PDA

View Full Version : Demon Wall

Setzer Gabianni
03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Doesn't it look kick ass? <3

It's my favourite demon wall of the whole game - it eerie gaze as it killed you off if you didn't defeat it by the time you got to the door was awesome!

:D

I'm fond of IV's Demon Wall, I was just wondering if anyone else thought this was the best designed demon wall to date?

I don't just mean graphically, i cant favour it solely over graphics, i just like how the demon wall idea was imlemented in 12.

Jowy
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
It was a stressful fight, boy howdy. It didn't freak me out as much as FFIV's Demon Wall though. When I was a kid I had a nightmare that the walls were closing in rapidly because of that boss fight. :(

Rostum
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I haven't managed to get the first demon wall (just the easier second one that you can't run away from to progress). But yes, I think it's very awesome looking; I do like the way they implemented it.

Yuriev's ghost
03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
They looked pretty cool, but I have a couple of beefs with them:

1. They are both much easier then the FFIV incarnation. This isn't really that terrible since they are towards the beginning of the game, but the first one is supposed to be an optional boss and on defeat it provides you with a pretty powerful weapon. Kind of annoying that it doesn't take much thought to take down. But then, the first was harder than the FFVII version at least.

2. Putting them both in succession seemed a little unnecessary. They could have at least waited 30 mins or so before they threw the next one at us.

Apart from that, it was nice to see some more classic FF references being incorporated into the game beyond the mandatory Gilgamesh appearance (who tends to show up in every other FF game now days). Still waiting on that 3rd Dark Elf appearance though.

DK
03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I dunno, the FFVII was definitely more a pain in the arse than these ones were (if you were underlevelled, anyway. But then I suppose same could apply here, so meh)

I didn't actually get killed by it though so I didn't see the eerie gaze. :monster:

Bunny
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I remember facing the first one.

"Hahaha, oh god are you kidding me? Quickening Death! *uses Quickening*"
"Oh. Hey. His.. health didn't go down a lot. I'm... Run Awaaaaaaay"

He was fun.

Yuriev's ghost
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
This is why you go to the effort to level the second party: second quickening chain.

rubah
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I tried to fight the first one, and failed pretty hard, but I still had a chance to run away, then it was like 'oh crap there's another?'

by the time I went back to get the weapon, it was pretty useless by then anyways, so whatev

so yeah, I liked it a lot 8)

Bunny
03-05-2007, 01:57 PM
This is why you go to the effort to level the second party: second quickening chain.

No. When I mean it didn't do any damage I mean it didn't move the bar. Maybe an a quarter of an inch. But I don't play that way.

Plus I hated my second party. That is why they are drastically underlevelled. Screw the males.

Yuriev's ghost
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Both the chains I built up managed to take off about 2/5 of his HP each. But then, they were both something like 15-17 hit chains iirc.

Bunny
03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I didn't know what I was doing with Quickenings until halfway through the game. I barely use them anyway. I'm all for smashy and slashy deaths.

Renmiri
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I didn't know what I was doing with Quickenings until halfway through the game. I barely use them anyway. I'm all for smashy and slashy deaths.

Me too. My experience with the first Demon Wall was exactly the same also. Uncanny! :p

I love most of the monsters in this game, they rock. :love:

But Chimeras looking like chicken ?

rubah
03-05-2007, 10:03 PM
They were birdshaped in ff2, best as I can recall.

Sergeant Hartman
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
A demon wall that could move, impressive.

vorpal blade
03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Demon Walls make me tremble in fear...
FFIV: Don't remember fighting it, but I'm sure it was hard

FFVII: Beat it with Cait Sith's EndGame limit (instant death!) then accidentally pulled out the power cord before I saved T_T

FFXII: First one is pure evil, and required me to get a second quickening just to stand a chance, and it still took forever to beat. That sword you get after is pretty decent though.
The second one's a pushover. Seriously.

Rostum
03-05-2007, 11:54 PM
But Chimeras looking like chicken ?

Yeah kind of weird. In FFXI, cocktrice look like turkeys though!

cass0723
03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Interesting read guys and maybe gals but how the hell did you beat it?

The cass would like details as i am at this stage of the game now and in order for me to progress i got to beat em, i've tried but got anialated so to speak, do i cast and magicks on it? ive tried gung ho but that never worked.

My characters are mainly in the 15-17 level.

All help is welcome :-)

Thanks in advance.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
i tried the optional demon wall the first time i went into raithwalls tomb, and got my arse shown to me :D but i beat the mandatory one.

and yeh it does look sweet!

Yuriev's ghost
03-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Interesting read guys and maybe gals but how the hell did you beat it?

The cass would like details as i am at this stage of the game now and in order for me to progress i got to beat em, i've tried but got anialated so to speak, do i cast and magicks on it? ive tried gung ho but that never worked.

My characters are mainly in the 15-17 level.

All help is welcome :-)

Thanks in advance.
For the first one, learn level 1 quickenings for all characters. Start a quickening chain with your first party, then once its over change parties and start another one with the second. After that, it should take too many more hits to take it down.

The second one is significantly easier. You probably won't need much more than one quickening chain to own it.

Reles
03-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Tried it and failed. Then someone told me that it was optional so I ran like a pansy. I'll probably go back there eventually and beat it.

Hazzard
03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
If your struggling with the first one, my best advice is to level to 20 and then challenge it. I didn't use quickenings dem times, because i didn't know how to use them.

Remedy
03-10-2007, 07:26 AM
scary part of the game - and yes the idea is GR8