PDA

View Full Version : Miser

Diango12
03-05-2007, 01:47 AM
How do you handle money?

I spend it like there was no tomorrow. I never value money by the cent or even by the dollar as most people do. I see it only as a means of getting things done or getting it in my hands. I start saying absurd things like "Keep the change" and "Here’s a tip". I also throw it around every charitable box or fountain I can come across just to see it fly and hit the water.

Much like today, I began the week with quiet a lot of money use and I end up emptying my pockets in two days. Even when I buy something and end up realizing I don’t need it I can't help but not return it. In short I can’t seem to value or save money. The only thing its good for is to get me stuff.

And you? Are you a miser or a spender

Rocket Edge
03-05-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm a spender for sure.

Bahamut2000X
03-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I use a credit card all the time so I can't use change and cash on frivolous things like vending machines and take a pennies leave a penny. Also that way I can only buy what I need to when I need it and it takes some actual thought to buy it (as in online) or I realize I actually bought something when I sign off on it.

Araciel
03-05-2007, 01:51 AM
as i handle my women. fast and loose

abrojtm
03-05-2007, 01:57 AM
I try to save, but I have to live. I work full-time+full time college=broke.

Do donate to the "Help abrojtm Survive Fund", simply paypal to abrojtm@aol.com!
(Do it!)

Iceglow
03-05-2007, 02:01 AM
I can be very good with my money if left to my own devices. I earn plenty and could save plenty too. I tend to save money where possible and there isn't much I need for myself. As for the money I don't spend I'm saving for a couple of big trips at the moment (well 3 to be exact) but it's all good there.

My mom however sucks with cash and is permanently broke meaning that I have to be there with the ready cash to bail her out at this rate although I did all I could to get the holiday booked off from work I won't be going Austrailia in september, she has a nasty habbit of taking money from me and either not paying me back or paying me back in drips and drabs so I never seem to save the cash again. She really doesn't want me to go Austrailia so I believe part of this is to stop me, yeah she's petty and selfish like that. Like I said I'm good with money when left to my own devices.

(btw anyone saying oh just don't lend my mom the money, she threatens me with throwing me out and means it when I say no then threatens me with throwing me out and means it if I pressure her to pay back the money she owes so I lose either way.)

If I have one flaw however when it comes to money it's I would rather spend my money and have a good time with mates then have more cash and a boring time or no time with mates at all. This means I will occasionally take my mates out to the pub even if one or two has no money to spend themselves.

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 02:04 AM
I spend all my money on games and miniskirts.
I'm not even lying.

Martyr
03-05-2007, 02:12 AM
If I have money, then I am very generous. I spend it on my friends, food, drinks, chicas, whatever.

If I don't have money... Well, I'm kinda the same.

Way I see it: if I don't need money, then I don;t have any drive to keep making money. So I always keep myself ahead of the game by clinging desperately to the game.

Actually, if everything fell apart today, I'd have enough in reserve to get on my feet. Truth be told, I'm a totally frivolous spender as long as I don't cut into certain savings.
Last year, in fact, I found myself saving money instead of spending it because I went too far for my finances to carry me... Pretty embarassing. Bleah. I hate money.

kikimm
03-05-2007, 02:41 AM
It seems like I'm always saving up for something big. So I don't often spend, but when I do, it's always quite a bit at once.

But it is annoying. I'd rather be able to just buy whatever I want and be impulsive and not care and blah blah. But along with always saving up, I'm naturally a miser too. So yeah.

Mogi
03-05-2007, 02:45 AM
I save it because I never go anywhere to spend it.

Mwahahahahahahahah!

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I would like to find one other person out there who spends all thier money on games and miniskirts. I would never disagree with that person ever again.

XxSephirothxX
03-05-2007, 02:53 AM
I don't spend large amounts of money very often, really, but I'm still a fairly liberal spender, so I'll quite often spend 5 bucks here for some food or 10 bucks there for a movie ticket. If I ever go to a bookstore (or, to a lesser extent, a game store)though, odds are I'll buy something with little to no regard for how much money I should actually be saving :monster:.

Nominus Experse
03-05-2007, 03:19 AM
It's called fucking self-control. Logic also plays a part in it: knowing that you have bills to pay sobers some people.

Miriel
03-05-2007, 07:20 AM
I can be very frugal sometimes and other times be very frivolous about spending money. I'm weird like that. When it comes to shopping, I usually will wait to buy things until they're on sale. I'm a bargain shopper. But when it comes to things like food, I will spend loads of money on GOOD food. There have been several occassions where I've plonked down $100 for an amazing steak dinner. It all really depends.

Also, I firmly believe that you gotta spend money to make money. So in terms of business-y things, I'm willing to dole out the cash if I believe that it's a worthy investment that will ultimately bring me more money.

Slade
03-05-2007, 07:40 AM
I quite often forget that I have money. Then when I check my balance theres a rather 'happy' amount sitting there. Then comes the spending, which I don't often do and usually only end up buying one or two items. Yep I'm a tight ass.

