PDA

View Full Version : 59.9

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 01:47 AM
getting 59.9's for term grades should be 100% illegal.

CloudDragon
03-06-2007, 01:49 AM
Whatever happened to rounding up?

Tavrobel
03-06-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm so sorry that your teacher doesn't round your grade up and give you a dishonest grade.

Shiny
03-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Rounding a number that close to 60 is by far the only way to go.

Shlup
03-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Maybe if you did a decent amount of work and gave yourself more cushion it wouldn't be a problem.

CloudDragon
03-06-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm so sorry that your teacher doesn't round your grade up and give you a dishonest grade.

Seriously though, .1 off? Give the man a break.

loben
03-06-2007, 01:58 AM
any decent teacher would have given you a break IF YOU DID ALL YOUR WORK.

Tavrobel
03-06-2007, 02:01 AM

Seriously though, .1 off? Give the man a break.

Pssht, no.

Maybe .01 off. He should try doing some more work.

Jowy
03-06-2007, 02:02 AM
I passed Theatre 100 with a 65.1% :monster:

WOO OVER THE MARGIN!

Shiny
03-06-2007, 02:03 AM
You could try asking the teacher for extra credit.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-06-2007, 02:08 AM
That is evil to do, but I can see the point of not passing you if you did not do the work. Still, if you did the work and showed an effort, that is just a cruel way of failing someone.

rubah
03-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Fail.

yanis
03-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Your grade's cool. Once I've got 49,98!!!:(

Fonzie
03-06-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm an A-B Student. I could be an all A student, but I'm very lazy. Also, it seems as though the grading system just pwned you.

loben
03-06-2007, 03:30 AM
I'm an A-B Student. I could be an all A student, but I'm very lazy. Also, it seems as though the grading system just pwned you.

yah me too. wow, we don't show pity here. especially to stupidity...

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 03:32 AM
I don't really even care and I don't stress these kind of things but wtf...one point lol...he even rubbed it in and kept telling me to look at the numerical value and I ended up yelling yeh i fuking know u failed me by .1 you dont have to rub it it..

no I didn't do my work but still..whats the differnece..my school isnt very "flexible" once grades in...its unchangeable..so no extra credit...teachers cant boost grades so if i did my work wuldnt matter/ its not relly his fault but...culdnt he have just told me i got an F i dont want to know i missed it by .1 ...and he didnt have to smirk..I shulda punched that smirky bastrd in the face..wulda felt good

ADDDED: and fonzy A-B while bieng very lazy is what I used to do until I got sent to an exam school by my retarded parents...I wish I was as smart as I am today so I could have failed on purpose...jeez ima dumb :skull::skull::skull::skull:
and the class I failed was geometry honors..and yet im still gonna remain in honors...wtf?

Fatal Impurity
03-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Yep would of felt good all the way down the hall's to the courts...

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Yep would of felt good all the way down the hall's to the courts...

lol I kinda wulda felt bad for him cuz all the bad stuff happens to him...maybe why I didnt strike him...pity

once me and my friends put a condom on his classroom doorknob lmfao

ADDED:well anywayz from now on out I have 2 new ideas to think off...

1)first idea that came to mind was to not care cuz BS like this can happen
2) then I thought maybe I shuld try harder cuz everything makes a differencee

I'm definetely gonna go with the first cuz the worse feeling in my life is when i do something for nothing..so why do stuff I dont care bout...causes breast cancer and deep life boredom syndrome..bad for my health>:

Fonzie
03-06-2007, 03:56 AM
I suggest taking the time to study. I understand that geometry is hard(hell Honors is harder), but if you want to pass you'll have to put some time into your school work.

Fatal Impurity
03-06-2007, 03:57 AM
lol breast cancer! OMG! its been 22.3 years...BREAST CANCER HAS BECOME FUNNY! :O

Seriously though if you keep those two rules in your mind and dont wander and get lazy (like ido ALL the time) then you should be fine. ;)

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 03:58 AM
I suggest taking the time to study. I understand that geometry is hard(hell Honors is harder), but if you want to pass you'll have to put some time into your school work.

what if I dont want to be in honors...or geometry let alone an exam school, but thats where I ended up and I have no idea how the system works and I change that...I have a question...do you put time into your school work?

