PDA

View Full Version : Nechrol of the Nabudis / Nabudis Deadlands

crazybayman
03-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm at the point in the game right after the trip to Archades, and I'm about to head back to the Feywood, and on to Giruvegan. However, instead of proceeding, I've decided to go for the Rank VI marks, and 3 of them (so far) are in the Nechrol of the Nabudis and Nabudis Deadlands.

Aside from these marks, there it doesn't seem necessary (at least from a main storyline point of view) to venture into these areas. In fact, when you enter the Deadlands there's the scene with Basch, where he simply says in his own way "we shouldn't venture any farther, the enemies are tough".

Are these areas necessary for the storyline? Or are they purely optional? Either way, I intend on exploring them, I'm just curious.....

ValiantKnight
03-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Nabudis is the grave site of a city destroyed a few years ago.

It is... not needed for the story to my knowledge.... However it does hold some marks and as with old haunted places... there might some... nice things there.

McLovin'
03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Its hard. Be prepared.

Bunny
03-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Isn't Nabudis mentioned a few times in the story? It isn't necessarily important, but it is a fun and neat place. Very good looking.

ValiantKnight
03-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Reddas, as a Judge was ordered to go to Nabudis to take their shard of the large crystal thing on Pharos that the Dynast king cut loose so long ago. They got the shard and played with it I am assuming like Ghis does with the shard from the Tomb. Much like Ghis, they blew up the town there at nabudis or otherwise basically destroyed/cursed it. Reddas left the Empire then and went to Balfonheim. This was 2-3 years before the game starts you off. A little before the invasion into Dalmasca and the events at Nalbina. Reddas feels responsible for the trajedy there and mentions it many times during your interactions with him.

Major plot spoilers. That was my take from the story.. but I could have forgotten parts or not been paying attention.

rubah
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
If you're about to go to the feywood, they won't be too much harder, you should have blizzaga, which is a help, and curaja (another help). If you go there before the phon coast, you're looking to get slaughtered 8)

crazybayman
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, the enemies there are the hardest I've seen yet. And its not a bad way to level, with those double exp accessories equiped.

Yeah, good thing I went on to the Phon Coast during my first pass through the Salikawood :p

I figured it wasn't necessary for the storyline.

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 03:30 AM
There is a shop hidden on the Necrohol that sells Ethers. The trick is to go, buy stuff and get out w/o getting killed. Lather the shop will sell Telekinesis and the second best armor in the game Maximilian

Northcrest
03-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Where is the secret merchant anyway I just came here for the merchant because he sales some of the best stuff in the game.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 01:07 AM
He's in a room at the end of a hallway leading to just that room and a dead end in Hall of Effulgent Light (farthest south area of Necrohol) .

However hes not listed on your map with a mechant key and he doesnt appear to be in the room, you have to look around the edges of the room and in one corner you will find a "!" sign, he pops out when you click it .

He really does have some cool stuff, especially towards the end of the game when Sky Fortress Bahamut appears, such as the magic Scathe .

That was a lot of spoilers, but best to be safe :P

Renmiri
03-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Here is the merchant's room (where the cursor is)
http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Necrohol.gif

Icerose2300
03-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Also, just so everyone knows I was in Nabudis yesterday, and encountered a Nightmare, you know the teleporting horses with medusa heads, It had 99999 hit points, Well needless to say I didn't make it out alive, I tried to flee and it followed even through to the next room. I was within feet from the door outta there and it killed me. So unless you have over 6500 hp, I would suggest not going to far in, because that nightmare was in one of the last rooms, in there.

Shiva_
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Also, just so everyone knows I was in Nabudis yesterday, and encountered a Nightmare, you know the teleporting horses with medusa heads, It had 99999 hit points, Well needless to say I didn't make it out alive, I tried to flee and it followed even through to the next room. I was within feet from the door outta there and it killed me. So unless you have over 6500 hp, I would suggest not going to far in, because that nightmare was in one of the last rooms, in there.

I remember that when I went there for a hunt. I was hesitant on fighting it for first time and wanted to retreat, but it followed me into the next room (I thought that foes couldn't do that but this one apparently could). I almost died but luckily got to the exit.

To meet the conditions to get that rare horse to appear, you have to have killed 6 oversouls there. So for anyone who doesn't want to have to deal with that horse, make sure you don't kill 6 oversouls although they themselves can be a nuisance due to their fearga resulting in depleting your mana.

Yeah, the enemies there are the hardest I've seen yet. And its not a bad way to level, with those double exp accessories equiped.

Yeah, good thing I went on to the Phon Coast during my first pass through the Salikawood :p

I figured it wasn't necessary for the storyline.

Some people go through there pretty early in the game at low levels to pick up the zodiac spear early. However, they are expecting to go through there getting 1-2 hit killed, so they have to flee in a certain fashion. Commonly, it's done by unequipping weapons & shields from everyone, and having ONLY one ally active at a time (w/ libra on) & fleeing with him/her. This gives 6-7 cumulative hits before Game Over. Then everytime you enter a new section, you full heal everybody. Some recommend shell'ing & protect'ing everybody as well along with the use of libra (for the traps), but this often still doesn't really help because the monsters there, at your level then, still hit for enough damage to 1-2 hit KO your guys.

Really, though, the run through the place to obtain the spear early isn't that hard compared to that darn boss you have to beat in order to even get access to it.

Wait until you venture through the 2nd part of the Henne Mines, though. Imo, it makes the enemies at necrohol play toys in comparison.

Cuchulainn
03-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm at 55 and it was a pinch to me.

If you want the best equipment in the game, the Zodiac Spear, the Necrol is a must.

Renmiri
03-30-2007, 02:29 AM
That purple horse with 99,999 HP is the rare game Helvinek