PDA

View Full Version : Sandstorm Investigator

ValiantKnight
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
*Possible subtle spoilers, though nothing direct*

Was wondering when the earliest time this sidequest comes up/available if anyone knows, or what triggers it?

In a second playthrough, I am trying to .... access areas i'm not supposed to be at yet. I've visited the violent sandstorm "wyrm's nest"... yet mr. investigator is yet to show. I talked with Cotze on the fountain and he said the investigator came by and talked to him, but still nothing out at westgate.

For progress, I am just after touching down in the westersand and the sandsea opens up for exploring.

I was merely wanting to try my hand at mr. scaley before the tomb if its possible that early. I've completed all hunts except the snake and turtle in the mines, which will be dead in a few moments.

I know you don't have to go there early, but it's something to do on a second playthrough.

Renmiri
03-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Apparently the Windvane doesn't even show up if you go too early.

I saw someone on the forums complaining that they looked all around the big cactus and it wasn't there.

Wait till Paramina at least, if not Phon Coast.

ValiantKnight
03-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Hmm.
I finished the Lhusu hunts....
I will check it after the tomb I guess.

Madonna
03-05-2007, 02:49 AM
My wife and I are playing through a second time and we are sneaking into areas that we are not required to go yet as much as we can! I even got really gutsy and ran through the Necrohol of Nabudis at level twenty-seven to get the Zodiac Spear.

She took care of the getting through the Wyrm's Nest so I do not know exactly when we got through it, but it was after Raithwall's Tomb.

Renmiri
03-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I went to Nabudis at level 30. Got a Helvinek (HP 99,999) chasing my party. What a rush! :D

ValiantKnight
03-06-2007, 05:25 AM
He, like every other way to the Mosph High, only shows up after the tomb it seems.

Teleported back to town upon reaching the tomb and after putting the bird down.... and he wasnt there. Sped through the tomb, popped out to west gate, and there he was.

Question is... if all 3? ways to get to the Mosph High come open at the same time......

I don't know, it just seems like Wyrm's Nest should let you in sooner than the boat quest, but both become active at the same time.

Hmm... Now I wonder if I should have tried to reach other areas through Z caverns.. or if it would have been blocked off. Or even tried to fight the big thing down there before going to the tomb. Probably is blocked off though.

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I think so. I'm not sure, but I believe the way to the "big thing" only gets open after you talk to the geomancer at Jahara.

Madonna
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Once you get access to Ozmone Plains, you should be able to fight the big thing and get into the rest of the Z Caves. I know because I tried so hard to get down there as early as possible so that I could fight the manti there and get a loot drop that allows one to buy a certain accessory in the bazaar.

ValiantKnight
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I believe you are talking about the 10 esper big thing renmiri?
I was just simply wondering if it were possible to use the Z Caverns(which has multiple exits, including one in Ozmone)... to get to those places earlier, and fight A........... before getting B.....

Her Majestry's:
Scythe Mantis... Tattered Garment?
So its blocked off then?

Renmiri
03-07-2007, 01:29 AM
You're right, it was the 10 Esper. I got confused...

Madonna
03-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Until you can get to the point of the game when you can get to Ozmone Plains, i.e., after Raithwall's Tomb, all of the other entrances do not lead very far in due to sand pits. Some pits fill in by themselves, whilst others need help filling in by knocking rocks into them.

Yes, VKnight.