PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia...

Wolf Kanno
03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Soooo.... it's like 4am where I am now. This is the twelfth day in a row that I've been up since almost 4 or 5am. So what do you do to get to sleep? Count sheep? Drugs? sex? warm milk? or make a sacrifice to some nameless god in hopes of getting Mr. Sandman's ass over to your joint?

I'm a night person by nature but this is ridiculous.:mog:

Resha
03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
I know what you mean. Late nights and all-nighters during the hols aren't so bad, but on school nights it leaves me feeling wrecked and miserable. And so I coffee-time, and I coffee overmuch. I tried sleeping pills and stuff but eh, not good on a regular basis so now I pretty much just let myself get hammered.

blackmage_nuke
03-05-2007, 11:33 AM
I hear alot about those microsleeps people get while driving that cause them to get into accidents, so I just pretend im driving on a long road.

TV is so educational :D

-

Jowy
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
imho:

http://www.davidkrueger.net/art/text/images/medium/nq_md.jpg

GF_Diablos
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I have sleeping trouble too, to be honest it got quite a lot better when I started doing more and more exercise, it tires you out so you need the sleep.
I find having a drink and someone to snuggle up to helps but you can't beat being kick ass tired. Don't take pills, I got hooked on them for a short time, it's a good job my friends took them off me when they did.

Bunny
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
I use a wooden mallet.

Shlup
03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Sex and comic books.

theundeadhero
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Sleep with a girl in a Wonder Woman outfit.

~*~Celes~*~
03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Play Monopoly for NES :)

Griff
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Breathe into my pillow until I pass out.

Araciel
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
read a chapter or two in bed...puts me out everytime.

yanis
03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know what to do either!!!
I'm awake all night and all day I'm like zombie!!!:(

Venom
03-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Why sleep if you cant? I kinda have grown pretty used to having insomnia.

Old Manus
03-06-2007, 11:47 PM
I use a wooden mallet.You get a bad headache in the morning/2 days later/A&E though.

oddler
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Why sleep if you cant? I kinda have grown pretty used to having insomnia.

Yes. Embrace the gift, I say.

Rocket Edge
03-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Read a couple of chapters from a book, and you'll be out like a light.

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Sleep with a girl in a Wonder Woman outfit.

Do I have to be wearing the outfit or her?;)

Thanks for the tips, as for those who say I should relish it... I would if I didn't have to work in the day and be somewhat intelligible. It's actually starting to affect my health a bit as well. I had a customer ask me the other day if I was doing okay cause I looked like I was about to pass out. I felt fine at the time but it seems it's starting to show.

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I would love to say sex, but that never wears me out. One of the great flaws of my being.

I think the best way to fall asleep is to read a severely boring book with a soft red light on, and maybe a fan or a humidifier going. Even if the book isn't boring, at least make it so you don't understand a lot of it.

Like, say, The Handmaid's Tale or even The Wheel of Time series.

Ki Ki
03-07-2007, 12:51 AM
When I am awake, I eat everything in sight.

Levian
03-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Where's a Grat when you need one, eh?

Leen-Leen
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Watch TV while drinking warm milk. Or, taking a warm bath. And thennn reading lots of books or magazines until I finally just get so bored, I fall asleep.

Leeza
03-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Usually I don't do anything for insomnia, but when I really need some sleep I take a 50 mg tablet of Gravol. It works great. :cat:

escobert
03-07-2007, 01:49 AM
drugs option.

theundeadhero
03-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Do I have to be wearing the [Wonder Woman] outfit or her?Take turns.

Fatal Impurity
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
I had insomnia for like 3 years regularly and had it for like 3 years before that on and off. Im pretty much over it now (except for here and there when i still get it like tonight for example) but in those long hard years i never found a "cure" or anything that really helped me to get to sleep (except for baths but the wierd thing is i would start to fall asleep in the bath but when i got out i would be wide awake!) so unfortunatly your stuck with it. I just hope you cant find something that can konk you out eventhough i never could. :(

Yuffie514
03-07-2007, 08:48 AM
go on the internet, then to bed and write some things or watch tv for the last few moments before falling asleep. i don't know if it's insomnia or because my zodiac sign's ruling hours are very, very late.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
what do you I to get to sleep? I make sure I make use of the hours which proceed it (i.e. going to school, college, work and working hard)

Wolf Kanno
03-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I would love to say sex, but that never wears me out. One of the great flaws of my being.

