PDA

View Full Version : dc ANIMATED SERIES vs mARVEL CARTOONS

Ashley Schovitz
03-05-2007, 02:38 AM
oOPS SORRY FOR THE TITLE CAPS dang i keep on forgetting the caps lock lately what's wrong with me? Oh well. Which company do you think has the better animated series? For me it's DC. I loved X-men, but that was it I really nver liked Fantastic Four, the Hulk, or really didn't have much interest in Spiderman I only watched it if the others weren't on. DC has good ones, but the fewest. There's Batman the best one, Superman, Justice League, Static Shock, and Teen Titans. I would have to say the teen Titans are the worst out of the bunch. A few episodes are good, but the rest seem to be too childish for them to be calling it the "Teen Titans". There's also Batman Beyon which was also good,but not as good as the original Batman cartoon. X-men I think beats all the others it was mature and action packed, even if I really didn't understand it at the time. Static Shock even recieved a reward I think.

Man now I really want to see Batman,the Justice League, X-men, and Static Shock again!

Araciel
03-05-2007, 02:41 AM
all the marvel cartoons from the 90s were win...x men, spider man, fantastic four, iron man....good ol days.

Vermachtnis
03-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Marvel for me. Spider-Man and X-men are the best. I remember watching X-men and Spider-Man back to back every Saturday morning.

The only DC series I like is Teen Titans. I can't wait to see this new movie. I know it's seperate from the series, but I wonder if it'll have the same Voice Actors.

El Bandito
03-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Asking me to pick between "Batman: The Animated Series" and "X-men: The Animated Series" is like asking me if I liked pizza or ice cream more as a kid. Both were some of the highlights of my childhood and I watched both religiously. Just hearing parts of the opening theme songs brings back so much.

Goddamn Batman was dark though. I was watching it again since I borrowed a friend's DVD set and I don't get how I could understand so much of that stuff at the age I was at. Same with X-men, but not to the same degree as Batman. I think I'll have to go out and but those box sets myself.

sockmonkey
03-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Goddamn Batman was dark though. I was watching it again since I borrowed a friend's DVD set and I don't get how I could understand so much of that stuff at the age I was at. Same with X-men, but not to the same degree as Batman. I think I'll have to go out and but those box sets myself.

Because Batman was well-written and kids aren't dumb.

Slothy
03-05-2007, 12:58 PM
X-Men and Spider-Man are pretty much the best examples of how you can take classic comic book story lines, adapt them for a Saturday morning cartoon show, and not totally dumb it all down. It was essentially my introduction to the full history of these characters and worthy of my eternal love based on that alone. That said, the DC animated universe is how the best example of a well written coherent cartoon universe out there. I believe it's made up of shows for adults as much as children so I have to say I like it more (especially being an adult now and all). I just wish they'd release the X-Men and Spider-Man animated series on DVD already. How am I supposed to lose myself in childhood memories if they won't give me these shows in DVD form?

Roto13
03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Download them like me. I have the entire X-Men series. :P

I can't choose, though. Batman vs. The X-Men? Not bloody likely.

Bunny
03-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Whichever side has Not Superman.

Man, I hate Superman. Batman doesn't even begin to make up for him. SO LAME.

(I secretly love Batman.)