PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind anybody?

Erdrick Holmes
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I picked up a copy of this game for five bucks and I cna't put it down. Anybody else think this game is just... epic?

Nominus Experse
03-06-2007, 05:16 PM
OMFG yes! If I didn't think this game is as amazing as it is, I fear I would suddenly turn ill after the realization that I have placed more than 1000 hours of my life into this game repeatedly due to countless runs through it.

It's like one giant fucking side-quest, of which you have ultimate control.

Truly orgasmic.

Laddy
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I've played it for 300 hours. Redguards, FTW!

Araciel
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
redguards?

psssh

imperials FTUW

Yamaneko
03-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Dark Elves ftw!

I've spent over 100 hours on different runs through the game. I don't think I've done even half of the quests.

XxSephirothxX
03-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I couldn't really get into it. Part of it is that the game is supposed to be so representative of a massive, living world, but it looked like ass. Obviously it was fine when it came out, but I tried to play it like a year and a half ago. :p Oblivion, however, is awesome.

Nominus Experse
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
I couldn't really get into it. Part of it is that the game is supposed to be so representative of a massive, living world, but it looked like ass.
That's where mods come into play, because yeah, quite frankly, Morrowind's graphics and the like are noticeably outdated. Modding Morrowind adds a whole other level to its already expansive world - obviously.

If my machine could handle Oblivion, I would play it...

Madame Adequate
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Welcome to 2002.

Whilst you're somewhat late to the party, it is a hell of a party.

Jings
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Morrowind. It's been a while since I last played but I've spent a scary amount of time on this game with dozens of different characters. One minute it would be 11:00pm, got another hour or so to play, great, the next thing I know the sun is coming up. Time really just flies when you play Morrowind. Still never completed it though...

Although Oblivion is good it just doesn't have the same feeling that Morrowind had, haven't spent anywhere near as much time on it. Funnily enough I actually completed Oblivion though.

Dark Elves and House Telvanni FTW!

kikimm
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
I love Morrowind. I haven't played it in months, though. I go through periods of playing it obsessively and then not touching it. Overdose. :-\ It's really great, but I've done like...I don't want to say everything, but a lot lot lot. Which pretty much sucks. I don't like doing the same things over and over and over! Also, the main quest is horrible xD I hate ashlanders.

Anyways. :up:

Araciel
03-06-2007, 11:40 PM
i like how you can exploit the game so much XD

Laddy
03-07-2007, 01:20 AM
I like Morrowind's feel over Oblivion's. Morrowind has a better world, Imperials and Cyrodiil, are too, standard. However, Oblivion dosen't have any gore from enemies, and for the props, I modded them to be skeletal, so I prefer Oblivion, for that reason ONLY!

EDIT: Why, you ask? I have an irrational fear of blood...:(

Madame Adequate
03-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I certainly like the atmosphere of Morrowind more than Oblivion. It felt so refreshing to be in a world which wasn't your archetypical RPG - it genuinely felt like you were somewhere alien.

Then back in Cyrodiil, it's your average sword-and-sorcery most of the time.

Yamaneko
03-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Just wait for Shivering Isle!

fantasyjunkie
03-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Wow, I cannot even i magine how many hundreds of hours I spent playing Morrowind. That game rocked! Oblivion is superior in every way but its missing the atmosphere somehow that Morrowind has.

The Mog Ninja
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
yeah morrowind was fun, and oblivion i think doesnt have the same feel because it feels too new and fresh, unlike morrowind which was all old and evil and stuff

Fatal Impurity
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I think Oblivion kicked the s**t out of Morrowind in every way...i liked Morrowind dont get me wrong...but i just think that the system the way its laid out and the design was much better. As for the design in Morrowind well that just sucked really (the whole world looked too simaler) but i really liked the premise. The whole "the world is s**t coloured!" thing put me off though, with Oblivion being much more colourful, fresh, and exciting. There were some elements of Morrowind that were better executed than Oblivion, such as the menus for example they were much cleaner and easier to use than Oblivions. I also preferred the way that you made people like you more in Morrowind too as it was no where near as tedious as Oblivions wheel thing. Another complaint i have about Morrowind was that it was unbelievebly glitchy (at least for me it was) and it just ruined the whole mood of the game with the glitches often resulting in getting stuck into a wall or something.