I think the best way to fall asleep is to read a severely boring book with a soft red light on, and maybe a fan or a humidifier going. Even if the book isn't boring, at least make it so you don't understand a lot of it.

Like, say, The Handmaid's Tale or even The Wheel of Time series.

I don't know how to even respond to this without you absolutly hating me... Do you like Wonder Woman?;)

Seriously though, I hate reading fiction though I guess I could pull out some of my old psychology books or Biology books and get a similiar affect.

Where's a Grat when you need one, eh?

Damn straight...

drugs option.

I hate to admit this, but I really hate medicine and doctors and refuse to deal with either of them if I don't have to.

Do I have to be wearing the [Wonder Woman] outfit or her?Take turns.

KINKY! Time to show off my inner transvestite...

I had insomnia for like 3 years regularly and had it for like 3 years before that on and off. Im pretty much over it now (except for here and there when i still get it like tonight for example) but in those long hard years i never found a "cure" or anything that really helped me to get to sleep (except for baths but the wierd thing is i would start to fall asleep in the bath but when i got out i would be wide awake!) so unfortunatly your stuck with it. I just hope you cant find something that can konk you out eventhough i never could. :(

I'm the same way, I've always been more of a night person anyway but it's starting to affect my job and health so I should try to at least get back to having at least 6 hours of sleep. I've has insomnia off and on for years.

go on the internet, then to bed and write some things or watch tv for the last few moments before falling asleep. i don't know if it's insomnia or because my zodiac sign's ruling hours are very, very late.

Internet tends to keep me alert as does writing. TV holds little interest to me so I prefer music. I'm not sure what my signs ruling hours are (I should with the amount of astrology books I own:rolleyes2 ) but I am a Scorpio so chances are it's probably late at night or the evening. I tend to be more creative at night, so I do most of my writing then.

what do you I to get to sleep? I make sure I make use of the hours which proceed it (i.e. going to school, college, work and working hard)

I usually do but I only have work to deal with now and I've lost contact with or have a conflicting schedule with family and friends. I use to take walks in the middle of the night. I would wonder through my neighborhood and sometimes go into the city.

Usually I don't do anything for insomnia, but when I really need some sleep I take a 50 mg tablet of Gravol. It works great. :cat:

I don't do drugs unfortunately...

When I am awake, I eat everything in sight.

I do too:)

Watch TV while drinking warm milk. Or, taking a warm bath. And thennn reading lots of books or magazines until I finally just get so bored, I fall asleep.

Warm milk never seems to affect me and I have a hard time getting board cause I've sorta've hardwired myself to find amusement in simple things when I get desperate:laughing:

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jess
03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I just lay down and close my eyes. :jess:

Erdrick Holmes
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I wish I could help you but for about three years I haven't had a night of sleep that wasn't enduced by over the counter medicine, perscriptions, or alcohol. Try knocking back a few.

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't help you on this one. I've had insomnia my whole life, so I'm just kinda use to not sleeping. Went 48 hours no sleep, felt just fine. I found my limit is running 2 months on generally 2 hours a night, 4 or 5 nights no sleep at all, and a couple nights at 4 hours. And this was in Boot Camp.

kikimm
03-09-2007, 03:13 AM
If I can't sleep, it's usually because I'm giggly over something, or many somethings. So I listen to music to calm me down.

And it helps calm me down, most of the time, but it doesn't help me get to sleep. So I don't know why I do it. Well, I guess it passes the time. If it was during the summer, and it was really bad, I'd probably start reading.

Diango12
03-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Thats impossible cats like me can't go without a second of sleep. The solution is simple make yourself yawn a couple of times works every time. And if it helps get other people to help you yawn by starting a yawn session.

My second suggestion is to take a hot shower then get out of the bathroom and feel the cold, now don't you just want to snuggle somewhere soft and warm.

:moomba:

Wolf Kanno
03-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I just lay down and close my eyes. :jess:

Doesn't work for me I'm afraid... I think too much so I'll just end up mulling over something... or start day dreaming...

