PDA

View Full Version : Get hurt easily help.

Formalhaut
03-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Is it me, or do you get hurt quite easily. Balthier is Lv.11 and in the Lhusu mines, it takes around 7 hits from the skellitons to put him in danger and 13 from steelings. Help.

DM_Melkhar
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Is it me, or do you get hurt quite easily. Balthier is Lv.11 and in the Lhusu mines, it takes around 7 hits from the skellitons to put him in danger and 13 from steelings. Help.
What equipment do you have? I found that I had a similar problem there, although it was usually when I was bombarded by the undead. If you have little by means of good equipment for Balthier, that may account for some of it. It also depends on who's being targeted the most. I find that enemies sometimes go for one particular character, so that's possible as well.

If you haven't done so already, set your everyone up with a gambit that heals whenever a character drops below a certain amount of HP, eg: ally = HP <70% with cure, potion or first aid. To be honest, I've always had all my characters with a gambit that's set up like that. Helps no end!

Formalhaut
03-04-2007, 07:18 PM
You are right there in one point. The skellitons and steelings almost always go to my leader (AKA balthier):choc2:

Renmiri
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Protect works wonders in the Lhusus Mines. Have a gambit like Self / Protect for each character and you will last a lot longer :D

ValiantKnight
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
shield block augments and shields also work well if the skeletons don't pierce blocking, which I don't believe most normal monsters will.

Renmiri
03-04-2007, 11:55 PM
At this low level, particularly wiht undead you should try techniques: Horology, Traveler, Numerology..

They don't require MP and are the only ranged, party wide attacks you will have till you buy Fira, much later in the game. Bows and magick only hit one foe at the level you are at, while Horology or Traveler will weaken all foes in range, fliers included :D

First Aid is also good: Heals 1/4th of max HP without consuming a single MP.

And don't forget Libra to make those traps visible :D

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
I think 11 is a little low for Lhusu Mines. I was like, 15 or so. But yeah, they get hurt more easily in FFXII. I always have a healer constantly healing 'cause potions are way too expensive.

Formalhaut
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Why do the foes always go after my leader (Balthier)? I have to constanly heal him since the steelings, them massive big things and the skellintons.:(

Madonna
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Maybe because your party leader is the one gaining all the hate due to attacking first or being the closest target when enemies notice you? Also, some enemies just seem to gravitate towards weaker characters. I know that my Fran was once everyone's punching bag for a bit.

To help avoid damage, equip a shield and check your armor. Guns, spears, and katanas are not the best weapons for evasion.

Rostum
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Level 11 is rather low...

Anyways, either you equip Balthier with heavy armor and a shield. Or you use someone that's already set up like that (Ashe or Basch), and use them as your leader.

This all becomes easier when you get the provoke spell (Decoy).

Xurts
03-06-2007, 12:00 AM
At this low level, particularly wiht undead you should try techniques: Horology, Traveler, Numerology..

They don't require MP and are the only ranged, party wide attacks you will have till you buy Fira, much later in the game. Bows and magick only hit one foe at the level you are at, while Horology or Traveler will weaken all foes in range, fliers included :D

First Aid is also good: Heals 1/4th of max HP without consuming a single MP.

And don't forget Libra to make those traps visible :D
You forgot Dark. That's the first multi-hitting spell you get. It heals the undead, so curative spells work best on them. You should have Cura by the time you're in the Lhusu Mines. Use that.