The Mog Ninja
03-07-2007, 11:50 AM
i LOVE THE WHEEL THING!!! ur a crazy man! and yeah the whole world is dark thing put me off at first but then i got the whole "Exploration is fun and exciting and u just don't know whats gonna happen next" type thing

Fatal Impurity
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I thing the wheel thing kinda sucks ass...i do like the fact as you get better in your personality skills that you get more abilities concerning the wheel...but that somehow doesnt justify the existence of the undeniably tedious wheel in the first place.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I picked up a copy of this game for five bucks and I cna't put it down. Anybody else think this game is just... epic?

For five bucks? I got it for fifteen Euros, and I thought I got a good deal.

Enjoy! :D

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Morrowind feeds my klepto side. See, Morrowind is more than a game - it's therapy.

Yew-Yevon
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
for me Morrowind was ok untill I started geting further into it. It became a real drag and the world had little life to it. I don't have acess to xbox live so no modds for me. I'v been trying to becom a warewolf for 9hrs and still have no luck on that isle.(the one to the northwest in the game of the year edition.) Once I got Freelancer Morrowind just colected dust.

Ryth
03-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Morrowind is impossible to put down, it is about time you got this. Everyone should play this game, it's an unforgettable experience.

Yew-Yevon
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
white,black,white,white,black, hold A =refills your helth when highlighted

Nominus Experse
03-08-2007, 05:39 PM
You dare cheat in a game you can already exploit easily? My god...

Yew-Yevon
03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
you want the stanima cheat too?

Madame Adequate
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
You dare cheat in a game you can already exploit easily? My god...

lol intelligence potion stacking

Spammerman
03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow, I cannot even i magine how many hundreds of hours I spent playing Morrowind. That game rocked! Oblivion is superior in every way but its missing the atmosphere somehow that Morrowind has.

Then Oblivion isnt superior in every way.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
white,black,white,white,black, hold A =refills your helth when highlighted

I've got lots of white keys on my keyboard, which one do I press? :p

Fatal Impurity
03-10-2007, 02:18 AM
I loved going into peoples homes and murdering them needlessly (ala GTA i might add)...this was somehow fun...and actually made it feel less restrictive.

Yew-Yevon
03-10-2007, 06:08 AM
My chick char is a Vampire DAMN IT! Now I'll never be a ware wolf!

Madame Adequate
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM
So which mods do people use (Presuming you have the PC version)?

Let's see, I have...

All the official mods, & Adamantium Shields
BetterHeads & BetterBodies
QuickCharGen
Three mods which revise/expand on birthsigns
Bank Mod
Carnithus' Armamentarium
Morrowind Advanced (V1.8)
GIANTS
Vivec Expanded
Vivec Restructured
Persuation Response V4
Gladiator
Creature Pack
Horatio's Casting
Levelled Magicka
Dodge
Wakim's Game Improvements
Hardcore Factions
Advanced Herbalism
Dracondros' Voice

And a bunch of small ones like Armigers at Ghostgate, and Delayed DB Attack

Edit: If you're looking for a fairly comprehensive list of mods, go to Telesphoros's List (http://www.mwmythicmods.com/telesphoros.htm). It wins.

Nominus Experse
03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Off the top of my head (I'm at the library at the moment):

All the official Mods, of course
Darker Morrowind
Better Bodies, Head, Clothes, and Beasts
Slof's Goth Shop I and II

And others that I can't recall by name, but deal with allowing Magicka regeneration, improved AI, textures and particle effects, improved lighting (so no mysterious shadows show up in the distance) expanded games, quests (LOL, like we need more...), items, private houses (that are more like castles), and one that made a tavern into what really looks like a medieval tavern - rambunctious and full of life.

Moon Rabbits
03-11-2007, 04:03 AM
Daggerfall > All of you~

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
You N'wah!

fantasyjunkie
03-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Daggerfall > All of you~

So true, so very true

Dragon Mage
03-12-2007, 12:49 AM
XD I just started playing Morrowind again a few days ago. After reading some char. creation guides and such, I finally understood what was expected of me. (before that, I was hopelessly confused) It's a great game and in fact, I want to play it right now. I can't because now my brother picked up on it after seeing me play. (darn) It's an awesome game that's as addicting as Diablo.

But do those darn assassins ever stop coming? They're getting to be a real pain. And I just got back from Mournhold; omg, everyone is sooo high level there, it isn't funny. I'm hoplessly outclassed there (at only level 5) And the whole 'disturbing dream' thing: what dream? Every time I go to sleep, some idiotic assassin wakes me up. So what's with the dream?

Araciel
03-12-2007, 12:59 AM
You N'wah!

S'WIT!