I wish I could help you but for about three years I haven't had a night of sleep that wasn't enduced by over the counter medicine, perscriptions, or alcohol. Try knocking back a few.

Wolf Likes this advice, especially since alcohol is one of the few things that actually relaxes me. Maybe I should go bar hopping... Care to join?;)

If I can't sleep, it's usually because I'm giggly over something, or many somethings. So I listen to music to calm me down.

And it helps calm me down, most of the time, but it doesn't help me get to sleep. So I don't know why I do it. Well, I guess it passes the time. If it was during the summer, and it was really bad, I'd probably start reading.

Lately it's not the case. I just feel alert and the mind starts wondering from one topic to another... Calm music doesn't necessarily make me sleepy and I tend to start drowning out music when I think too much.

Thats impossible cats like me can't go without a second of sleep. The solution is simple make yourself yawn a couple of times works every time. And if it helps get other people to help you yawn by starting a yawn session.

My second suggestion is to take a hot shower then get out of the bathroom and feel the cold, now don't you just want to snuggle somewhere soft and warm.

:moomba:

Born the year of the dog I'm afraid, though I'm a cat person by nature:D

I get tired but as soon as Ilie in bed I become wide awake and I just start to toss and turn thinking about whaterver comes to mind.

I can't help you on this one. I've had insomnia my whole life, so I'm just kinda use to not sleeping. Went 48 hours no sleep, felt just fine. I found my limit is running 2 months on generally 2 hours a night, 4 or 5 nights no sleep at all, and a couple nights at 4 hours. And this was in Boot Camp.

Glad I don't have it as bad as you... I go into patterns though, I spend a few weeks getting two hours of sleep, then a few weeks where I constantly sleep for 12 to 14 hours straight. I'm generally a night person but oddly enough I do go through short periods of getting up at 5 or 6 A.M. and being in bed by 10 P.M. sharp.

Riana
03-09-2007, 11:01 AM
I've been having the same problems recently, nothing seems to help. But a weakling that I am I cry myself to sleep mostly. Even if it's a couple of hours sleep.

My problem is that I think and worry too much and I can't clear my head enough to put myself to sleep.

Cruise Control
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
I have sex. It works, since we're both insomniacs and she's across the street. Or, I drink and play Diablo 2 until I pass out.

Peter_20
03-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Sleep with a girl in a Wonder Woman outfit.No way, he'd feel horny all night long. :D

Just relax in bed; don't focus too much on the fact that you "should fall asleep as soon as possible" or anything.

If you don't fall asleep in 45 minutes or so, get up and do something else until you feel tired.

Wolf Kanno
03-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I've been having the same problems recently, nothing seems to help. But a weakling that I am I cry myself to sleep mostly. Even if it's a couple of hours sleep.

My problem is that I think and worry too much and I can't clear my head enough to put myself to sleep.

Sorry to hear we're suffering together.:( Hopefully you'll be able to resolve your problems and get some sleep.

I have sex. It works, since we're both insomniacs and she's across the street. Or, I drink and play Diablo 2 until I pass out.

I don't have any insomniac acquatiences(sp?) nor a girlfriend to get any sex and hookers aren't cost efficient.

Sleep with a girl in a Wonder Woman outfit.No way, he'd feel horny all night long. :D

Just relax in bed; don't focus too much on the fact that you "should fall asleep as soon as possible" or anything.

If you don't fall asleep in 45 minutes or so, get up and do something else until you feel tired.

I'm already horny most of the time:p

I've been trying the other advice and it doesn't work. I tend to just get up and do something.

Jojee
03-10-2007, 10:37 AM
If I can't sleep, I don't sleep. ^^ I stay awake until I'm so tired that I'm falling asleep at the keyboard or whatever, and then I sleep. x3

Mikztsu
03-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Been having some serious troubles sleeping myself lately too.

If I can't get sleep, there's always a reason to it. *_*

CloudDragon
03-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I've always been a night owl, so naturally I decided to get a job where I could get paid to be one. I'm a Night Desk Clerk at my University for the dorms/living quarters and work three shifts in the middle of the night/morning.

In the past week, I've had a 45 hour day with no sleep, and a couple more than 24 hour days.

