PDA

View Full Version : I created one of the greatest Job combos ever!

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:02 AM
....and that combo is MNK/DRG. Over the weekend my lil bro PL'd my MNK from level 1 -22(and I didn't party even once), because my DRG is at level 41 and I felt bad I was ahead of my bros and friend(real life friend, not online), and I wasn't playing with them as much as when we first started playing together. So I decided to take up MNK again(my other character, Rodrigo, was a MNK, but I neglected him ever since I created my 2nd character, Verlander, on a separate account)and my lil bro agreed to PL me with his level 58 WHM until my MNK reached the same level as his NIN, my older bro's NIN, and our friend's THF. Like I mentioned before, my lil bro PL'd my MNK from level 1 -22 and not even once did I party. Altogether it took about 3 days(13 hours in total). Anyways, the day came when my bros and friend will party. I was going to bring my MNK/WAR, but then I remembered I had a DRG level 41, so I told everyone I was going to sub that with my MNK. Everyone thought it was an interesting combination and couldn't wait it in action. I couldn't wait to see it in action myself. When we got our healer and our sixth(which was a Coursair), we headed to Qufim Island. The crabs were a too easy for us so went into the Tower to fight Giants. When we fought our first giant, I couldn't believe the damage I was doing! I was doing 20 -25 DMG with my fists and a regular Jump attack would about 60 -70 DMG. There were even times that I took hate away from my bros! Taking on these Giants were cake to us.

Well, that's my story:)

Yeargdribble
03-07-2007, 03:19 AM
The best subs for any melee from 20-30 DRG and RNG. DRG tends to be the better sub for 2handed weapon jobs while RNG tends to be better for the rest.

Jump damage is incredible for 2handed weapon jobs. Aside from that, it's a very large amount of free TP every 1.5m. On top of that, you get Attack Bonus (atk+10) from DRG starting at 20.

RNG gives you accuracy bonus, which is arguably better for one handed weapon wielders because not only will their Jump damage be lower, but they will get less TP return for their Jumps as well. You can achieve a better DoT from RNGs Accuracy Bonus. (Acc+10... that's a PCC o.O).

However, starting at 30, both jobs lose their utility as a sub when new abilities become available from subs. Primarily Berserk from WAR and SA from THF.

Bahamut2000X
03-07-2007, 04:21 AM
I've heard of /DRG being viable even past 30, but it primarily involves the haste gear from the DRG as sub latent effect sets.

Overall though yeah, it's what I did for SAM and DRK those levels (forgot to do it with my PUP though. Doh.) and it worked really well. As my DRK I could even out TP gain the SAM in my static most of the time. He was a tad angry about that. :D

No.78
03-07-2007, 05:19 PM
When I trained warrior in the 20's I subbed DRG with great axe, it was cool but I couldn't hit anything. Guess it's different being MNK tho...

Would BST/DRG be any good post 20 d'you think?

ScottNUMBERS
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Would BST/DRG be any good post 20 d'you think?

Since Beastmasters mostly solo (In fact unless you want to seek for days on end you pretty much have to go solo - 38 levels, and I can count my invites for the entire time on one hand.) BST/DRG would be so incredibly difficult to play. You'd need some RHP+ food (Say goodbye to Tuna Sushi), a Gelong staff and stacks of HP regen drinks and you'd still have to avoid getting hit as much as possible - the Atk. Bonus would make you get hit alot more, which is very undesirable when you have a sub that can't restore/avoid damage.

In parties the Atk. Bonus would be pretty useful if you are using a Scythe, though I'm not sure if Dual Weild will make for better damage results since a Beastmaster's Axe skill is rated higher than Scythe. I'd say subing DRG becomes obsolete after 30 when you can Sub Warrior for a much more beneficial attack bonus; Berserk.

To top that all off your invite rate would be absolutely ridiculous, to the inviter you are a 23LOL/11LOL.

Lionx
03-08-2007, 12:40 AM
If you couldnt hit anything, then most likely other jobs cant hit anything, then that means, switch camps.

Subbing NIN at 20 offers nothing really impressive...Dual Wield is nice but if you miss one hit, you will gain less TP than hitting with one weapon since Damage Delay is recalculated when Dual Wielding....only thing useful is Utsusemi at 24...and at those levels i personally dont find it that useful unless you are doing long pulls or are bad at running back to the camp as i dont remember any particular mob outside of Gob Smithies that run faster than you at the lower levels.

As for BST, sub WHM, its probably for the best, especially with the new update...no TP loss is godly for them. Besides you want your pet tanking, not you :3

Del Murder
03-08-2007, 02:38 AM
One day I want to invite a bst to a party, but none in my level are ever searching. I wonder if the other 3 members would yell at me for it.