Yamaneko
03-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Living on your own makes you appreciate back when you had money to spend. I'd rather not spend money beyond the essentials (Internet is an essential), but sometimes is just unavoidable.

Mirage
03-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I spend my money impulsively, even if I don't have them.

Peegee
03-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Give me an excuse and I'll be a spender. Consequently I have to deal with my behaviour through extreme circumstances.

One day I found I had nearly 3 thousand dollars in my chequing account and there was no reason for me to spend money on stuff.

So I invested like 2500$ of it on RRSPs.

Mirage
03-05-2007, 10:58 AM
RRSP?

Jowy
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Direct deposit into checking account, spending a bit only when I need necessities or possibly something for leisure. For the most part it all goes to rent, bills, and groceries.

blackmage_nuke
03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
I spend money like I spend time visiting the elderly.

-

Bunny
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
A little bit of both.

I'm more of a saver, but I am really attracted to pretty things. Like.. really. Super much.

Goldenboko
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Neither, I still don't earn a lot of money, but when I spend it I like to have already saved up alot, and blow, like... half of it... or all of it :P

But I always bank half of what I earn.

Kossage
03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm more of a miser than a spender, but occasionally I do spend quite a bit of money on things I'm interested in (the most recent stuff being the Carl Barks Library set). :)

Peegee
03-05-2007, 03:03 PM
RRSP?

Registered Retirement Savings Plan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RRSP

Breine
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
It varies... a lot. Sometimes I can easily spend all of my money in one day, while other times I'm somehow able to go for weeks without really spending any. I usually spend my money on clothes, CD's, DVD's, console games and food... not much else, really.

Sergeant Hartman
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
When I get money for a birthday or something I usually spend a bit of it on the things I want, the rest goes in the bank and I just forget about it.

starseeker
03-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I usually save up, but I do periodically do impulse buying. Expensive impulse buying, which necessitates raiding my savings.

Yuffie514
03-06-2007, 08:37 AM
perhaps about 80% spender. but i don't spend it all in one whim, i know how to put some aside.

Riana
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm a bit of both. But if I get a bonus of some sort it goes straight away, on things like clothes, DVDs, games and books.

However anything I have left over (notes or pounds only) I put it in a money box on my desk. Haven't touched it for a few months now. Saving up for a new console. I'm still indecisive about which one to get.

Old Manus
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I use it to buy new weapons at the weapon shop, then go and kill people to make more money.

black orb
03-06-2007, 04:03 PM
>>> I try to be a miser but its hard..

Misfit
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
All my checks go into my bank. :o

I bought a few things for myself, but not alot. I'm not a material kinda girl. xP I enjoy saving my money plzthx.

Reles
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
I save most of my money. I like having that security of having atleast 200-300 dollars in the bank, if I go below that I go crazy. I know I probably have about 400 in the bank right now and I just got my first speeding ticket of 120 and I'm already freaking out about that. I only make about 130 every two weeks so most of that has to be saved in order to buy myself groceries and get myself home on the weekends (30 dollars for gas). I will however pamper myself with the occasional movie, dinner, or shopping spree.

Awrini
03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I save most of my money. I like having that security of having atleast 200-300 dollars in the bank, if I go below that I go crazy. I know I probably have about 400 in the bank right now and I just got my first speeding ticket of 120 and I'm already freaking out about that. I only make about 130 every two weeks so most of that has to be saved in order to buy myself groceries and get myself home on the weekends (30 dollars for gas). I will however pamper myself with the occasional movie, dinner, or shopping spree.

You feel secure with that little in the bank!? I'm going insane if my balance drops below $1000.

Peegee
03-06-2007, 04:39 PM

I bought a few things for myself, but not alot. I'm not a material kinda girl. xP I enjoy saving my money plzthx.

hey moosefoot your font size has to be this small wtf fix pls

Misfit
03-06-2007, 05:23 PM

hey moosefoot your font size has to be this small wtf fix pls
Sorry I forgot. :(

Reles
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM

You feel secure with that little in the bank!? I'm going insane if my balance drops below $1000.

I'm sure when I'm older I won't feel secure with that little in the bank. But the only thing I have to worry about when I'm in college is snacks and enough gas money to get me home. The rest should just be for emergencies. I don't have to pay for my dorm room or college, my parents do that for me.

Zeldy
03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
My christmas money is already gone, all £200 of it. I spent the last £30 on a mini skirt, my parents freaked xD

Im a right spender. Money burns a hole in my pocket. I have about £20 atm, by Monday It'll be gone and have hardly anything to show for it.

Spammerman
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
I use it to buy new weapons at the weapon shop, then go and kill people to make more money.

rofl

Shlup
03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm pretty solidly cheap. My husband and I save well enough that now that I'm student teaching full time so I'm not getting paid, we aren't worried about living off our savings for the next six months.