PDA

View Full Version : No.1 Worst thing in FF12

Formalhaut
03-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Vaan's Abs! There ugly!

No.78
03-03-2007, 11:08 PM
They don't suit him I'll admit, but Vaan might be good looking if he sorted out his hair. I mean, what the hell, it's like a backwards mullet or something + 2 cans of gel.

Have you noticed how the character designs make use of colours that don't usually go? I usually admire it when SE does this, I really love how they do this kind of stuff and I notice it but... Vaan's level 1 quickening... That's just ugly ok.

What I hate about this game is when you spend 3 seconds shuffling in the quickenings and get absolutely NOTHING

Sergeant Hartman
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I still don't understand those quickennings :(

No.78
03-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I still don't understand those quickennings :(

Look up a quickening guide, it's pretty easy really (you need at least 2 quickings on different people to do it properly)

Mittopotahis
03-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Repetitiveness of battles. Gets monotonous after a while. But I still love it.

LunarWeaver
03-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Whoa, whoa! The bandwagon on this forum is to bash Larsa, not Vaan. Now go make anti-Larsa threads and leave my precious Vaan-candy alone :bigsmile:.

Hazzard
03-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Whoa, whoa! The bandwagon on this forum is to bash Larsa, not Vaan. Now go make anti-Larsa threads and leave my precious Vaan-candy alone :bigsmile:.

I dont want anyone being rude to Larsa either. He's the Hi-potion kid who's extremely intellectual. (I wonder if he fancies Penelo...)

Shotgunnova
03-04-2007, 12:44 AM
No one mentioned randomized chest contents? Lunacy!

Renmiri
03-04-2007, 06:11 AM
And the difficulty of triggering some Espers finishing moves ? Sadistic designers I tell you. I bet they were all going "Buahahah!" whe they planned Exodus'

Setzer Gabianni
03-04-2007, 07:47 AM
FFS, you have plenty of other anti FFXII threads to go bitch in. To make one solely about Vaan's abs? Good lord.

Necronopticous
03-04-2007, 08:28 AM
The worst thing about Final Fantasy XII is the lack of adequate lists.

Mirage
03-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I don't like randomized chest contents either.

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2007, 09:35 AM
The randomnized chests bug the hell out of me. Ultima's Summon Spell requirements are just obnoxious, the low chances of ever getting the Blackhole Concurrence (still haven't seen done one yet:cry: )

Also the FFXII haters;)

Rostum
03-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I hate how they didn't make hunt prizes as key items. :mad2: Now I've accidently sold my snake skin and can't finish a side quest! :mad2:

kurosaki_ichigo
03-04-2007, 09:59 AM
killing some big ass boss cool items kill a tons of monsters tons of loot alls well, then you hit a trap directly before a save point.....OH GOD

Wolf Kanno
03-04-2007, 10:19 AM
killing some big ass boss cool items kill a tons of monsters tons of loot alls well, then you hit a trap directly before a save point.....OH GOD

I also hate when you get your ass totally handed to you and you do a "tactical retreat". One guys left and just as your about to reach the exit... BOOM! A trap and your character is dead... I hate Nabudis and The Umbra...

No.78
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM

I dont want anyone being rude to Larsa either. He's the Hi-potion kid who's extremely intellectual. (I wonder if he fancies Penelo...)

Larsa DOES have an extremely annoying voice. I swear they're all americans trying to be english, and failing.
Especially Ashe, she seems to switch from American to English at least three times per sentence, Ashe makes no sense in that respect.

Renmiri
03-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I hate how they didn't make hunt prizes as key items. :mad2: Now I've accidently sold my snake skin and can't finish a side quest! :mad2:

You can finish the Dantro's wife sidequest without the Great Serpent skin, you just get lower value loot.

But you still get the key to get back into Barheim and get Zalera :D:D:D

Shiva_
03-04-2007, 08:51 PM
One thing:

The random treasure system - :mad2:
When you're getting a high-end piece of armor or weapon, there is nothing more irritating than spending an hour or so going back and forth to the chest over and over again seeing if it spawns or not, and even if it does, seeing if you get that right item or not.

btw, I think Vaan looks good. ;) I even thought at one about getting a hair-cut similar to his (even dyed to the same/similar color). lol

I like Larsa, too (currently have a desktop wallpaper of him).
One of the things I like about him is that he gives out free hi-potions as another person suggested. This way, you can save your mana by not having to use healing magic or your own hi-potions. I hated that he left your party when you arrived at that temple.

ValiantKnight
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Worst things in FF12 to me:

Chest randomness... too many random factors.. pick one or two.

Quickening randomness... For my most recent playthrough, I wanted to do a little powerleveling. Unless some unforeseen factor is randomizing the damage, my quickenings on the werewolves in giza are very flaky at best. I've did one white whorl, a 1 hitter, that killed the werewolf doing 3200 damage.... and next time on the other werewolf, did a 5 hit combo with 2 white whorls and 3 red spirals that only did 1700 damage. I've seen two red spirals(hope im remembering this right) hit for 1500-2000 damage, while i've seen two of them hit for 300 damage.

Summons/Esper weakness - the overall strength of the Espers/Summons.