Madame Adequate
03-12-2007, 02:57 AM
XD I just started playing Morrowind again a few days ago. After reading some char. creation guides and such, I finally understood what was expected of me. (before that, I was hopelessly confused) It's a great game and in fact, I want to play it right now. I can't because now my brother picked up on it after seeing me play. (darn) It's an awesome game that's as addicting as Diablo.

But do those darn assassins ever stop coming? They're getting to be a real pain. And I just got back from Mournhold; omg, everyone is sooo high level there, it isn't funny. I'm hoplessly outclassed there (at only level 5) And the whole 'disturbing dream' thing: what dream? Every time I go to sleep, some idiotic assassin wakes me up. So what's with the dream?

You really want to get Delayed DB, so you can play the game awhile without being bothered by them (And why would the Dark Brotherhood be after some random nobody prisoner wandering around in mismatched chitin and iron gear anyway? O_o)

Laddy
03-12-2007, 01:09 PM
You N'wah!

S'WIT!
God, no, more nightmares...

nozkits
03-12-2007, 01:19 PM

lol I have been playing morrowind since my days in highschool.. It was great!!!! By the time the expansions came I was already lvl 45...

ITs good fun I liked Bloodmoon a little bit better than Mournhold.

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 09:15 AM
interesting...havent played that yet..im so intrigued by this..gotta try it out.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....

nozkits
03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I ave my own ship with a crew. I forgot which mod it was, but I loved it. I woud travel thhe seas, and bombard coastal cities then we would attack massacaring everybody... I lost 80% of my crew when we took over Ebonheart.. Te battle took 3 hours long(I did it at a low level lol)..

Then I got that companion mod were you can buy heros, and guards... I make a base in some random tomb in Solestheim, and haave guards protecting the outside with 1 ninja leading them, and I have 12 guards ont he inside, and several service npcs. The guards patrol.. Anytime I get a new recruit I do this test thingy with them.. Were We go to the frozen castle, and fight those little blue thingies... If he can survive it then that npc has earned the right to garrison inside Solestheim base of operations.... I have a pretty eccentric imagination..... This one time I used the console to simulate a werewolf attack on our base of operations within the tomb, and it was so freaking awesome. Seeing those guards(some were elite swordsman, and elite archers. To ordinators... To orcs, and to elves, and etc.. I always had 2 imperial guards, and 6 telvanni guards..

Anyway only 1 person died, and it was one of the many elves lol... I only have 1 Orc,and I like to pretend that he is the field commander over the guards..
I have a Smith, Trainer(all of them for all types of skills scattered around the tomb since all of the guards are always somewhere patrolling the tomb there are never any enemies because they are constantly killed.), then I have a service mage, and a merchant..

I've been having too much fun with the Tavern mod were you own a tavern outside of Ebonheart, and patrons come and go, and during certain times at night there would be this huge brawl.. You can throw bottles also :)

I'm glad I got Morrowind for my PC I've had it for my xbox since 2002... 2005 got it on PC..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting...havent played that yet..im so intrigued by this..gotta try it out.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....

Theres a huge learning curve(2 hours)

This is one of those games will you either love it or hate it. Its the decider on what type of gamer you are because Morrowind was the first of its kind. Literally just 100% non-linear.. So you have total freedomon that game, and not in a GTA way, but in a more realistic way.

BTW has anyone figured out how to avoid seeing a CLiff Racer ont his game? Once oyu see one its like there is a program that dupolicates these things like crazy... I've had a whole horde of them chase after me. Like 30 of them, and I ran them into Ebonheart XD... goodtimes.. Got to pretend like we were getting invaded, and the guards were helping me...

Yew-Yevon
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Dose anyone know the easiest way to become a warewolf or where I can find one?

nozkits
03-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Dose anyone know the easiest way to become a warewolf or where I can find one?

Play the bloodmoon main quest..

During the main quest you catcht he disease .. Now you can cure yourself of it after that attack otneh Ska village, and stay human or you can become a werewolf, and work for the Daedra God... I would say just cure yourself, and beat the mainquest because you get a ring that turns you into one, and you can turn back human so it isn't permament because being a were wolf is a pain, and if you are around a npc when it goes dark then the whole world knows you are one, and will attack you on site. So just beat bloodmoon, and then use that ring in the middle of nowhere so you can go on killing sprees... Forgot what it was called, but it was also on Daggerfall...