ADDED: and I gotta admit geometry is pretty easy the only problem is you have to write long, stupid, boring proofs over and over for tests and homework and Im not up for that

loben
03-06-2007, 04:06 AM
meh, pass enough classes to get through highschool, just at least your not screwed out of graduation.... cuz nobody wants to spend another year in highschool.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 04:12 AM
meh, pass enough classes to get through highschool, just at least your not screwed out of graduation.... cuz nobody wants to spend another year in highschool.

exactly...but my prob is how am i gonna "just get through classes" if the retarded school put me in the hardest classes possible for my age...and to add to that retarded 59.9 grades wtf!

blackmage_nuke
03-06-2007, 05:05 AM
It depends, if its like an average of a bunch of sections or a sum of a bunch of sections then whats fair is fair. But if it was marked as a whole and your teacher just decided to give you 59.9 thats a little creepy.

I once got 99% in a written music exam because I put a dot on the wrong line! I missed out on 100% because of a dot. Thats just infuriating

Nominus Experse
03-06-2007, 05:13 AM
A mistake is a fault; thus, it would be wrong to give someone 100%.

The school system is far too easy as it is, so it seems strange that one would complain. Was I an "A" student through and through? Fuck no, I didn't do :skull::skull::skull::skull: in the classes that didn't interest me. But for the classes that I paid half a thought to, I achieved A's rather easily.

Achieving 60% is simple, and honestly, I am amazed that you would complain about it knowing that you didn't place any effort in the class.

You reap what you sow.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 04:32 PM
A mistake is a fault; thus, it would be wrong to give someone 100%.

The school system is far too easy as it is, so it seems strange that one would complain. Was I an "A" student through and through? smurf no, I didn't do :skull::skull::skull::skull: in the classes that didn't interest me. But for the classes that I paid half a thought to, I achieved A's rather easily.

Achieving 60% is simple, and honestly, I am amazed that you would complain about it knowing that you didn't place any effort in the class.

You reap what you sow.

so if you didnt really matter about classes that much but you did some homeworks and for the most part payed attention in class....you wouldnt be pissed if you got a 59.9? ...also anwser this ...if you got a 59.9 in every single subject would u still believe that you don't have the right to complain/?

ADDED: and the school system may be far too easy for you but it isn't for me cuz I'm stuck with the hardest possible classest while I should be in the lowest next to sped class...since wen did i f'kin tell some1 I wanted to be in honors...I even told it to my guidance councelor
and nuke ur teachers a golden didldo lol...wtf one dot

Nominus Experse
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
If I had achieved nothing but 59.9 percent, I would be pissed; however, I would grow up and realize it wasn't the school system that was beating my ass, it was me. I earned only a 59.9, so I ought never see anything higher than that.

And you ought to have taken more action if you didn't wish to be placed in classes you knew you couldn't handle. I know you talked to your guidance counselor, but there are more people on staff than just your guidance counselor that can hep direct your academic life. It also depends on when you tell them. After a certain point, you simply cannot switch out of a class, regardless of the circumstances.

As a final note, Honours classes were never that advanced, or at least, never what they were made out to be. Their difficulty seems to only be gaged on the subtle increase in work load and the broader subjects of questions and the like. Truly, the Honours classes don't require a giant leap in IQ; just a half-way decent work ethic.

Quindiana Jones
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm Captain A*-B so you can all bite my bumflaps.

starseeker
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
It's in the past, stop moaning.
I get decent grades, despite the fact my work ethic only stretches to doing the set work.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
If I had achieved nothing but 59.9 percent, I would be pissed; however, I would grow up and realize it wasn't the school system that was beating my ass, it was me. I earned only a 59.9, so I ought never see anything higher than that.

And you ought to have taken more action if you didn't wish to be placed in classes you knew you couldn't handle. I know you talked to your guidance counselor, but there are more people on staff than just your guidance counselor that can hep direct your academic life. It also depends on when you tell them. After a certain point, you simply cannot switch out of a class, regardless of the circumstances.

As a final note, Honours classes were never that advanced, or at least, never what they were made out to be. Their difficulty seems to only be gaged on the subtle increase in work load and the broader subjects of questions and the like. Truly, the Honours classes don't require a giant leap in IQ; just a half-way decent work ethic.

thats exactly why I don't want to be in honors..they giv too much fkin work and im sorry i didn't make it any clearer that I don't want to be in honors cuz of the work...and no offense but I think your opinion on recieving a 59.9 is stupid...how the f can someone deserve a 59.9..ur all going to hell for thinking thats just..the new devils number shuld be 59.9...so ya know what...f u..and f ur dam 59.9...why dont u go marry 59.9 u tardy turd nugget w/ breast cancer

Bunny
03-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I failed my first three years of high school because I liked to read instead of pay attention to lessons and take tests. I also liked to sleep. My senior year, I decided to turn around and actually work. Straight A's easily. School isn't hard.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I failed my first three years of high school because I liked to read instead of pay attention to lessons and take tests. I also liked to sleep. My senior year, I decided to turn around and actually work. Straight A's easily. School isn't hard.

ill do what you did once I get sent to the school/classes I want(turn around 389degrees and actually do schoolwork)...I hope they were good books lol...u remind me of this loner kid in my class..all he does is read books/sleep/smoke weed

Bunny
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Minus the weed bit, you've hit the nail on the head.