Cruise Control
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Or, I drink and play Diablo 2 until I pass out.
Then try that. It works well.

abrojtm
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Try to wake up at the same time every day. Do not nap during the day. Do not eat about three hours before bed. Do not drink caffeine to hours before bed. Try not to go to bed until you're tired. Drink a glass of milk or yogurt before bed.
To me, it really helps to have someone to snuggle up with. I love it.

LoveArya
03-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I go out and I run, or read a book, take a bath. sometimes i just stay up, thats the only thing that would really help me, then i would get tired and sleep, even if it was only for a little while.

Timster
03-10-2007, 09:20 PM
running (as LoveArya said) will definitely snooze you up...

but as my own advice goes: read a dictionary, and if that doesn't work...well...i guess some pills could do the trick, if not, they'll probably kill you and you'll sleep the eternal sleep then:p

But seriously: the dictionary! talk about gods strongest sleeping pill... or was that the Bible?...:p

- - - TAURUS - - -
03-11-2007, 03:26 AM
I get high usually, drink occasionally.

Wolf Kanno
03-11-2007, 11:03 AM
If I can't sleep, I don't sleep. ^^ I stay awake until I'm so tired that I'm falling asleep at the keyboard or whatever, and then I sleep. x3

That's basically what I've been doing. Unfortunately, I don't get tired very easy... I average about two hours...

Been having some serious troubles sleeping myself lately too.

If I can't get sleep, there's always a reason to it. *_*

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can discover what is bothering you and return to Dreamland (say hi to Nemo for me;) )

I've always been a night owl, so naturally I decided to get a job where I could get paid to be one. I'm a Night Desk Clerk at my University for the dorms/living quarters and work three shifts in the middle of the night/morning.

In the past week, I've had a 45 hour day with no sleep, and a couple more than 24 hour days.

My dream job was the night shift at a cemetary. You only deal with dead people and drunk teenagers. Of course there are quite a few open graves so obnoxious drunk teenagers wouldn't be too much of a problem...:shifty:

Or, I drink and play Diablo 2 until I pass out.
Then try that. It works well.

I don't have Diablo 2:(

Try to wake up at the same time every day. Do not nap during the day. Do not eat about three hours before bed. Do not drink caffeine to hours before bed. Try not to go to bed until you're tired. Drink a glass of milk or yogurt before bed.
To me, it really helps to have someone to snuggle up with. I love it.

Been doing that as well. Not really helping me unfortunately. I also don't have anyone to snuggle with me... anyone want to snuggle with me so I can get some sleep? I promise I won't steal the sheets:)

I go out and I run, or read a book, take a bath. sometimes i just stay up, thats the only thing that would really help me, then i would get tired and sleep, even if it was only for a little while.

Well the wether has gotten better where I live, so I may be able to finally do this option...

running (as LoveArya said) will definitely snooze you up...

but as my own advice goes: read a dictionary, and if that doesn't work...well...i guess some pills could do the trick, if not, they'll probably kill you and you'll sleep the eternal sleep then:p

But seriously: the dictionary! talk about gods strongest sleeping pill... or was that the Bible?...:p

I don't take pills so I can avoid that accidental (reading instructions is for losers...) "eternal rest"

After going to a private Baptist school for 12 years I don't read the Bible anymore (I know it pretty well actually) I actually find the dictionary interesting (you can tell I just scream "life of the party") I guess I could try to read through Lord of the Rings finally. All of Tolkein's works read like the Bible with it's insanely detailed geneology no one care about.

I get high usually, drink occasionally.

The only drugs I do are caffeine(which I'm off of right now and it's making me very irritable...) alcohol and occasionally I'll have a cigarette on special occasions. But I'm pretty moderate with all of them. I guess I can do some more bar hopping... I'm trying to get Holmes to come with me, do you want to join as well?;)

Diango12
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
One good solution I found today was to chat with Agrias the entire night. Hope it helps XD

Agrias
03-11-2007, 11:25 AM
One good solution I found today was to chat with Agrias the entire night. Hope it helps XD

one good solution i found today was to chat with Diango12 the entire night. Hope it helps XD

41-Inches-Wide
03-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I just drink milk. It contains Tryclop... Tryeclop.. Terylcop...
Anyway, JUST DRINK MILK. :(

NeoCracker
03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I move that all us Insomniacs get together, each bring a loud Boom Box, and walk through the streets playing extremely loud and abnoxious music. If we can't sleep, no ones going to sleep.

