PDA

View Full Version : Hints.

boys from the dwarf
03-05-2007, 08:00 AM
o.k. im in the stillshrine of miriam. i've only been using Vaan, Basch and Fran. they are on level 28 around and the others are around level 9-13.

im doing well for weapons and armour but my magic isn't so good.

i've got basic green and arcane magic. level 1 black magic as well as water and aero and i my best white magic spells are cura and aero.

i dont think i've really been training very well or balancing my characters. apparently i should have level 2 black magic by now and i just think i should start the game over because my strategy in most random encounters has been attack, heal and occasion use protect and blind.

what advice would you give me? no spoilers of course. im just not happy about how well im not doing on my first playthrough.

Rostum
03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, I've just taken the time to level up, farm items to sell for gil, and get license points. Thankfully those fit in the same category.

I've managed to keep everyone at the same level (level 25), and I'm up to the mines where you find Mjrn (sp?). I also have all augements, most of the magic and a lot of armor (haven't bothered with techniques yet). Also, a Golden Amulet is great, because it gives you double LP gain.

So yeah, unless you really invest the time to treat this like a semi-MMORPG (by going out of your way to level and do all those things), then it might be hard to get through some things.

ValiantKnight
03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I think level 2 black magic was sold in eruyt village by the moggles.

Renmiri
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Don't restrt, you have tons of gameplay ahead of you, plenty of time to change strategies :D

Level up at Paramina Rift and do the Vorpal Bunny hunt, they both have tons of skeletons dropping $$$ bones so you can get rich and buy all the magick you lack!

And don't underestimate techniques, they cost no MP and are a) ranged b) faster tan magic (as fast as potions) and c) some like Horology affect all enemies in range, like level 3 magick but way sooner in the game.

boys from the dwarf
03-05-2007, 04:40 PM
i realize its not too late to change my ways but i think i'd gain more from restarting. i plan to spend more time on hunts. i'd done the rocktoise and a couple of others but that was about it.

thanks for the help.

Hazzard
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
You know what...Go back to Ozmone Plains, its a real great place to level up around those parts. Just keep wacking down those monsters, and sooner or later you'll have more Lp and be leveling up like cheese!

rubah
03-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Don't restrt, you have tons of gameplay ahead of you, plenty of time to change strategies :D

Level up at Paramina Rift and do the Vorpal Bunny hunt, they both have tons of skeletons dropping $$$ bones so you can get rich and buy all the magick you lack!

And don't underestimate techniques, they cost no MP and are a) ranged b) faster tan magic (as fast as potions) and c) some like Horology affect all enemies in range, like level 3 magick but way sooner in the game.

Vorpal bunny is a good way to get your hiney killed before you realize you don't have cure magic strong enough to fend off those skeletons.

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Vorpal bunny is a good way to get your hiney killed before you realize you don't have cure magic strong enough to fend off those skeletons.

Cure ? Use Phoenix Down or Raise.

Instant kill

Xurts
03-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Gosh no, don't start over. Get a bunch of LP and license all of the magicks that are available to you. It's real easy to change your gameplay strategy in this game. You can do the Hunts any time you want, not much need to start over because you haven't done those. Doing what Omecle said and equipping a Golden Amulet would speed up the process.