PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do these classes SUCK?

The Mog Ninja
03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
ok so heres the deal, i have a Dark Knight, Geomancer, White and Black mage in my party and im being OWNED even tho im 5 levels higher than the mobs, and im currently at the part where u need to go to the mansion and your boat is tied up. so i think i need to change my party but to what? or is it just this hard from now on?

Zeromus_X
03-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Well, in truth, Job levels are a bit more important than Experience levels when it comes to the effectiveness of a character at a certain job. Also, if you just changed jobs, your characters' stats will go down for a predefined number of battles (I'm assuming you're playing the DS version).

That being said, no combination is really bad, but it helps to use the Jobs the story hints at you to use. For example, Goldor's mansion hints that you should use the Thief to unlock all the locked doors. The Scholar is Hein's weakness. Etc, etc.

The Geomancer is actually a really good class, capable of doing extreme damage with Terrain and doing great melee damage until later in the game. The only thing I'd change in your setup is your Black Mage, since melee classes outdamage offensive spellcasting classes all of the time.

The Mog Ninja
03-05-2007, 04:07 AM
really? i can do 2k dmg with my blizzaga... but yeah i keep being owned, and ty for story hints

Elpizo
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
For Dark Knight, I would actually wait until you can buy Dark Knight equipment from Falgabard. Unless you really want Souleater. Your choice. Any party can work as long as they are equipt and have good job levels.

The Mog Ninja
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
kk ty

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I have a Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, and a Warrior. Equiped with great items, and all, that can use magic, have close to the same spells, and all have at least one or two level four spells. Im beating the boss's, and the mobs easy.

I know I will have to change them when I get further into the game, but what im saying is, with this party, im doing pretty good.

Momiji
03-07-2007, 02:37 AM
ok so heres the deal, i have a Dark Knight, Geomancer, White and Black mage in my party and im being OWNED even tho im 5 levels higher than the mobs, and im currently at the part where u need to go to the mansion and your boat is tied up. so i think i need to change my party but to what? or is it just this hard from now on?

I've got the same party and I'm doing pretty well.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Maybe your characters have low job levels. Try leveling up your characters for an hour or more.

The Mog Ninja
03-12-2007, 11:07 AM
My Black Mage level is 35-40, my White Mage level is 38-43, my Dark Knight is about 15-20 and my Geomancer is 20-25

BlueChaos
03-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Um, okay.

Hitaka
03-13-2007, 05:14 AM
At that point in the game I had a Knight, Thief, White Mage and Black Mage. Thief is quite good because you can buy new armor for it, as well as Boomerangs. Stick him in the back row and let him go to town. Also I strongly suggest dual weapon equipping instead of equipping a shield for your melee jobs. And Dark Knight isn't that great until you can buy dark swords, go with Knight or Viking.

The Mog Ninja
03-16-2007, 12:18 PM
K thanks everyone.

Peter_20
03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
If you run into those things that split, use a Dark Knight.
Actually, you should keep using the Dark Knight from this part, because he beats the Knight any day.

The Mog Ninja
03-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Lol okay thanks XD

darksword12
03-22-2007, 03:08 AM
Are you well-equipped? Try using a thief. Amur has a lot of good equipment for thieves and vikings.

The Mog Ninja
03-22-2007, 12:04 PM
KK ty.