area.

Renmiri
03-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I have 2 teams:
Basch tank / healing w/ potions, Balthier ranged (bow) / heals with magick, Vaan mage / thief

Ashe tank / healing w/ potions, Fran ranged (bow) / heals with technique, Penelo techniques / thief

This way I always have MP for quickenings and summons on my B team, in case the A team sucks at a boss / fiend.

Xurts
03-03-2007, 11:18 PM
My current setup:

Vaan: Thief
Daggers and Ninja Swords with Light Armor.

Balthier: Alternate Thief
Poles and Guns with Light Armor.

Fran: Archer/Freya
Bows and Spears with Light Armor.

Basch: Warrior
Swords and Hammers/Axes with Heavy Armor.

Ashe: Alternate Mage
Katanas with Light Armor.

Penelo: Mage
Rods and Maces with Mystic Armor.

I switch between two parties: Vaan, Freya, Ashe, and Balthier, Basch, and Penelo. Everyone is always withing 2 levels of each other.

I Don't Need A Name
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM
im used to the other FFs and use only those 3 characters.
also, if there is just a white magic user, it wont work very effectivley in this game as everyone is useful in battle, rather than in the other FFs

No.78
03-04-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure I made a thread just like this but here's what I did:

Vaan/Ashe= Healer & extra damage dealer

Fran/Basche= Tank and main DD (leaders)

Penelo/Balthier= The Clueless retarded gambitized black mages who are just there for backup everything