360*?

The thing that pushed me more than anything is that I dropped out of public high school and started attending a private school, which I was paying for out of my own pocket. I figured I may as well start doing stuff if I am going to pay for it. Plus, it wasn't that difficult. 2 days of school a week, hour and a half each day, 10 classes? Easy. I had three teachers for those classes and it was one-on-one, which was what I loved. I hate the classroom setup. The teachers were nice, too. For two of the classes, History and Science, all we did was make jokes and talk about history and mythology.

Ko Ko
03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't care if it's rounded or not, you need to study more.

Old Manus
03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
getting 59.9's for term grades should be 100% illegal.That would be awesome

Zeldy
03-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Is 59.9 bad?
I don't get the american system at all.

Im currently on target for all my subjects, and Im above target for Sociology somehow. My target is aBc for my GCSEs (This means I'll probably get B's but if I really try Im capable of an A, If I don't put the effort in I could get a C)

Shiny
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Is 59.9 bad?
I don't get the american system at all. Yeah it's failing. 60 is passing in most states.

Owen Macwere
03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, indeed, these kind of grades are so stupid. I got 7.99/10 in Pascal language few days ago. Suck! I felt like killing the instructor.

Rye
03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
While I think you should have tried harder to get a passing grade, I can somewhat commiserate with the almost rounded up blues. I really wanted a 95 average (A+, I suppose?) last quarter and I came so close to it, a 94.47. I can't complain because it's still good, but man. xD

Nominus Experse
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
words
At this point, you ought to realize why it is you received the grade you did - simply look at your own posts. They speak volumes of your attitude and ability to properly reason and think.

You failed. Whether that be by .1 or 10 points, the fact still remains that you were a failure.

No one is here to hold your hand and cradle you after you fail. Bite your lip and grow up.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 08:27 PM
lol nominus u seem to misunderstand me in terms of everything I say...how do you do it..Im not asking anyone for anything except for to listen that I think that 59.9 grades are uncool and unfair...if you don't believe that then <!--eat my shorts then kiss my bare ass--> stuff

We don't say this to other members. Don't do it again.

~Void

and bunny...so you only had 1.5 hours of school a day!?
I have like 9 hours of school a day...and I have to wake up at like 5:00 so most days I don't sleep...pretty stressful

Tavrobel
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
lol nominus u seem to misunderstand me in terms of everything I say...how do you do it..Im not asking anyone for anything except for to listen that I think that 59.9 grades are uncool and unfair...if you don't believe that then eat my shorts then kiss my bare ass

If you had actually resolved to change your situation, you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place. At least you school uses a ten point system; at mine, failing is a 69.99 and below, not that I have anything to worry about. Grades are only as unfair as you make them.

Bunny
03-06-2007, 08:35 PM
lol nominus u seem to misunderstand me in terms of everything I say...how do you do it..Im not asking anyone for anything except for to listen that I think that 59.9 grades are uncool and unfair...if you don't believe that then eat my shorts then kiss my bare ass

and bunny...so you only had 1.5 hours of school a day!?
I have like 9 hours of school a day...and I have to wake up at like 5:00 so most days I don't sleep...pretty stressful

Oooh, that first bit. Teehee.

And yes, I only had about two and a half hours of school a week. Tuesdays from 12:30pm - 2:00pm and Friday from Noon to 1pm.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 08:36 PM

If you had actually resolved to change your situation, you wouldn't have made this thread in the first place. At least you school uses a ten point system; at mine, failing is a 69.99 and below, not that I have anything to worry about. Grades are only as unfair as you make them.

change my situation...grades r permanent if thats what u mean...

and I don't hate u or anything but I really hope you get a 69.99 cuz even tho you have all this "logic" you believe you'd still be pretty pissed

Yamaneko
03-06-2007, 08:37 PM
You gotta work with the system. No one's going to take up arms alongside you for a cause as trivial as percentage rounding.

PyroManiak
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
And yes, I only had about two and a half hours of school a week. Tuesdays from 12:30pm - 2:00pm and Friday from Noon to 1pm.

lucky bstrd...

