PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Help

Angel_from_hell
03-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I am in big need of weapon help, the ones I have now is no good. So I thought that you guys could help me with some tips on weapons, which set of weapons are best? and were can you find them? I am curently at the Nam -Yensa sandsea.

Hazzard
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Well the best weapon you'll get in that area is at the tomb of raithwail. You'll have to beat a pretty hard enemy to get it first though...By the way it has 59 attack and will obviously be your best weapon at this point in the game!

Renmiri
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
You have to kill the first Demon Wall. Try quickenings

Angel_from_hell
03-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanx for the tip.

ValiantKnight
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmmm....

One "zone" out from the westgate, is the westersand(sp?).
If you chain wolves here in this zone and surrounding zones to a 20 chain, a rare monster called "Lindbur Wolf" appears in the dead end zone to the SW of the first zone.

You can steal a 45 Atk dagger from him, or follow the above posts for a 56 or 59 atk sword I believe.

Xurts
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
The weapons in the stores are fine. Buy those. If you find that you aren't doing much damage, then it's probably a problem with your licenses and equipment.

chrisguapo69
03-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Hopefully you didn't use your license points for weapons just yet. Better to get augments first. Use your LP for weapons when you actually have the weapon.

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Even at the Tomb of Raithwall, that weapon was crap. I had far advanced by then. I equipped it to that Ashe chick I never use because she is a pansy.

I have found crossbows and poles to be sufficient in attack damage.

Angel_from_hell
03-07-2007, 07:57 PM
So is it anything worth trying to get the weapon you get in the Tomb of Raithwall?

ValiantKnight
03-07-2007, 08:46 PM
it's not a huge increase, but may be worth it.
There is a slightly dangerous area that can be opened right after the tomb that allows you(if overleveled or lucky) to get weapons that dwarf it severely.

Also at 56 or 59? damage.. it's not alot stronger than the hammers that are sold before/after the tomb. Although hammers are random in damage.

If you want a sword that is probably 50%-100% stronger than the swords you are using now, and will be using for maybe 2~ story scenes to come.. then get it.

There are... 3 cities and 2 dungeons between your current location and being able to buy a sword equal to it.

There are 2 cities and 1-2 dungeon i think until you can buy something close to it(6 attack less)

Angel_from_hell
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
oh okay, thanx for the help.

Just one more question, handaxes are they any good?

Hazzard
03-08-2007, 06:59 PM
They are powerful weapons, but vary from strength of attack. The outcome is unpredictable of how much HP it will take away from an enemy.
I like em though, use them for Mr Basch!

Renmiri
03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
I use them on all but Fran and Balthier. I want a ranged weapon ofr each of my teams, so they get bows.

Xurts
03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
oh okay, thanx for the help.

Just one more question, handaxes are they any good?
I don't like them. They have high attack power, but the damage varies way too much for them to be reliable. I'd suggest using hammers instead, their damage is a bit more reliable.

ValiantKnight
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
On my first playthrough I fell in love with sledgehammer's power and added effect... Disable really helps on those weak to it when fighting something stronger than you.

Some of the marks were even disabled.

Course when the sledgehammer user got confused... :)
Oricahalum Dirk(slow) + Sledgehammer(Disable) + trying to remember what the third status effect weapon I used was....

But yes, in general I found hammers to be stable enough, although random.. to equal swords, and used a hammer-wielder from the first time you can buy one onward until close to the end.

Axes I never really got into using.. so I can't comment.