PDA

View Full Version : Lady luck smiles down on me

DK
03-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Don't you just love it when you have a day/week or something where everything just goes your way? Or are you the epitome of bad luck? Never catch a break?

This last week everything has fallen my way, I love it. First I found out that the Uni I wanted to go to has offered me two places, which is awesome win. Then on Friday it was a double celebration of sorts, big family gathering for my cousin's sons first birthday party, and also yay Dan got into Uni woo sort of thing. Anyway I got extremely inebriated for the first time in ages, but managed to sleep for eleven hours and woke up with not a trace of a hangover, which was great.

And now I've just found that my cousins car is full and her husband can't fit this box of 9 half litre bottles of fine ale into it, so they're being left here while they drive back up country for me to work my way through. I love this week :love:

TELL YOUR WONDERFUL GOOD LUCK STORIES OR CURSE YOUR TERRIBLE FATE. But you'll have to excuse me as I have a bottle of Old Speckled Hen to give my full attention to. :heart:

Griff
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I have been single for almost 2 years. That is my curse.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Lady Luck smiled at me once, so I sued her for harrassment.

I have luck in days. One day it was windy and I was walking home, and a tile fell off of a block of flats and smashed on the ground a few feet ahead of me. I guess that was pretty lucky in some ways.

Renmiri
03-04-2007, 08:36 PM
A case of good ale, new Uni, weekend... Sounds like fun :D

Nominus Experse
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
SMAC is working again.
This makes the next 6 years worthwhile.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I have been fairly lucky lately, and then again, not.
I have two boyfreinds, that's all fun and good, and lots of boys calling me, but I also have some strange throat tumour, and that's not fun at all.
Luckily it's just my thymus. Me, being so sentimental, could never let go of my thymus. But I get to miss school to have surgery, so yes, luck is with me.

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM

Try adding a 0 to that.

Anywhos I seem to be cursed. I seem to have days where either everything goes wrong, or something goes right followed by lot's going wrong. I probably did something to tick off some deity in a past life or some such nonsense.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Try adding a 0 to that.

Anywhos I seem to be cursed. I seem to have days where either everything goes wrong, or something goes right followed by lot's going wrong. I probably did something to tick off some deity in a past life or some such nonsense.

20 years?!!? GROOOSSSS!! Do you have some sort of highly contagious disease? Like herpes or leprosy? I bet you're just shy. Even ugly guys get girls.

Poor darling, maybe you were Hitler in your past life. :(

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Well I am German. Though I also suffer from the 'Nice Guy' syndrome, where as I'm too 'nice' for any girl apparently, yet half of those I'm too 'nice' for complain about how they want to be with the 'nice' guys. Gotta love paradoxes that just wrap up in circles. >.< Though I don't think my looks ("http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/1014') really help me out on the matter either.

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Well I am German. Though I also suffer from the 'Nice Guy' syndrome, where as I'm too 'nice' for any girl apparently, yet half of those I'm too 'nice' for complain about how they want to be with the 'nice' guys. Gotta love paradoxes that just wrap up in circles. >.< Though I don't think my looks ("http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/1014') really help me out on the matter either.

Sometimes, nice guys make me sick. They are too passive. I mean seriously, girls want a guy who will throw them against the wall and stop thier breathing with kisses. Im serious, at least I do.

Why dont you try that, and luck with either find you slapped or getting lucky.

Jebus
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Most guys who complain about being a nice guy so girls won't date them for being nice guys usually have some kind of massive flaw, which'll explain it away. For instance, I used to think the same way, until I realized that I was completely uninteresting, and boring really. That and I have my fair share of personality disorders.

Anyway, I never get lucky, nor do I get unlucky. My life's in a constant state of balance. Even if on the off chance I do get (un)lucky, something of the exact opposite magnitude happens to balance it out.

For instance, I turn sixteen, yay, I can drive now. My Great-grandma dies within two days, and I suddenly lose interest in driving. (21 and I still don't have my license)

I get into college. Suddenly I lost my ability to pass easily, and I fail my first class ever.

Between eighth and ninth grade, I begin to notice that a girl I liked seems to like me back. I transfer to a different high school.

Various small things like that, I'm a bit worried about what will happen if something really good happens.

Madame Adequate
03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
SMAC is working again.
This makes the next 6 years anything worthwhile.

Edit: If you overlook the 3/4 of my childhood which completely sucked, I'm pretty lucky. The other 1/4 was great, and life now is okay.

Araciel
03-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Well I am German. Though I also suffer from the 'Nice Guy' syndrome, where as I'm too 'nice' for any girl apparently, yet half of those I'm too 'nice' for complain about how they want to be with the 'nice' guys. Gotta love paradoxes that just wrap up in circles. >.< Though I don't think my looks (http://%22http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/1014%27) really help me out on the matter either.

Sometimes, nice guys make me sick. They are too passive. I mean seriously, girls want a guy who will throw them against the wall and stop thier breathing with kisses. Im serious, at least I do.

Why dont you try that, and luck with either find you slapped or getting lucky.

slapped or getting lucky. such is life XD

as for me, i consider myself neutral when it comes to luck, that is i don't have good or bad luck which is definitely a good thing, i have enough excitement in other facets of my life.

Iceglow
03-05-2007, 01:45 AM
When things go wrong for me they go horribly wrong anything and absoloutely everything MUST go wrong at once...I won't go down the lane of memory to find a week where this last happened I think I know where it was though.

When things go well for me it's generally very good indeed. I like these weeks and off late they seem to be more frequent than the others. :D

forevergamer
03-05-2007, 06:28 AM
ahh lady luck!!!she has the most powerful power of all..she can make your day full of sunshine and cool breeze or she can turn it into a dark rainy day.for me ,lady luck turns out whenever i find money in the streets.then i have extra money to spend.hehehe!!!:D

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....

Agrias
03-05-2007, 06:36 AM
i got money this weekend, i met two actors and one singer, i got offered five job positions each offering 15 dollars or more per hour. there you go.

Resha
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Mmm, days ain't been that great lately but it gives me scope for SUPER-OPTIMISM. And so I GRUN and GRIN at them :D Waitin for my lucky break.