You gotta work with the system. No one's going to take up arms alongside you for a cause as trivial as percentage rounding.

A simple ...yeh I got 1 of those and i was sad...or a I'd hate to get 1 wuld also work so no i'm not looking for people to take arms up alongside me...or watever u meant by that

work with the system...if people never worked against the system...Id probably have a slave or two in my house

oddler
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
You failed. Whether that be by .1 or 10 points...

This pretty much sums up my outlook on this topic.

Tavrobel
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
A simple ...yeh I got 1 of those and i was sad...or a I'd hate to get 1 wuld also work so no i'm not looking for people to take arms up alongside me...or watever u meant by that

Then why did you make this thread? All this is, is pointless bitching, when you already have the information to change your situation.

change my situation...grades r permanent if thats what u mean...

and I don't hate u or anything but I really hope you get a 69.99 cuz even tho you have all this "logic" you believe you'd still be pretty pissed

See, I'm not quite sure you actually understand how grades work. Seeing as you are not in college, you have plenty of opportunity to change your grade, why? Because grades are not permanent until the final grade. Those are the ones that matter; the corollary of this would be to work harder until you get As on all of your other assignments to bring up a 59.99.

I'd have to try damn hard to fail.

Mo-Nercy
03-07-2007, 12:17 AM
ill do what you did once I get sent to the school/classes I want(turn around 389degrees and actually do schoolwork)...
Geometry Honours? :rolleyes2

I don't see what the big problem is. It's not hard (though it can get very frustrating and tedious) to study and solidly pass. Your failing isn't a case of misfortune, but is rather indicative of the lack of effort you applied to the unit of study. Study hard and you'll likely pass. Since you didn't, it's clear that you didn't study hard enough. Sure, the unit of study may be difficult but it's nothing studying doesn't fix.

Believe it or not, the education system's not out to screw you. Your lecturers and course coordinators WANT you to pass, but they also want you to have learnt something.

Fonzie
03-07-2007, 12:41 AM
You seem to not care about school that much. My grading system is also like Tavrobel's. Its hard to fail unless your very lazy, like yourself.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Imma shut up b4 I get banned...

Yeh...I have the best self-control in the world

Giga Guess
03-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Do I think it sucks? Absolutely.

Do I think kai yai-ing about how the teachers won't give you an extra 0.1% will do anything? Nope!

Take it as a sign to pull up your socks, and work harder. Don't whine that the teachers aren't passing you if you're failing (albeit barely.) Stop being satisfied with squeaking by, and work to excel, because I can assure you. In the real world, "almost" is rarely, if ever enough.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2007, 04:37 AM
In my state it's 70% to pass.

Let me tell you a story~

There once was a boy who was very lazy. He didn't do ANY work.You see this kid was a math wiz, and he figured out how to pass English without doing any work ever.
The lowest they can put on your report card is a 50. You can get a zero in the class, but on your report card they move it up to a 50. So, at the end of the year he figured out if he scored high on the final exam, he could pass English. He did score high, very high. He brought his grade up from a 50% to a 69.71%. He had a very nice teacher, and normally she'd bump it up a little bit, but this time she had to refuse, and the boy had to take the class again.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 05:11 AM
In my state it's 70% to pass.

Let me tell you a story~

There once was a boy who was very lazy. He didn't do ANY work.You see this kid was a math wiz, and he figured out how to pass English without doing any work ever.
The lowest they can put on your report card is a 50. You can get a zero in the class, but on your report card they move it up to a 50. So, at the end of the year he figured out if he scored high on the final exam, he could pass English. He did score high, very high. He brought his grade up from a 50% to a 69.71%. He had a very nice teacher, and normally she'd bump it up a little bit, but this time she had to refuse, and the boy had to take the class again.

thank you.

Araciel
03-07-2007, 05:50 AM
where i come from, anything less than 85 is uncivilized, and will get you beaten

eestlinc
03-07-2007, 06:19 AM
in law school, depending on the curve in the class, a 59.9 can get you a B.

Miriel
03-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I got a 89.7 or something for a class last semester. It's harder for college courses because for some of my classes, it's 50% midterm, and then 50% Final. Not much room for making mistakes, cause it's not like you can make it up. =/

It sucked, and I wish I could've gotten that A, but I don't mope about these kinds of things for more than a minute. Grades aren't everything.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I got a 89.7 or something last semester. It's harder for college courses before for some of my classes, it's 50% midterm, and then 50% Final. Not much room for making mistakes, cause it's not like you can make it up. =/

It sucked, and I wish I could've gotten that A, but I don't mope about these kinds of things for more than a minute. Grades aren't everything.