Cruise Control
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I move that all us Insomniacs get together, each bring a loud Boom Box, and walk through the streets playing extremely loud and abnoxious music. If we can't sleep, no ones going to sleep.I'm so in!

Iceglow
03-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Since god alone knows when I have been getting on average 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night. Occassionally I sleep for like 12 - 15 hours straight on a day off but rarely. I'm happy with the situation my body is coping mainly due to the experience of having Insomina for years. I can deal with 4 hours deep sleep a night and generally we're talking from the minute my head hits the pillow to the minute I wake up is deeep sleep.

LoveArya
03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I move that all us Insomniacs get together, each bring a loud Boom Box, and walk through the streets playing extremely loud and abnoxious music. If we can't sleep, no ones going to sleep.

lmao it sounds fun, we should do that :p

MikeL Valentine
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Soooo.... it's like 4am where I am now. This is the twelfth day in a row that I've been up since almost 4 or 5am. So what do you do to get to sleep? Count sheep? Drugs? sex? warm milk? or make a sacrifice to some nameless god in hopes of getting Mr. Sandman's ass over to your joint?

I'm a night person by nature but this is ridiculous.:mog:

Sex is a sure way(not always though;) ) but I mainly hear music (soft music) and I feel really nice, it calms me down and my mind stays empty and calm.

yanis
03-12-2007, 12:15 AM
Since god alone knows when I have been getting on average 2 - 4 hours of sleep a night. Occassionally I sleep for like 12 - 15 hours straight on a day off but rarely. I'm happy with the situation my body is coping mainly due to the experience of having Insomina for years. I can deal with 4 hours deep sleep a night and generally we're talking from the minute my head hits the pillow to the minute I wake up is deeep sleep.

Well, Stef, you described my situation!!!:D

Shadow8017
03-12-2007, 04:54 AM

Would I be alone if I were to say I found this arousing ... even if just a little?

tidus_rox
03-12-2007, 05:08 AM
I think the best way to fall asleep is to read a severely boring book Even if the book isn't boring, at least make it so you don't understand a lot of it.
The Wheel of Time series.

I lol'd ^_^__V

Yamaneko
03-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Watching a man wince in agony as I slowly take the life from him through various conventional and unconventional means always makes me sleepy.

Wolf Kanno
03-12-2007, 07:20 AM
I just drink milk. It contains Tryclop... Tryeclop.. Terylcop...
Anyway, JUST DRINK MILK. :(

Try saying that three times fast... that might help:)

I'm game, I have some O-Zone stuff, how about torturing them with Romanian pop at it's finest;)

I'm actually getting better at coping with the lack of sleep. Two to four hours is all I need nowadays.

Sex is a sure way(not always though;) ) but I mainly hear music (soft music) and I feel really nice, it calms me down and my mind stays empty and calm.

I'm afraid calming music doesn't get me sleepy too often, maybe if I can dig up some Enya maybe. As for the other option, I don't have anyone right now:cry:

Would I be alone if I were to say I found this arousing ... even if just a little?

No, I felt the same way... still waiting for an answer on my "Wonder Woman" question...

Watching a man wince in agony as I slowly take the life from him through various conventional and unconventional means always makes me sleepy.

This brings me unending joy:) Unfortunately I'm running out of co-workers and I think management is on to me :shifty:

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Take Valeria root with a small amount of milk (heated with a spot of nutmeg if you prefer) prior to settling into bed.

Also, be sure to train yourself - humans can be made to be creatures of habit rather easily. The key is to wake up at the same time every day - NOTE that this means actually rising out of bed, not simply remaining awake whilst lying in bed.

A routine may not dramatically improve things, but it is a help, if even for the source of habit.

