PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with le final boss - IVA

Setzer Gabianni
03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
So my final team is this:

Kain Lv 63, 4405HP, and he has the Holy Lance
Rydia Lv 57, 2089HP, and she has the Fire Whip
Yang Lv 61, 6202HP, and he has on R.Hand Hand of the Gods, and on his L.Hand he has Cat Claw
Rosa Lv 60, 3211HP, and she has Rune Staff
Cecil Lv 62, 4645HP, with Excalibur, and he wears a whole bunch of Crystal gear.

I keep losing to the horrible Big Bang attack - I'm sure if I navigate a way round it, I'll be alright.

Give me help plz.

Jowy
03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Go get Ragnarok for Cecil, since that'll be doing more damage. There's a hidden pathway where you have to fight the Wyvern for it. Same premise as the Bahamut boss battle except he's a lot more aggressive. As for Zeromus, Rosa should be spamming Curaja constantly, make Kain jump over and over, have Yang just wail on it with regular attacks, Rydia should be using Bahamut, and Cecil just attacking constantly. As long as your max HP is over 1200 throughout the whole fight, it shouldn't be a problem.

Setzer Gabianni
03-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh, hidden? Whereabouts is this hidden cavern then? If you can tell me what floor it is on, please let me know, then I can go off and search for Ragnarok on my own :D

Jowy
03-05-2007, 02:18 PM
The exact spot is impossible to describe by floor xD

You know the one part in where you see two flights of stairs side-by-side though? That's where the hidden passage is.

Cruise Control
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
More accurately, its the floor with the save point and the ribbons.

Evastio
03-06-2007, 11:52 PM
The secret passage is in the room with the 2 treasure chests between a long vertical staircase. Go down the staircase and to the left. You should see a peninsula to the left with no way of accessing it. By walking across the black area to the right of the peninsula you should be able to get to the Ragnarok from there.

Also you want to be casting Curaja with Rosa every round when you're facing Zeromus.

Momiji
03-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Also you want to be casting Curaja with Rosa every round when you're facing Zeromus.

You can cast Holy too if you feel daring. It does decent damage as well.

Zeromus_X
03-07-2007, 04:36 AM
It's been awhile since I wrote this, but maybe this'll help?

Exit, and instead of continuing on, go back to the sixth basement. Go to that left set of stairs, and go down, to that chest that contained a Cabin. See the ledge to your left? You can actually walk across an invisible bridge here. Go two steps up above the chest, and five steps left to walk over it. Go to the left, and walk along the ledge. You should notice a long set of stairs off to the left that you can’t reach from here. See this wall here, at the center of this platform? You should notice the false wall on the upper left part of it. Go right through it, and down to go down an invisible set of stairs. You’ll warp down to the lower part of the sixth basement. From these stairs, go down, and open a nearby chest for an Au Apple (Golden Apple). Then go right, and go across a land bridge and follow it to the right. You should find a teleport pad here. Stand on it, and you’ll warp to that set of stairs off to the right you couldn’t reach before. Go up the stairs, and stand on another pad. You’ll be in the fifth basement, in another off-set of stairs. Go up them, and you should find a treasure chest on a platform. It’s another monster-in-a-box, with a Behemoth. You’ll get another Protect (Protect Ring) for winning. Head up again, from this platform, up another set of stairs, and step on the teleport pad there.

You’ll be transported to a room with a Save Point. PLEASE REST AND SAVE HERE. After you do that, go down and exit this chamber. You’ll be on the ledge to the right of the stairs in the fifth basement you passed by before.

I don't recommend Holy. While the damage is very impressive, Zeromus counters with Tornado which'll bring your HP to single-digits, not good after Big Bang when your HP is gradually decreasing...

Slothy
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Good advice from everyone. Really, you're a high enough level so as long as Rosa constantly heals while everyone else focuses on causing as much damage as possible as fast as possible you should make it. Don't be afraid to have the others heal if necessary since you can't beat him if you're dead.

Setzer Gabianni
03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm fighting Dark Bahamut right now for the sword, and the sod used Mega Flare on me right at the beginning of battle.

w00t, I defeated it. Cecils attack is now 238. I am happy.