PDA

View Full Version : So how awesome if FFIII? I bought it, just havent delved into it yet...

Setharion
03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Now keep in mind...im an old schooler of FF ;) was there for the first on release in 87 with FF1 and the rest was history.

Gonna be starting III today, am i in for a treat? All the great music and details that make FF great all intact? :)

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 03:57 PM
You mean FFXII, no ?

Setharion
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
lol what? I got FFXII that i stopped playing after 90 hours...was fun at first but not FF to me, i dont like major overhauls like that.

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
FFXIII is not for sale. How did you get it ?

Nevermind! I see it is FF III. < blushes furiously >

Elpizo
03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I've played the game (and the original), and I was enormously pleased with FF III DS. The touch ups for the stoy are nice (the main characters I mean), the 3D looks good on the DS. And the music is, in my humble little opinion, GODLY! I know people disagree with me on this but... Headphones do miracles with this one. The story is obviously NES, but FF III had the best NES story anyway and the touch-ups they have given it make it pretty good.

If you love old-school, you're gonna love this. They kept everything as close to the original is possible. The difficulty is a small bit nerfed down compared to the NES, but it's still a relatively good challenge. Certainly harder than the more recent FF's.

There's only one thing that annoys me and that's how the Final Boss died. They kept everything like the original, but couldn't do the death-animation of the Final Boss right? AARGH, SE what were you thinking!

Setharion
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
All i know is that im freaking LOVING this...omg, this to me is final fantasy...makes me realize even more how much FFXII to me is a letdown, at least to me it is.

III is insane, ive got about 2 hours in and im blown away.

silentenigma
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
The story is obviously NES, but FF III had the best NES story anyway

eh, FFIIj.

--One Winged Angel--
03-07-2007, 12:18 AM
i got it the other day, and it really is a game not to miss. its so good, im only 6 hours in, and already its one of my new favorites, it far outshadows ffXII in my opinion.

and its alot harder than most ff iv played......not bein able to buy phoenix downs, not bein told excactly where to go next.....god iv missed games like this.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
I wish they would throw out more Final Fantasies for the NDS.

Elpizo
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM

eh, FFIIj.

Ah, the usual mistake.

Frostwake
03-07-2007, 07:45 AM

eh, FFIIj.

LOL, the usual mistake.

What? How can people always mistake FF versions? I mean.. FF II/IV and III/VI... It doesnt matter what the stupid american version calls it, the original is called X so call it X!

And what does FFIIj have to do with III? :confused:

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree. I hate the storyline for like all of the FFs that have the, save the crystals as the storyline. Exept for FFIII. But the good thing is, those are the only ones with the job system, exept for FFXI.

Peter_20
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Final Fantasy 3 for the NES is really good, no doubt the best FF for the NES.

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92817

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98759

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92817

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98759

I've played the first of each of those games. They never really caught my interest, I doubt I will buy those for my NDS.

But, I wish they would throw out some of the others.

FFVII, FFVII, VVIII, FFX, etc.

The Mog Ninja
03-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes, I'm sure FFVII and FFVII will be for the NDS. Also VVIII. But I do doubt that a PS2 game would be unmade for the NDS, due to the PS2's superiority.

BlueChaos
03-12-2007, 02:16 PM
The NDS is the number one selling system. PS2 has no superiority. Also, I doubt they will EVER make FFVII for NDS. EVER, they never remade it from its original, PS1 format. What makes you think its going to go straight to nintendo? Another thing, XIII is going for the PS3, not the PS2, or probably the NDS. Plus, what they hell do you mean "you doubt that a PS2 game would be unmade for the NDS, due to the PS2's superiority?" XIII is not coming out for like another year, not sure, have not done my research on it much. NDS probably will not even be around, by the time it gets popular. They do not take every single game like that, and just throw it on the NDS.

Well there are a few things wrong with that.

1, They are not going to directly take a PS2 game, and switch it over to a nintendo brand system.

2. I have no clue what your problem is, but NDS IS BETTER THAN PS2! Search up the sales on the internet. NDS is selling more. Yes, PS2 is still around, and that is good. But they are not better than NDS.

Sorry if all of this sounded rude, its just annoying how your always dissing on the NDS, and assuming all these things, you hardly know what your talking about...

Jowy
03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
While I love my DS to death, I can't play God of War or Guitar Hero on it. 8-)

Also the odds of FFVII coming to DS are as likely as pigs flying.

And for the sake of staying on topic, I have an illogical hatred of FFIII DS. ;o

Dragonface
03-12-2007, 09:21 PM
The NDS is the number one selling system. PS2 has no superiority. Also, I doubt they will EVER make FFVII for NDS. EVER, they never remade it from its original, PS1 format. What makes you think its going to go straight to nintendo? Another thing, XIII is going for the PS3, not the PS2, or probably the NDS. Plus, what they hell do you mean "you doubt that a PS2 game would be unmade for the NDS, due to the PS2's superiority?" XIII is not coming out for like another year, not sure, have not done my research on it much. NDS probably will not even be around, by the time it gets popular. They do not take every single game like that, and just throw it on the NDS.

Well there are a few things wrong with that.

1, They are not going to directly take a PS2 game, and switch it over to a nintendo brand system.

2. I have no clue what your problem is, but NDS IS BETTER THAN PS2! Search up the sales on the internet. NDS is selling more. Yes, PS2 is still around, and that is good. But they are not better than NDS.

Sorry if all of this sounded rude, its just annoying how your always dissing on the NDS, and assuming all these things, you hardly know what your talking about...

Your thinking of population. Superiority ment that its more powerful( PS2's 256 IS more powerful than NDS' 64) But to fully play FFVII takes 3 disks, FFVIII and FFIX each has 4 disks. Which they (7,8&9) will highly not be on NDS (FFT maybe).

BlueChaos
03-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Okay I get whats going on. Sorry for the missunderstanding.