Where I go for university an A- is 80-84% and an A is above 85%. (Not too sure when A+ start, though something tells me on the official transcripts they do not use A+).

Slothy
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
thats exactly why I don't want to be in honors..they giv too much fkin work and im sorry i didn't make it any clearer that I don't want to be in honors cuz of the work...and no offense but I think your opinion on recieving a 59.9 is stupid...how the f can someone deserve a 59.9..ur all going to hell for thinking thats just..the new devils number shuld be 59.9...so ya know what...f u..and f ur dam 59.9...why dont u go marry 59.9 u tardy turd nugget w/ breast cancer

I'm going to give you some advice that you may want to take to heart. You're 14 years old, which means I can guarentee you that you will never get less work in school than you do right now unless you build a time machine and travel into your own past (and frankly, if you can't put the effort in to get a passing grade in Geometry, I doubt you'll be altering space-time anytime soon). When you've pulled 70+ hours a week just to get your crap done for four University courses, then we can talk about who's getting too much work.

You didn't work hard, which means you put in enough effort to get a 59.9 and that's the grade you deserved. If you actually tried, but just weren't able to get it I may have some sympathy, but if you don't put the effort in, then frankly, you deserve whatever grade you get, especially if it's a failing grade, and I don't care if it's 0.000000001 away from a pass. I have no patience for people who can't be bothered to put in the effort to get good grades and whine about it after. I've had plenty of courses I didn't want to take over the years, but I still put in the required effort and got good grades because of it. Sometimes kid, life sucks. There's nothing you can do about it except deal with it and move on. You chose how you wanted to deal with it, and now you're not happy with the consequences, so from now on, I suggest you take the steps to make sure you're not whining to a bunch of forum-goers about future grades.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 07:18 PM
I got a 89.7 or something for a class last semester. It's harder for college courses because for some of my classes, it's 50% midterm, and then 50% Final. Not much room for making mistakes, cause it's not like you can make it up. =/

thats exactly what I said except I wanted to pass...and also that list bit for me too...and yet people try to shame me and make me look like the bad guy...or the idiot... wtf did I do to you dickheds

I'm going to give you some advice that you may want to take to heart. You're 14 years old, which means I can guarentee you that you will never get less work in school than you do right now unless you build a time machine and travel into your own past (and frankly, if you can't put the effort in to get a passing grade in Geometry, I doubt you'll be altering space-time anytime soon). When you've pulled 70+ hours a week just to get your crap done for four University courses, then we can talk about who's getting too much work.

You didn't work hard, which means you put in enough effort to get a 59.9 and that's the grade you deserved. If you actually tried, but just weren't able to get it I may have some sympathy, but if you don't put the effort in, then frankly, you deserve whatever grade you get, especially if it's a failing grade, and I don't care if it's 0.000000001 away from a pass. I have no patience for people who can't be bothered to put in the effort to get good grades and whine about it after. I've had plenty of courses I didn't want to take over the years, but I still put in the required effort and got good grades because of it. Sometimes kid, life sucks. There's nothing you can do about it except deal with it and move on. You chose how you wanted to deal with it, and now you're not happy with the consequences, so from now on, I suggest you take the steps to make sure you're not whining to a bunch of forum-goers about future grades.

Ur wrong...I can get it easier because right now iI'm in the hardest public school in my district...with the hardest classes...So once I transfer next years it'll be easier by a pretty notable amount...and by dickheds I mean ppl like you who have no patience with these things...How dare you say I don't deserve .1 more of a grade///I gave up a chance to make out with this girl once to go to my math class...that alone should be enough to get me 10points
I shulda just skipped class and went to the bathroom with her..

IceT
03-07-2007, 07:43 PM
No offense but you should think with your other head a little more.

You should always try to score the best you can. You do NOT pass by peak-performing (only study when exams come), you DO when you study regularly. By doing that you will have a daily schedule which makes you more time-efficient so you can do whatever with that girl you mentioned.

Get the brain and the girl dude.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
No offense but you should think with your other head a little more.

You should always try to score the best you can. You do NOT pass by peak-performing (only study when exams come), you DO when you study regularly. By doing that you will have a daily schedule which makes you more time-efficient so you can do whatever with that girl you mentioned.

