PDA

View Full Version : How do I beat Nemesis?

Human Devil
03-05-2007, 04:53 AM
I dont have the best top noch characters but when he uses Armageddon it kills me and I auto-life back up and then he uses that stupid Ultra Spark move and kills me again.

Any advice? or requirments? only auto thingy i need is auto-haste and thats hard to get a bunch of chocobo wings from that cactuar king.

Firo Volondé
03-05-2007, 05:45 AM
You should have Celestial Weapons, stats nearing 255 (200 at the very least), and armor with Auto-Haste. There are three main ways to go about beating him; I call them the Tank method, the Revive method and the Yojimbo method.

For the Tank method, have two characters to do the attacking, and one character (Lulu if you have her CW, otherwise just make a weapon with BDL, Magic Booster, and One MP Cost) to cast Auto-Life and heal after Armageddon. Pump up your fighters' HP to around 30,000 or higher, allowing you to take anything he dishes out except Armageddon. Make sure all characters have Auto-Life when he attacks, in case he uses Armageddon. This method is less effective because you spend too much time casting Curaga, and it would be a waste if he uses Armageddon.

The Revive Method is to continually cast Auto-Life on yourself, and attack whenever you have a free turn. The advantages here are that you don't need BDL, and never have wasted turns. The only possible disadvantage is running out of MP, (which will happen surprisingly fast unless you have Yuna and Lulu in your team), but you can use Osmose on Nemesis to build it back up.

The third method is just pay Yojimbo a crapload of gil. ;)

The Mog Ninja
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
paying yojimbo is how i beat all the dark aeons

Mavander
03-05-2007, 03:40 PM
The Revive Method is to continually cast Auto-Life on yourself, and attack whenever you have a free turn. The advantages here are that you don't need BDL, and never have wasted turns. The only possible disadvantage is running out of MP, (which will happen surprisingly fast unless you have Yuna and Lulu in your team), but you can use Osmose on Nemesis to build it back up.

I'm not at the moment where I can fight Nemesis, but... Casting Auto-Life on one user at a time is quite... time-taking. You can use Rikku's Hyper Mighty G to cast a few more helping spells on yourself. I've never used it in the game. But I watch a lot of DarkKefka's videos on youtube. And the more I watch it the funnier I feel when I see tactics to beat some uber bosses that doesn't mention anything about Rikku's mixes.

Tavrobel
03-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I dont have the best top noch characters but when he uses Armageddon it kills me and I auto-life back up and then he uses that stupid Ultra Spark move and kills me again.

Any advice? or requirments? only auto thingy i need is auto-haste and thats hard to get a bunch of chocobo wings from that cactuar king.

Stats at 200+, except Luck. Celestial Weapons. Agi should be very high.

Don't bother with Auto-Haste if you can't easily obtain it, because Hastega is easier to cast. You could be spending those 4 Armor slots for El + Sol + Dol + Lo BHPL, Ribbon (if you have the wimpy version), Auto-Shell/Protect, anything else.

Quick Hit is your friend. Overdrives are not. If your relationship with Yojimbo is good, give Zanmato a try.

I'm not at the moment where I can fight Nemesis, but... Casting Auto-Life on one user at a time is quite... time-taking. You can use Rikku's Hyper Mighty G to cast a few more helping spells on yourself. I've never used it in the game. But I watch a lot of DarkKefka's videos on youtube. And the more I watch it the funnier I feel when I see tactics to beat some uber bosses that doesn't mention anything about Rikku's mixes.

LOL no.

Casting support spells by the time you get to the Original Creations is useless. There is no argument for it, because all statuses are negated on Death (except Auto-Life). At this point, it's all about how often you can hit the X-button and not die, not strategy. Consistency overrides spectacularness, because you know that little thing you call Luck? Yeah, the thing you need to not mess up and win under the most harrowing of circumstances?

