PDA

View Full Version : Vaan is on fire

Diango12
03-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Umm so what did you think of Vaan as the "main" character. To my understanding he needed to be more visable in the story. How could he stand out more? Well a bit of dancing would help.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Diango123/vaan_by_hunterGON.jpg

Or vice versa

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Diango123/Lazy_Rabanastre_by_sorgie.jpg
^
|
They put a shirt on him!

What do you think?

Remedy
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Dancing?
No, I think he can be a mechanic lad- maybe ^^

Setzer Gabianni
03-06-2007, 08:55 AM
He isn't a main character. Main character? Hmm..Basch/Balthier/Ashe. Certainly not Vaan later on.

Angel_from_hell
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
There is no main characther in the game, I think thats great since it gives you the chance to actually choose between several characthers to get a team that fits you the best. So I donīt think Vaan needs to be seen more or anything like that at all because then all of the other characthers have to stand out more.

Bahamut2000X
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Was I the only one who thought he was a dancing monkey with cymbals in that first pic?

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Awww! Loved both pictures :D

They managed to make Vaan and Penelo look cute!

Ko Ko
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
How cute. :)

He does need a shirt, I never liked his man bra.

Remon
03-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Vaan is okay.If he only were a little more of a hero his role in the story would have been bigger :(

Gabranth
03-07-2007, 05:44 AM
not to be rude, but that's a given.

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Oh, I'm just going to say it, I hate Vaan. He's wearing a man bra AND he's weaker than them all. He doesn't save anyone and he constantly whines. Ugh.

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Good for you!

Diango12
03-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Well what in gods name is a man bra. Now if it happens to be what I think it is please spare me the bad images in my head.

Vaan is a great character he has a innocence that wouldn't break no matter the situation and he's just hard not to like. Iam sure if ever there was a second installment Vaan would have a much more profound role.

Sergeant Hartman
03-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Moving on......

Who here likes Balthier?

Chloe.
03-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Moving on......

Who here likes Balthier?

Me! :mog:

Remon
03-07-2007, 07:12 PM
People The Topic is about Vaan.:bigsmile:
Vaan wears MEN bra??????????????

Diango12
03-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Balthier is my man whore now no more talk of him!

Vaan yes lets stay on topic-- Now who here can figure out the relationship between Vaan and penelo- Sister?-friend-lova wuvva :love:

Remon
03-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Love Of course :love:

Penelo + Vaan= Love
Fran + Balthier= Love
Basch + Ashe= Love

These are the main couples in FF12 :choc2:

Sergeant Hartman
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Basch + Ashe= Love
You what?

Remon
03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Hartman, Have you seen the ending ;) ?

Sergeant Hartman
03-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Hartman, Have you seen the ending ;) ?
Shhhh ;)

Remon
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
My mouth is shut then :monster2:

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Well thanks a lot guys, now i know my these two great characters fall in love-i can't believe that Basch will fuck Lady Ashe...

Sergeant Hartman
03-07-2007, 09:47 PM
My mouth is shut then :monster2:
You should never have opened it! :eek:

Dreddz
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
"Along for the ride"

Hes pretty pathetic as a main character, he'd shame FFXII even being a NPC.

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 09:54 PM
why d people think he's the main character, cause he AIN'T. The guy isn't even that bad, some people are getting a bit caught up and over-reacting.

Vaan, don't worry cause i still think your alright!

Dreddz
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
why d people think he's the main character, cause he AIN'T.

Oh, so thats why we walk around towns and cities with him. And thats why hes the one slap bang in the middle of the box cover.

Hes the main character, even if his part is the least significant in the entire game.

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Alright that's probably true, but they never actually say he's the main character.

Setzer Gabianni
03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Don't be ridiculous Passado. Basch had a love but the love perished.