That's about it for my memory for now.
and related to first post.... Vaan's abs are fine I guess, never paid that much attention to them.

Ashley Schovitz
03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I hate randomnized chest contents and the uselessness of the Espers. They aren't really of any hel. X's were way more useful and the summons weren't really apart of the storyline either so they could've been left out or improved. i also dislike the gender confusion between Larsa and Vann. I seriously though Larsa was a girl at first just wearing boy's clothing.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Vaan is the worst.

Without question, Vaan looks like Micheal Jackson. There just isnt any hope for the boy. Reks should have been the main character as he is cuter and has a less whiny voice.
And, he doesnt look like a popular figure in the world of pedophilism.

I also hate that the game is so short. =(

Hazzard
03-04-2007, 09:15 PM
the only worst thing i can point out is:

Guest's departure-I can survive for a long period of time and play with content, but when they join my party everything is so easy and i hardly find myself getting dents in my armor! Once they leave my party i feel kinda sad that I'm reduced to the low amount of three characters, and find myself struggling afterwards; guessing the fact that I'm getting to customed to the guests...

ValiantKnight
03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
A 4th team member is always a help.
Especially when he has unlimited hi-potions.

Vaan... yes his personality isn't the greatest, but maybe its just me or the other characters, it just doesn't seem that horrible. Then again, I've already been exposed to Tidus from X..... and it's hard to see fault in anyone else after watching Tidus for the first half of X.......... :)

At least in my opinion.

Dreddz
03-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Negalmuur leveling trick. Prepare for the generation of 10 year olds thinking there actually good at FFXII.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Vaan... yes his personality isn't the greatest, but maybe its just me or the other characters, it just doesn't seem that horrible. Then again, I've already been exposed to Tidus from X..... and it's hard to see fault in anyone else after watching Tidus for the first half of X.......... :)

At least in my opinion.

They are too much alike - Vaan, Tidus, That monkey boy from FF9 whose name has slipped me.

Hazzard
03-04-2007, 10:26 PM

At least in my opinion.

They are too much alike - Vaan, Tidus, That monkey boy from FF9 whose name has slipped me.

I find that you are referring to young master Zidane.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I find that you are referring to young master Zidane.

Indeed, thank you very much.

Gabranth
03-04-2007, 11:09 PM
personally, i liked to manually fly the airships around in previous FFs. i don't like how you can't manually fly it in this one (i didn't like it in X either).

choco_rider
03-05-2007, 03:02 AM
personally, i liked to manually fly the airships around in previous FFs. i don't like how you can't manually fly it in this one (i didn't like it in X either).
most definitely, now its like..."where do we wanna go?" [cinematic for 30 seconds] "awwww...that was the ride?"

Zeromus_X
03-05-2007, 03:10 AM
lol vaan sucks roflz

Anyway, the randomized chest contents are kind of annoying. I also don't like the addictiveness of the sidequests. I stopped doing sidequests after a point because they distracted me from the main story.

Tavrobel
03-05-2007, 03:12 AM
The plot. The gameplay. The soundtrack. Half of the characters. Random chests. Unobtainable things. Vaan's chest (wtf were they thinking?). Unimpressive visuals.

But otherwise a good game.

Goldenboko
03-05-2007, 03:14 AM
The character development, and the ending.

Hopefully the Sequal will be better then X-2

Renmiri
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Ooo a sequel has to be better!!!! Gameplay is already kick ass, now SE just has to spend some gil on dialogue and plot, plus beg on their knees to Uematsu for him to do the soundtrack! :love:

I actually hated guests. Vossler and Reddas broke all my chains :mad:

Having Reks die and get saddled with Vaan was a bummer too! My little boy still asks "Why can't we put Reks on the party ? I like him best" :(

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I hated the license points system. I thought pieces of it was ok, but the fact that no matter what freaking monster you kill, all you get is 1 LP. That sucks and the fact it takes so damn long to level up.

No.78
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Vaan is the worst.

Without question, Vaan looks like Micheal Jackson. There just isnt any hope for the boy. Reks should have been the main character as he is cuter and has a less whiny voice.

Short? I'm 30 hours in and I still haven't got my 2nd esper.

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Vaan is the worst.

Short? I'm 30 hours in and I still haven't got my 2nd esper.

I'm in 60 hours and my game is over.

No.78
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Crazy!

Anyway. No.1 worst thing about FF12= Complaining fans.

Shiva_
03-06-2007, 02:45 AM
I actually hated guests. Vossler and Reddas broke all my chains :mad:

The way I worked around this problem was I would cast Break on the guest character and put him in Stone status. I did this with Reddas at times when I was collecting loot for my ultimate weapons and when I was finishing leveling up in the Henne Mines. The reason I did it while leveling up was because if you have a 4th ally, then the experience points you receive after each battle get divided by 4 instead of 3, so each individual ally gets less per battle.

Overall, though, it was always good having a 4th person in there to help. Larsa was my favorite one.

Having Reks die and get saddled with Vaan was a bummer too! My little boy still asks "Why can't we put Reks on the party ? I like him best" :(
I like Reks, too. I wish he was in the party as well. He would've been a great addition.