It's gone, I tells yah, gone! Besides, you only have to cast Auto-Life on three characters. Auto-Life may have a nasty MP requirement, but its cooldown rate is the same as a Normal Attack (which is slower than Quick Hit, but so sue me). So, let's see it in this way: one overdrive, for a plethora of defense against spells that will either

A) Confuse, Berserk, and Poison you, leaving you crippled and in a hospital
B) ignore your defense and do 99999 anyways
C) negate them
D) requires precious items from that ohh, so perfect game file with 99 of everything

Versus 3x Auto-Life:
A) keeps you alive and gives you a second chance
B) did I mention it can't be negated by Ultra Spark?
C) I'm fairly sure I did, because I've written about this millions of times before
D) ever heard of the SEARCH function?
E) don't talk unless you know what you are talking about and have fought Nemesis before
F) because you don't and haven't, so don't bother

Human Devil
03-06-2007, 03:14 AM

You should have Celestial Weapons, stats nearing 255 (200 at the very least), and armor with Auto-Haste. There are three main ways to go about beating him; I call them the Tank method, the Revive method and the Yojimbo method.

For the Tank method, have two characters to do the attacking, and one character (Lulu if you have her CW, otherwise just make a weapon with BDL, Magic Booster, and One MP Cost) to cast Auto-Life and heal after Armageddon. Pump up your fighters' HP to around 30,000 or higher, allowing you to take anything he dishes out except Armageddon. Make sure all characters have Auto-Life when he attacks, in case he uses Armageddon. This method is less effective because you spend too much time casting Curaga, and it would be a waste if he uses Armageddon.

The third method is just pay Yojimbo a crapload of gil. ;)

Yea but I dont want to spoil the fun using Yojimbo I always use Rikku at Stotic and use Hyper Mighty G My Aurons hp is 30000 but I need Rikku Wakka and Tidus cuz there my fastest people. And i watch Darkkefka on youtube as well, shes a beast at this game. I just need know how to survive an Armegeddon and an Ultra Spark after that at an hp of 9999.

ReloadPsi
03-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Holy crap, how many times did you have to reset for that? I can only ever get him to do that if it's the first time I've ever summoned him... yeah, kiss my balls Dark Bahamut! (It was to get the Sun Crest so it's justified)

farplaner
03-06-2007, 07:34 AM
I just had big stats, cast Hastega, and Quick Hit forevermore. Every once in a while I'd try to steal a Lv. 4 key sphere. Before each of Nemesis' turns I summoned an Aeon and did an overdrive before Nem. annihilated it, then went back to Quick Hit... by the time the Magus Sisters were dead (they, being the last Aeons on the list), Nemesis was soon to follow...

It's not a clever method, but it works. :eep:

rubah
03-08-2007, 02:53 AM
LOL no.

Casting support spells by the time you get to the Original Creations is useless. There is no argument for it, because all statuses are negated on Death (except Auto-Life). At this point, it's all about how often you can hit the X-button and not die, not strategy. Consistency overrides spectacularness, because you know that little thing you call Luck? Yeah, the thing you need to not mess up and win under the most harrowing of circumstances?

I disagree. Shell is very effective against earth eater when he counters with flare. he liked to always target yuna and take off ~2400hp, so with shell it was just 1200 and I could hit him that much more before having to heal/revive her.

Besides, light curtains are cheap, and 2x light curtains is a wonderful mix. Just wait to apply it after you knock him down

Yuriev's ghost
03-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Wakka + Max Strength (level it up by killing Juggernaut over and over again) + Celestial Weapon + prefect Attack Reals = 99999*12 damage each time you use it. Even 10 million HP doesn't take long to chip off when you can cause that kind of damage (every few turns, if both your other characters have entrust). Just use an aeon to take Armageddon. He casts it between the 9th-11th turn or something, so summon one around then and just be sure to keep them alive to the point he uses it.

farplaner
03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Wakka + Max Strength (level it up by killing Juggernaut over and over again) + Celestial Weapon + prefect Attack Reals = 99999*12 damage each time you use it. Even 10 million HP doesn't take long to chip off when you can cause that kind of damage (every few turns, if both your other characters have entrust). Just use an aeon to take Armageddon. He casts it between the 9th-11th turn or something, so summon one around then and just be sure to keep them alive to the point he uses it.