Dragon Mage
03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
You really want to get Delayed DB, so you can play the game awhile without being bothered by them (And why would the Dark Brotherhood be after some random nobody prisoner wandering around in mismatched chitin and iron gear anyway? O_o)

Get what? And that's a very good question. My brother's redguard wasn't attacked until he was level 5. They must like me or something, cause the first time I sleep, there's some dang assassin there, waving a dagger at me. (which is retarded. The reach of a claymore is SO much bigger than a puny dagger, XD)

But I'll cancel my previous question, I figured it out. Trippy dreams. The sort.

Now the REAL question is, is it worth spending the money to get the druegh armor or not? Hmmmmm, a tempting offer.......

Discord
03-15-2007, 02:45 AM
Got the Game of the Year addition with all add-ons. Never really beaten the game, but I think I've passed most "side-quest" after I've de-installed it for the 4th time.

I liked Oblivion quite a bit more, though I'd love playing Morrowind with Oblivion physics, effects AND recorded dialogues. Don't ask me why, but the later simply doubles the depth of the game if done properly.

EDIT: Oh right, Bloodmoon. Building the village was probably the best part of Morrowind ever!:p

nozkits
03-15-2007, 12:17 PM

To get the DArk Brotherhood off your tail just attack their base in Mournhold, and then kill their boss, and grab the note, and then talk to King Helseth, and thats it. They'll leave you alone for the rest of the game..

DeStyle
03-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I liked morrowind, heard it was good so I bought it.

The gameplay was like nothing I had ever experienced
before. At the beginning I was overwhelmed by al the locations
you could visit. I never really got to play much though for when
I was playing Oblivion got out, which was better in alot of ways.

Dragon Mage
03-17-2007, 05:49 AM
Thanks nozkits, but I figured it out: only 9 assassins come after you and then they wise up and leave you alone. idiots. Now I find myself in quite a predicament. I'm lvl 10 and about to embark on the journey for that stupid bow for the paranoid ashlanders. I do not feel ready for this.....:skull::skull::skull::skull:e. Every single guide tells you where to go but not what to expect! What kind of crap is this!!!!!

nozkits
03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks nozkits, but I figured it out: only 9 assassins come after you and then they wise up and leave you alone. idiots. Now I find myself in quite a predicament. I'm lvl 10 and about to embark on the journey for that stupid bow for the paranoid ashlanders. I do not feel ready for this.....:skull::skull::skull::skull:e. Every single guide tells you where to go but not what to expect! What kind of crap is this!!!!!

Dud eI was lvl 5 when I beat the main quest, and this was when I had it on xbox. ITs easy.. Just carry potions with you, and make sure you have a few scrolls just in case you get into a pinch. I think you grab the bow in a sixth house base or maybe it was an ashlander burial. ... I forget but its a cave...

Also the assasins will come back until you decide to destroy their HQ..

Dragon Mage
03-21-2007, 01:52 AM
mrh, thanks again. I'm level 13!!! Woot. yeah you get the bow in some ashlander burial, but I don't like the idea of trying to win against 5 greater bonewalkers. I hate those tards!!!! So, I will go with my own flawless advice; if in doubt, level. :D
And if the assassins come back......it will rain blood. But who cares about those little figlets anyways? All they do is help me gain levels (so thoughtful of them) It shouldn't be too hard now, since I got a mix of orcish and Indoril armor and the Dwarven claymore kills just about anything in one hit. :D And what kind of asskickin char did you have to complete the entire main quest by level 5!!??! Holy crap man, that's awesome!

Dragon Mage
03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Ok, many things.

1) I just gained 5 lvls (level 20!!!) by letting my char swim in balmora all night. just hit capslock and Q! I'm the fastest S.o.b. in the world!!!

2) How do I rescue that on Redoran guy's son? Everyone int the Venim manor has a full suit of Dwarven armor!!! HOly crap!!!

3) How do I raise my agility?

4) are there any good morrowind forums I can join so I don't keep pestering you guys?

Dragon Mage
03-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I hate ordinators

NINJA_Ryu
03-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Crimeney.

Morrowind..again!

Ive installed and de installed bout 3 times, just couldnt stay in! I was a major klepto, massacring whole cities of traders...then stuck with my tons of loot, but no buyers!

dark times indeed..

any tips on how to stay on focus/not get lost in such a huge game? Plus, some direction to "essential mods" is a must. ^^

Dragon Mage
03-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Erm, I can't help ya with the mods, but to stay focused, join House Redoran, or whatever, (I just joined Redoran because i'm a fighter) and the mages and fighters guild. Go on as many quests as possible. Focus on leveling and getting stronger.

Don't worry I need help too, but as you can see, the majority of them are silent. gits.