NOTE: Taking substances (whether they be legal or illegal) for the sake of sleep will most likely cause a level of dependency. I've had friends that have been unable to sleep without taking a hit of marijuana due to them almost always smoking it immediately before retiring. Sex or masturbation can easily fall into this category also.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 09:12 AM

I'm afraid calming music doesn't get me sleepy too often, maybe if I can dig up some Enya maybe. As for the other option, I don't have anyone right now:cry:

That's sad.
Well you can always start counting sheep :D
Nah seriously now you can have a warm bath before going to bed, it quite works with me :)

Ko Ko
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Right now, I am up. It is 5:30 am. I look more dead than not, which does not become me, and I look this way because I am exhausted.
I feel like crap.

I read all of Ernest Hemingways's short stories and drank hot peppermint tea, and I am awake.

I need guidance.

Agrias
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Right now, I am up. It is 5:30 am. I look more dead than not, which does not become me, and I look this way because I am exhausted.
I feel like crap.

I read all of Ernest Hemingways's short stories and drank hot peppermint tea, and I am awake.

I need guidance.

well why not try writing, or drawing? arent you into art? draw for a bit...that might help

Cruise Control
03-12-2007, 11:33 AM
What I did, I added ALL my music to my PSP, 4 gigs at a time. And deleted everything that didn't help me to sleep. So, the soothing music is great. Still can't sleep though, but it helps a bit.

Agrias
03-12-2007, 11:57 AM
i say the best cure is to read this. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102949)

Iceglow
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I have no problem with my insomina, I am up 20 out of 24 hours on average, this is fine by me. I can sleep for 4 hours at a time and spend more time doing things I love such as talking to friends :)

Wolf Kanno
03-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Take Valeria root with a small amount of milk (heated with a spot of nutmeg if you prefer) prior to settling into bed.

Also, be sure to train yourself - humans can be made to be creatures of habit rather easily. The key is to wake up at the same time every day - NOTE that this means actually rising out of bed, not simply remaining awake whilst lying in bed.

A routine may not dramatically improve things, but it is a help, if even for the source of habit.

NOTE: Taking substances (whether they be legal or illegal) for the sake of sleep will most likely cause a level of dependency. I've had friends that have been unable to sleep without taking a hit of marijuana due to them almost always smoking it immediately before retiring. Sex or masturbation can easily fall into this category also.

Where the hell do I get Valeria root?

I'm trying to build a better routine but it's not helping much right now...

That's sad.
Nah seriously now you can have a warm bath before going to bed, it quite works with me :)

I tend to fall asleep in the bath and after I wake up by almost drowning, I tend to be wide awake.

I have no problem with my insomina, I am up 20 out of 24 hours on average, this is fine by me. I can sleep for 4 hours at a time and spend more time doing things I love such as talking to friends :)

I like having more time to do things but when you live with people who require 8 hours of sleep or they wake up with a pension for murder, you find you are somewhat limited in your options...

Also Agrias... that was funny and somewhat disturbing. I loved it:love:

Leeza
03-13-2007, 07:27 AM

You can get <a href="http://vitamins.ultimatefatburner.com/valerian-root.html">Valerian Root</a> in any health food store or pretty much any drug store where they sell herbs, etc.

Wolf Kanno
03-13-2007, 08:20 AM

You can get Valerian Root (http://vitamins.ultimatefatburner.com/valerian-root.html) in any health food store or pretty much any drug store where they sell herbs, etc.

Thanks! I wonder if there are 24 hour health food stores around here...

Nominus Experse
03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Wal*Mart, Rosaurs, etc... Any supermarket or drugstore will have them, so chances are, somewhere that is open presently carries them.

NOTE: Its smell is something terrible (akin to that of wet-dog), but its effects are lovely: calming, sleepy for many. It usually comes in small capsules, so you won't have to deal with the taste in your mouth or breath.

yanis
03-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Even if I'm sleepy and tired, when I open my pc I forget everything...maybe you don't have to do the same...;)

look_out_below
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
I know what you most be going through. I have insomia off and on where i just lay in bed and randomn thoughts are just continously going through my head (and somewhere in the background some part of mind is going "What the f--- am i thinking about?). I find that my insomina is usually caused by some sort of other factor like approaching midterms, final due dates, family deaths and so on. Once these things have come and passed i can usually return to a normal sleep pattern within a week or 2.
One other thing that tends to work is turkey, i can not believe no one mentioned this before. Mmmmm turkey.:p. Also having a potato, by itself or with the turkey, tends to help. By potato i mean baked potato and not a side order of fries.
Also try NOT doing any sort of strenous exercise within less then 3 hours before you want to go to bed. Due to the hormones and chemicals released in your body during exercise (things like adrenaline) will more likely cause you to stay awake then go to sleep.