Get the brain and the girl dude.

get the brain?? whethere I get an F or A im probably gonna end up with the same amount of info cuz I pay attention to what he says cuz its important...but all the work he gives is stupid work involving constant redoing of algebraec/geometry mixed...and I feel like I'm a 1st grader again doing the thing where u have to do the times table 100times as punishment...whether or not all that work is needed is another story...ok...thats why I got a 59.9 so shutup...the problem is wtf....I think 59.9's r stupid and shuld be illegal so just post whether or not u like 59.9's and let my post sink into oblivion...I hate to say this but I don't care about ur advice...I either don't know you at all...or recognize you in a negative way based off the names I see in this thread

except for like 3 ppl and they did what I think you guys should do...tell me if youve ever missed something by a bit...or put in some effort for nothing

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I now find this thread to humour me immensely.

Slothy
03-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Ok, you want to know whether or not we believe in 59.9's? Yes I do (though that should be clear by now). No one should be bumped up just because they're teatering on the edge of passing. Like I said before, I would have no problem with a teacher bumping someone up to a pass if they went everyday, paid attention, did the homework, and still just couldn't get it. At least they put forth the effort to try and do their best in the class. Plenty of people go to class everyday with the intention of learning and trying their best. People who do the bare minimum and have it come back to bite them in the ass shouldn't get a pass when other people actually put the work in.

And should I be impressed that you ditched a girl to go to class? You still didn't do the work that would have ensured you passed the class. You can complain all you want about the math problems assigned being tedious, but the only way to learn that stuff is through repitition. So as far as I'm concerned, if you deserved that extra 0.1 of a mark, you would have done well enough to earn it, not be handed it freely by a teacher just so you could pass. You freely admitted that you didn't work hard enough in that class, which means you failed because you were lazy whether you want to admit it or not.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok, you want to know whether or not we believe in 59.9's? Yes I do (though that should be clear by now). No one should be bumped up just because they're teatering on the edge of passing. Like I said before, I would have no problem with a teacher bumping someone up to a pass if they went everyday, paid attention, did the homework, and still just couldn't get it. At least they put forth the effort to try and do their best in the class. Plenty of people go to class everyday with the intention of learning and trying their best. People who do the bare minimum and have it come back to bite them in the ass shouldn't get a pass when other people actually put the work in.

And should I be impressed that you ditched a girl to go to class? You still didn't do the work that would have ensured you passed the class. You can complain all you want about the math problems assigned being tedious, but the only way to learn that stuff is through repitition. So as far as I'm concerned, if you deserved that extra 0.1 of a mark, you would have done well enough to earn it, not be handed it freely by a teacher just so you could pass. You freely admitted that you didn't work hard enough in that class, which means you failed because you were lazy whether you want to admit it or not.

lol...so what your saying is even worse than me...You think the teacher should give some people bump ups while others dont get 1
...what I would think is you simply round up...cuz that gives every1 a chance and doesnt allow teachers to be discriminulatory as I imagine if you were a teacher you would be...

colorist bastard...It's cuz im red isnt it

I hope you get raped by a chainsaw then get a permanent beard made out of my pubic hairs that is glued on by dork sperm

oddler
03-07-2007, 10:31 PM
That's probably one of the funnier things I've read in the past couple hours.
That doesn't mean I agree with you, though. :shifty:

Grades, in my opinion, are based heavily on effort. (Hence, A for effort.) You get what you put in and I really don't think rounding up is the thing to do. Why not round down? Why not say, "59.9? That's higher than 50 so let's round that up to 100, 'K?"

Yes. 59.9s should be legal. :p

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 10:35 PM
lol...so what your saying is even worse than me...You think the teacher should give some people bump ups while others dont get 1
...what I would think is you simply round up...cuz that gives every1 a chance and doesnt allow teachers to be discriminulatory as I imagine if you were a teacher you would be...

I hope you get raped by a chainsaw then get a permanent beard made out of my pubic hairs that is glued on by dork sperm

LOL good luck in college. Professors give slack to the ones they like the most. Thank it is whoever you thank that you even GET impartiality at this point of your education.

Also, when you round up, not everyone gets the same amount of credit. Most of the time, people who are rounded up don't deserve it, and those who are rounded down shouldn't have their work underestimated. What's the difference between .1 and .5? A world of difference. It's the difference between just barely failing, and failing. No matter how you slice it, you have failed to be able to produce a grade which you wanted (or if it was your intention, more power to you). You do realize that, (since I'm sure you attended 4th grade math), that when it is five and above, you round up, and any number up to that point is rounded down?

What seems to contribute to this little escapade, is that you keep complaining about "ohh, the system isn't fair" and "why won't they just bump it up?" What it seems to be is, that you are, in fact, a bad student. Education isn't like a basketball: pump it up and get what you want. What it is, is something you have to work at; even minimal work is enough (as in many cases of people). Okay, so there are people who are genuine geniuses. One out of, perhaps, a thousand? A million? It's not a billion, otherwise I'd know all of their names.