VOSSLER

And what of the ending? I don't remember seeing anything Assuming that Basch and Ashe wanted to get togetherz lolllz

Renmiri
03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Actually in the end Ashe seems more fond of Balthier in spite of what Penelo says about her

Remon
03-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Looks like i talk too much :(
I've edited my post and put it on a Spoiler

Now about what Setzer said:
Big Spoilers Stay away!!!!Penelo says something in the ending.She tells Larsa that Ashe misses Basch.And then Larsa gives the letter to basch.You get it?why didn't she say she missed Balthier.But maybe i'm wrong.Anyways i see it that way.

Setzer Gabianni
03-08-2007, 08:41 AM
So she missed him. That doesn't exactly imply she fancies him. She paid pretty much no attention to him in THAT way throughout the whole of the game. She probably misses him in a different fashion.

I also agree with Renmiri on the point she made.

Remon
03-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Okay then i was wrong :jess:
I feel happy now :p

No.78
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
I think he's a good main character in the respect he's kind of what connects all the other characters in a way, he's like the centre of the group and alot of decisions and events that took place may have turned out differently if it wasn't for his presence.

And the fact that you start the game with him (well his brother), and control him in towns. Duhhh

Diango12
03-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Sorry balthier but in terms of RPG tradition he was the main character. In terms of standards there is a problem yes but that still does not negate the fact that he is the main character.

I remember the director commenting that when they began production "Vaan was made more and more a powerful character then later on they decided to break from tradition and create a "less powerful" character."

Which confirms he is the main character having the production team call him so is enough proof.

LunarWeaver
03-17-2007, 01:57 AM
3)A little brat who jumps to conclisions (Basch 1st meeting)

I'd say at that part Vaan was the only intelligent person in the group. Basch literally plays the "Evil Twin" card, and Fran and Balthier only shrug and go "Yeah, okay, that's reasonable." Although in the case of those two, I would credit that to apathy more than anything else. Bally probly just doesn't give a crap.

If I heard somebody say, "Oh, it wasn't me that killed your brother and fucked up your whole life, just somebody who looks exactly like me and happens to work for the enemy," I'd sure as hell not buy it without a little more investigation either.

Edit: Further, I like Vaan, and not because his stats are the highest in the entire game but because I simply do. I don't think he is the main character, though, nor would I give the label to anybody else. A game doesn't have to have a main character. I think Square just marketed it that way because that's what people are used to seeing.

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 04:58 PM
But if he didn't do that my cutie pie Basch would still be in jail. So go Vaan go!!!!

;)

f f freak
03-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Well Vaan is dumb since he SHOULD know not to jump to conclusions as it may be another person or just a twin. BUT instead he jumps on the cage, shacks it voildently and guess what, it falls down. STUPID.:mog:

Yes he does jump on the cage but it is not that that makes it drop. Fran goes "I'm dropping it." then does some funky roundhouse kick and jumps on as it falls. I believe that is what happens anyway.

LunarWeaver
03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Well Vaan is dumb since he SHOULD know not to jump to conclusions as it may be another person or just a twin.

Now come on, you're just stretching for things to hate with this. Basch was down in Dalmasca's history as the biggest traitor around. It'd be like a soldier having Adolf Hitler at gunpoint during World War II and Adolf going "No, no, I'm Adolf's good twin. The bad twin is somebody else entirely." Nobody would believe him, gimme a break.

It happened to be true, but Vaan was right not to believe him at first.

I don't care if people do hate Vaan, but the only reason most come up with is "His abs and hair are ugly and he's not a gullable sap."

Well Vaan is dumb since he SHOULD know not to jump to conclusions as it may be another person or just a twin. BUT instead he jumps on the cage, shacks it voildently and guess what, it falls down. STUPID.:mog:

Yes he does jump on the cage but it is not that that makes it drop. Fran goes "I'm dropping it." then does some funky roundhouse kick and jumps on as it falls. I believe that is what happens anyway.

Yeah, Fran drops the cage, not Vaan.