Wolf Kanno
03-14-2007, 06:41 AM
Wal*Mart, Rosaurs, etc... Any supermarket or drugstore will have them, so chances are, somewhere that is open presently carries them.

NOTE: Its smell is something terrible (akin to that of wet-dog), but its effects are lovely: calming, sleepy for many. It usually comes in small capsules, so you won't have to deal with the taste in your mouth or breath.

I'll give it a try, though I have tomorrow off so lack of sleep isn't going to kill me (Time to finish FFVA). I've always been interestied in herbal medicine. Maybe I can read up on it while I'm not getting sleep...

Even if I'm sleepy and tired, when I open my pc I forget everything...maybe you don't have to do the same...;)

I really should dismantle this thing. I'm starting wonder if my insomnia is due to my EoFF addiction...

I know what you most be going through. I have insomia off and on where i just lay in bed and randomn thoughts are just continously going through my head (and somewhere in the background some part of mind is going "What the f--- am i thinking about?). I find that my insomina is usually caused by some sort of other factor like approaching midterms, final due dates, family deaths and so on. Once these things have come and passed i can usually return to a normal sleep pattern within a week or 2.
One other thing that tends to work is turkey, i can not believe no one mentioned this before. Mmmmm turkey.:p. Also having a potato, by itself or with the turkey, tends to help. By potato i mean baked potato and not a side order of fries.
Also try NOT doing any sort of strenous exercise within less then 3 hours before you want to go to bed. Due to the hormones and chemicals released in your body during exercise (things like adrenaline) will more likely cause you to stay awake then go to sleep.

I guess I could try to eat a heavy carb meal a few hours before bed. Thanks for the advice:D

Lately I've been dancing. I throw in one of my music video DVD's and I sart to dance to music at random. I'm still waiting for my dancing to summon Nylarthotep...

theundeadhero
03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
http://www.splashcomics.de/images/portraits/charaktere/whoiswho_wonder_woman3.jpg

Wolf Kanno
03-14-2007, 09:16 AM
http://www.splashcomics.de/images/portraits/charaktere/whoiswho_wonder_woman3.jpg

I could SO pull that off:cool:

Does anyone want to play "Wonder Woman" with me? Preferably woman or guys willing to have a sex change for dear old Wolf :D

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
That's sad.

I tend to fall asleep in the bath and after I wake up by almost drowning, I tend to be wide awake.

Now that I'm thining about it more, FOOD is another way to get sleepy LOTS of food as much as you can stand (not recomented for often use) :D

41-Inches-Wide
03-14-2007, 04:22 PM
OMG NO WAI. YOU WILL HAVE NIGHTMARES AND YOU'LL DIE!!!
I SWEAR.

MikeL Valentine
03-14-2007, 06:27 PM
I SWEAR.

OK CALM DOWN!!
Caps lock is really annoying you know ;)
Anyway, why nightmares? :p

Iceglow
03-14-2007, 08:47 PM
depends on what you eat but several superstitions say that doing stuff like eating cheese before bed means you have nightmares, well if this is true then my last nightmare was an extremely pleasurable experience.

MikeL Valentine
03-15-2007, 12:18 AM
depends on what you eat but several superstitions say that doing stuff like eating cheese before bed means you have nightmares, well if this is true then my last nightmare was an extremely pleasurable experience.

Extremely pleasurable experience?
I think I know what you mean :p

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2007, 09:25 AM
That's sad.

Now that I'm thining about it more, FOOD is another way to get sleepy LOTS of food as much as you can stand (not recomented for often use) :D

Sounds good, I've got some instant ramen that needs to be taken out... :shifty:

I SWEAR.

Seriously?

I SWEAR.

OK CALM DOWN!!

Shouldn't be a big deal. I rarely dream and when I do they tend to be pretty distubing anyway...