Is what you claim to be unjust, fair? What about the schools across the country that automatically curve grades and send people to college, who don't really earn it? Is it fair, that just because they are data, that they should get money for support from the government? Is that fair to the students who have worked their way honestly to college? Are you entitled to some sense of "automatic victory," just because you attended? Hell no! Is it fair to get a grade, and have it be where it is? According to you, apparently not, because apparently, you think you know better than a system that has been around since well before you were born.

I don't get why, it would also seem, that you think you should be commended for something you were supposed to do correctly in the first place, and that some sort of punishment should not be handled when you do not succeed? What the disturbing thing is, is that your future is the consequence, not some grade, out of many, that contributes to a small parcel of your other eleven grades until college.

Please stop wasting our time. Go get an A on a paper, or talk to your teacher. Until you do, there's nothing that any one of us can do, because you clearly have not listened to a single word that we have said. It seems that you did, because you responded. But I could get the same result if someone kicked while I was asleep, and threw water in my face. And fix your grammar while you're at it.

I'm not even going to start with the second part (the edit).

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM

LOL good luck in college. Professors give slack to the ones they like the most. Thank it is whoever you thank that you even GET impartiality at this point of your education.

Also, when you round up, not everyone gets the same amount of credit. Most of the time, people who are rounded up don't deserve it, and those who are rounded down shouldn't have their work underestimated. What's the difference between .1 and .5? A world of difference. It's the difference between just barely failing, and failing. No matter how you slice it, you have failed to be able to produce a grade which you wanted (or if it was your intention, more power to you). You do realize that, (since I'm sure you attended 4th grade math), that when it is five and above, you round up, and any number up to that point is rounded down?

What seems to contribute to this little escapade, is that you keep complaining about "ohh, the system isn't fair" and "why won't they just bump it up?" What it seems to be is, that you are, in fact, a bad student. Education isn't like a basketball: pump it up and get what you want. What it is, is something you have to work at; even minimal work is enough (as in many cases of people). Okay, so there are people who are genuine geniuses. One out of, perhaps, a thousand? A million? It's not a billion, otherwise I'd know all of their names.

Is what you claim to be unjust, fair? What about the schools across the country that automatically curve grades and send people to college, who don't really earn it? Is it fair, that just because they are data, that they should get money for support from the government? Is that fair to the students who have worked their way honestly to college? Are you entitled to some sense of "automatic victory," just because you attended? Hell no! Is it fair to get a grade, and have it be where it is? According to you, apparently not, because apparently, you think you know better than a system that has been around since well before you were born.

I don't get why, it would also seem, that you think you should be commended for something you were supposed to do correctly in the first place, and that some sort of punishment should not be handled when you do not succeed? What the disturbing thing is, is that your future is the consequence, not some grade, out of many, that contributes to a small parcel of your other eleven grades until college.

Please stop wasting our time. Go get an A on a paper, or talk to your teacher. Until you do, there's nothing that any one of us can do, because you clearly have not listened to a single word that we have said. It seems that you did, because you responded. But I could get the same result if someone kicked while I was asleep, and threw water in my face. And fix your grammar while you're at it.

I'm not even going to start with the second part (the edit).

put it like this...I read it but dont know what you're saying...what I got from everything you saying is that you disagree and somehow think rounding up is unfair...well they must have decided to round it up if I got a 59.9 otherwise I'd have a 59.9????-whatever...which probably would be some kind of irrational number

so why dont they just round it up to an integer...I think they shuld have rounded it up to an integer so I don't have to get an F cuz I like D's more than F's...and dude I feel bad for you cuz if some1 where to kick me in the face while I sleep I'd be forced to murder them...

well anyways I think your wrong cuz it should be rounded up to an integer and not some gay ass number like 59.9...I'd actually rather get a 59 then a 59.9...if they want to be jerknuts and round down...either way I think its unjust to give a grade that misses by numbers we dont even really see...
and what I meant by round up was basically .5 and up goes to next integer so my 59.9 wulda became a 60.0

and dude...dont ever post in my thread again...or Ill ban u from existance

Fonzie
03-07-2007, 11:23 PM

Your arrogance shows it self with this perticular comment.

I'm also suprised to see that you haven't been banned yet with all the offensive comments you've made because the people were being honest with their opinions. If you don't like what people post in your thread, don't make one.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2007, 11:25 PM
heheh...you weren't expecting to be lectured, were you?

