PDA

View Full Version : have you noticed...?

fifie
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
in ffx near the beginning (and i'm sure at other times) auron says something like "we called it sin" and then there's like an fmv and then after it is really clear that tidus is definitely saying something but no sound comes!! has anyone else noticed this, or is just my game, and could anyone tell me what he's saying?

Little Blue
03-06-2007, 07:16 PM
eh? Sin appears, you defeat its spawn, you get sucked up, you find yourself floating in an arena looking place (that's really the place you defeat Jecht at the end) inside sin, you then find yourself in Baaj.

Is the bit you speak of inside that range? If so, I'm pretty sure there's vocals when there's supposed to be vocals. You might just be seeing some dodgy lipsyncing from when they dubbed the english vocals.

Tavrobel
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Reading lips is very difficult for video games.

Otherwise, it's just a line they removed and forgot to undo the animation. No biggies.

KasaiDraco
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Oopsie game designers! Yeah, I noticed that too.

ReloadPsi
03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Probably wasn't relevant; the translators will have realised that everything said in the Japanese had already been said or something... you know how much longer Japanese sentences can be sometimes. Anyway, graphically Tidus actually looks worse in the FMV than in his realtime/battle graphics, which in comparison look really cool, so I tend not to look.

Renmiri
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Or Sin's "sucking" took the sound first ;)

fifie
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
ok cool, thanks, i'm glad other people have encountered this!

KasaiDraco
03-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Probably wasn't relevant; the translators will have realised that everything said in the Japanese had already been said or something... you know how much longer Japanese sentences can be sometimes. Anyway, graphically Tidus actually looks worse in the FMV than in his realtime/battle graphics, which in comparison look really cool, so I tend not to look.
Tidus' graphics are worse in the FMV?! I like his FMV graphic! How are they worse?

Renmiri
03-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Tidus' graphics are worse in the FMV?! I like his FMV graphic! How are they worse?

He looks like a girl on the FMVs

The Mog Ninja
03-08-2007, 08:25 AM

agreed

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
in ffx near the beginning (and i'm sure at other times) auron says something like "we called it sin" and then there's like an fmv and then after it is really clear that tidus is definitely saying something but no sound comes!! has anyone else noticed this, or is just my game, and could anyone tell me what he's saying?

I have the same thing happen. His mouth moves, and nuthin comes out. Probably a glitch with the way they translated it... to make the mouth move to our English tounge. White man speak wierd to people with wierd eyes (just kidding about this, no offense, just to have al little laugh at).

fifie
03-11-2007, 11:03 PM
yeah it's kinda weird and annoying, i always wonder what he would've said in the Japanese version...

tidus_rox
03-12-2007, 05:57 AM
Or Sin's "sucking" took the sound first ;)

Why are you so damn funny? I want to be just like you!! :(:(

Tavrobel
03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
No, I believe that your sense of humor is flawed. Now Cruise Control (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=15388) or PsyPie (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=5602); those are funny guys.

Dragonface
03-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Tidus did say 'Sin?'

Pouring Rain
03-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Well, I think I know why. I witnessed this in some of my other games. Usually, the mouthing of characters if made to mouth the japanese words (if they can actually pull that off, lol), and not english. Basically, the voices are put into the game, and they do nothing with mouths. Watch Advent Children. You'll see.

KasaiDraco
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM

I have to agree with that. He actually didn't look to girly when he was looking at Yuna during the Last Chapter FMV, though.