Extremely pleasurable experience?
I think I know what you mean :p

I could really use a pleasurable experience right now:cry:

MikeL Valentine
03-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I SWEAR.

OK CALM DOWN!!

Shouldn't be a big deal. I rarely dream and when I do they tend to be pretty distubing anyway...

You rarely dream? :eek:
I am dreaming all of the time no matter what time it is and believe it or not my dreams have mainly to do with Final Fantasy (really) :D

Heeeey why the long faces man?
Cheer up! I myself have to sleep with a woman for two weeks now :p
Don't give so much weight to sex man ;)

Wolf Kanno
03-16-2007, 05:25 AM
I SWEAR.

OK CALM DOWN!!

You rarely dream? :eek:
I am dreaming all of the time no matter what time it is and believe it or not my dreams have mainly to do with Final Fantasy (really) :D

I daydream quite a bit, I just don't dream when I actually go to sleep.

It's less about carnal desire and more about companionship. Nothing makes me happier and eases my mind faster than holding a woman I love.

MikeL Valentine
03-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I daydream quite a bit, I just don't dream when I actually go to sleep.

I'm dreaming at both my sleep and my awake, I like dreaming a lot and believe it or not I can somehow......."control" my dreams, everyone can do that I'm sure :)

It's less about carnal desire and more about companionship. Nothing makes me happier and eases my mind faster than holding a woman I love.

Yeah I know what you mean and I totally understand you :(

Wolf Kanno
03-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm dreaming at both my sleep and my awake, I like dreaming a lot and believe it or not I can somehow......."control" my dreams, everyone can do that I'm sure :)

I've heard of that (never done it though) I can't remember what it's called.

Believe me though, after you have a few of my dreams you would find solice in knowing you don't dream often.

Yeah I know what you mean and I totally understand you :(

Sorry to hear that. Guess I'm not the only one who's been lonely lately in the romance department.

MikeL Valentine
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear that. Guess I'm not the only one who's been lonely lately in the romance department.

Well I never had a relationship so I guess it's quite easy for me to bear.
It's not easy to live happily if you don't trust others and that's my problem, fortunately I don't miss the "carnal part", but still.... :(

Nominus Experse
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Lucid dream are what they are called

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Lucid dream are what they are called

Exacly that's what they are called I didn't know the english name, thanks.
Here some info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream) about it, it's an incredible experience I love it :D

So I am an ονειροναύτης (Dream sailor), cool :D

yanis
03-19-2007, 03:57 AM
I didn'n know there such thing as ονειροναύτης! It happens to me sometimes, but when I realize that I want to wake up! So I just jump from something high!!!:bgl:

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I didn'n know there such thing as ονειροναύτης! It happens to me sometimes, but when I realize that I want to wake up! So I just jump from something high!!!:bgl:

No that's something defferent.
What I do is dreaming whenever I want and I can also have the control of all my dreams, I can make a nightmare look like a sweet dream ;)
I was surprised too it was the first time I heard that word :p
I knew that there was a name to this phenomenon but I wasn't sure :D
I didn't know it was something special, I thought that everyone does it.

Timster
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
isn't that called lucid dreaming (the dream sailor thingy above)?

MikeL Valentine
03-19-2007, 08:14 PM

Yup
Take a look three or four posts back ;)

Timster
03-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Yup
Take a look three or four posts back ;)

oooh i missed that :p...

yanis
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM

No that's something defferent.
What I do is dreaming whenever I want and I can also have the control of all my dreams, I can make a nightmare look like a sweet dream ;)
I was surprised too it was the first time I heard that word :p
I knew that there was a name to this phenomenon but I wasn't sure :D
I didn't know it was something special, I thought that everyone does it.

Actually this happens to me really often, I just didn't realize I could control my dreams! I thought there's no point continuing dreaming...next time I'll try not to wake up...:D

Iceglow
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I can tell when I am dreaming as my jumps are the kind of slow-motion and feel really much higher and longer than they actually are...this includes a 3 foot jump.

PyroManiak
03-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I can tell when I am dreaming as my jumps are the kind of slow-motion and feel really much higher and longer than they actually are...this includes a 3 foot jump.

whenever I am in a dream I usually can't move at all...and I like run and run and don't get where Im running to ever///not even 5ft away