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Your arrogance shows it self with this perticular comment.

I'm also suprised to see that you haven't been banned yet with all the offensive comments you've made because the people were being honest with their opinions. If you don't like what people post in your thread, don't make one.
:) you know i love you my beoch

oddler
03-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Despite my custom title, I'm going to be nice and follow the rules because I'm a robot.

Everyone has said so far, basically, that the grade you recieved was what you earned. Rounding up or down or whatever is just a way to get around the specifics. You should focus on and eliminate the root cause. I suggest that you start looking at ways to get 60s instead of 59.9s from now on.

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Technically, he would need 60.1s to get that D, not 60s. You know, with the theory of Limits as N-->Infinity. And all of that and the whole counterbalancing, and cumulative grading.

OMG I posted. Banstick, please.

oddler
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Technically, he would need 60.1s to get that D, not 60s. You know, with the theory of Limits as N-->Infinity. And all of that and the whole counterbalancing, and cumulative grading.

OMG I posted. Banstick, please.

Explain yourself!

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Despite my custom title, I'm going to be nice and follow the rules because I'm a robot.

Everyone has said so far, basically, that the grade you recieved was what you earned. Rounding up or down or whatever is just a way to get around the specifics. You should focus on and eliminate the root cause. I suggest that you start looking at ways to get 60s instead of 59.9s from now on.

fine you know what go get a mod to change my name to "59.9 boy" and frikkin brand me with a 59.9 sign u turd nuggets

and after that u can trip on a .1' dildo to hell...have a nice fall xD

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Explain yourself!

no wai i liek makin stuf up lawlz

Simple math. (59.9+60.1)/2 = 60. (59.9+60)/2 = 59.75.
Effective values applied, none of this rounding crap. Ignore all significant digits.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Explain yourself!

Effective values applied, none of this rounding crap. Ignore all significant digits.

this isnt math class dick hed stop averaging stuff

oddler
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Still not following you unless you're talking about getting the grade he would need to bring his average up. :p

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Still not following you unless you're talking about getting the grade he would need to bring his average up. :p

I am.

not tht i c nething rike thta, n00bc4ke

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:37 PM

I am.

not tht i c nething rike thta, n00bc4ke

wat the hell did u just say?

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 11:38 PM
wat the hell did u just say?

This statement, right here, practically explains my state of mind whenever I have to read your posts.

I like irony, but I especially like BIG FAT OBVIOUS irony.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:40 PM

ok..I found my solution...copy people homework during class..thank you very much no need for ur "kind and caring help" no go back to your daily routines involving whales and unicorns and all ur other happy dappy :skull::skull::skull::skull: cuz im too dam tired for you and all of your stuff u always try to make me have to be able to do and I dont want to :mad2:

Tavrobel
03-07-2007, 11:42 PM
...and ladies and gentlemen, the "subtle" irony of today's story kicks in.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:44 PM
...and ladies and gentlemen, the "subtle" irony of today's story kicks in.

wow...I have an entire audiance listening to me...I feel so loved

now cut the bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: cuz you talking right now tells me you want me to fornicate you...

so you should shut up now unless you want to ....you know;)

Cruise Control
03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
We're all sorry your a massive failure. And round here, 65 is passing. God forbid.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:50 PM
We're all sorry your a massive failure. And round here, 65 is passing. God forbid.

lmfao...if you happen to have read any of the later posts srry..wasnt me *points at tacobaells*

Cruise Control
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I hope you get ass raped by a goat. :)

Edit: And it's Tavrobel, bitch.

PyroManiak
03-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I hope you get ass raped by a goat. :)

Edit: And it's Tavrobel, bitch.

ahaha-...:eep: wulda been funny if you hoped for it to happen twice but you didn't

so instead you get ass raped by a chainsaw mwuahahahaha...hehe

...twice

and I wulnt mind it as much as a whale penis cuz I'd actually be able to recover from bieng raped by a goat...and you didnt specify its species so a female goat humps my leg...oooook...so im sexxy to animal girls too...not that surprising

Cruise Control
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow, I'm amazed you even neared a 40, let alone 59.

PyroManiak
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow, I'm amazed you even neared a 40, let alone 59.

Im amazed you can even spell the word 40 and 59 you son of a tanner...u bastard...

Tavrobel
03-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I wish you could come up with your own material, Pyro, then you wouldn't sound as hopeless as you are.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
This thread has become completely unacceptable and it ends now.

We do NOT insult other members on this site. Ever. Don't let me see it again.