I think most people hated Vaan before they even started the game. They took one look at him and it was too late. Ah well...

f f freak
03-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I don't hate him he's just not my fave character. I think his character design was ugly but that really shouldn't put people off. He has amazing potential. I gave him a bow and arrow and made him a support character in my backup team.

Angel_from_hell
03-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I think Vaan is okay, donīt like him, but I donīt dislike him either. And I am glad that there isnīt any direct "big hero" that is going to save everything from the big evil, like in the Zelda kind of games. I hate when they focus on one person and makes him so very special. But Vaan dosenīt have that part and I like that about him.

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I think most people hated Vaan before they even started the game. They took one look at him and it was too late. Ah well...

That was true for me. I liked Reks :whimper:

Finding out he died and you are stuck with Vaan instead - who thinks pwning RATS in a sewer is training - was a downer and got me disliking him... :eep:

He is not so bad but he is not Tidus! :rolleyes2

Dr. Acula
03-19-2007, 08:01 AM
So many spoiler tags... must...not... look...:freak:
From all the bad things I've heard about Tidus, I thought Vaan was going to be just as bad. I was also expecting Penelo to be really serious, and Ashe to be really NOT serious. I was wrong about them all.:D
I like Vaan. He's not a bad character. He gets on my nerves a bit, but I think that comes from my automatic hatred for most (not Cloud) main characters. I get over my hatred eventually though...in some cases.

Markus. D
03-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh, I'm just going to say it, I hate Vaan. He's wearing a man bra AND he's weaker than them all. He doesn't save anyone and he constantly whines. Ugh.

xD the characters are pretty balanced initialy to my knowledge.

Remon
03-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Hahaha no one responded to my post! This means im right!

No your not because FRAN dropped it.Vaan only shook it.
Whose fault was it? that's another story ;)

Raebus
03-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Did you read my post, I said that Vaan shook it, thus making noise that would alert the guards, the Fran dropped it so Vaan would not make noise.

JEEZ!!:mad:

Congratulations, you've just proven that vaan moved the story along by attracting the guards which leads to fran dropping it herself. Now, do you want a trophy?

No.78
03-23-2007, 11:53 PM
You can't be stubborn against a fact, anyone who genuinly thinks Vaan isn't the main character is clearly deluded or something.

Its like... I don't like Tidus, thus I dub Auron the main character, and what I says goes.

psyniac_123
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
How could he stand out more?

Well, he could look a little less Tidus and PUT A FRIKKIN' SHIRT ON.
Ugh. Personality-less, shirt-less, blonde girl-boys make me a Sad Panda. :(

Yliette
03-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Hahaha no one responded to my post! This means im right!

Balthier Rocks, I recommend you don't double-post. Unless of course you want to get banned.

On another note, stop being immature and please do stop making a big deal about solidifying it was Vaan that caused the cage to be dropped. As Raebus said, it's not like you'll get a trophy for doing so.

On topic. According to many articles I've read, Vaan may be the main character but the central figure of the story is actually Ashe. She is the sole heir to Dalmasca's throne, practices the most political power due to her birth, practically decides for the party where to go and what to do and ultimately she's the most determined of them all to defeat Archadia.

As for Vaan, he clearly isn't the leader of the party (unlike most FF leads) as he stated somewhere in the game that he's merely following Ashe to find out more about himself.

I've also read the creators intended not to have a main character therefore all protagonists are equal in terms of story. But I personally believe Vaan to be the "mainest" character in the game. After all he's the default character you have control over.

Formalhaut
03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Well sorry. Im just trying to prove a point. is it against the law to prove your point?

Has now deleated all posts about my point.

Yliette
03-26-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry too for talking that way.

Might as well not get carried away the next time. ;)

Formalhaut
03-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Ahh what a nice happy ending. Like all Final Fantasys should be. Right :choc2:Yliette:choc2:?

(Safe for FF10-2, where you can get a "bad" ending)