But Nemesis counters overdrives with some kind of "curse" right? ...At least in the US version. Otherwise, like you say, I would just entrust to Wakka with all of my characters.

Yuriev's ghost
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
He counters with Ultima iirc. 3000-5000 damage to all = not a big deal.

Tavrobel
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I disagree. Shell is very effective against earth eater when he counters with flare. he liked to always target yuna and take off ~2400hp, so with shell it was just 1200 and I could hit him that much more before having to heal/revive her.

Besides, light curtains are cheap, and 2x light curtains is a wonderful mix. Just wait to apply it after you knock him down

That's one, out of many. If you still rely on those little tricks to get you to survive, I have a serious feeling that you won't survive too many of those battles. Sure, you can use it after the fact, but once you are there, I doubt that you will have 30k+ HP to spare, or 255 in everything, thus reducing all attacks to manageable amounts. If you can survive those battles without them, you can beat all of the battles.

And yes, I'm well aware of the common-ness of Curtains.

Also, for the rest of you, I hope that you know Wakka's Overdrive is affected by Defense ratings, right? This means he doesn't deal 99999*12 with a perfect Reels. He doeals closer to 30000*12, and Nemesis has several million HP. Whatever he counters Overdrives with is of little concern to heal, since you won't live too long afterwards, if you do use Overdrives. The cooldown time is simply too long for little to no payoff. Normal attacks, such as Quick Hit, deal more damage, and speed up your turns.

EDIT: Ohh, btw, rubah, did you know I couldn't quote your damned post for the longest time because I couldn't find your Quote button? Your signature is messing up the tables.

Yuriev's ghost
03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Nemesis' defense was low enough that it always caused 99999 damage per hit for me with max strength. It was only for a few certain Dark Aeons (Dark Yojimbo, Dark Anima and Dark Bahamut iirc) + Penance where it caused less.

Blitz Ace hit for less damage though, at around 70000 per hit.

EDIT: Link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPNZWqzklv8) of battle I found where where Attacks Reals caused 99999 damage per hit against Nemesis.

2nd link (http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9H82tPVEVk) for better picture.

Tavrobel
03-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I will ignore that and consider it worthless after seeing the text and unworthy of valid input, because European/Int. versions are like Jesus, and are not to ever be recognized by the state, or if they are, will be executed.

rubah
03-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Note to self, floats mess up postbits above message.

Note to tavrobel, stop being lame and using postbit above message.

Tavrobel
03-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't worry, Jesus loves you, rubah.

rubah
03-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes but he doesn't love people that have their postbit above messages.

utelektr
03-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Does Jesus love me?

I couldn't care less, cuz I'm Muslim/Atheist. (don't ask)

Tavrobel
03-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Yes but he doesn't love people that have their postbit above messages.

What are you talking about? He clearly loves Psychotic, otherwise he would've been rammed into a ditch long ago.

Human Devil
03-10-2007, 02:46 AM
Nevermind cuz I've been defeated him a while back.. Took long but I did it using Rikku and Hyper Mighy G, but my only prob was that nobody was fast enough to make a turn after he uses Armageddon so he killed me using Ultra Spark afterwards. But I put more Agillity on my characters so they will be fast enough to be Auto-lifed and take a turn as well. :D
Now I've beaten every single monster he has. Now theres no need for me to play FFX anymore unless I do No Sphere Grid, which I dont have the patience for, but I might try it. Depends on how bored I'am, besides I hate the beginning.

Chocobo King
03-11-2007, 06:30 PM
since you guys are talkin bout Nemisis, is he in the US version of FFX? i was just wandering.

rubah
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
He is the ultimate super boss in the north american FFX version.

(whether or not he is also the hardest is up to personal opinion)

Chocobo King
03-13-2007, 05:12 AM
is he the boss after you beet every monster at the monster arena, such as the origanl creations?

Firo Volondé
03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
And you need to have captured 10 of every capturable monster.

Hambone
03-16-2007, 09:07 PM
is he the boss after you beet every monster at the monster arena, such as the origanl creations?

yeah.