PDA

View Full Version : Oh god how the memories fly

Diango12
03-07-2007, 03:03 AM
During my last vacation I happen to speak to my cousin who is very fond of me. He mentioned all the things we used to do when we were little kids (around 7 years old). One forgotten memory was certainly interesting. Apparently when we were small I used to be an extremely feisty and devious kid. In our neighborhood I would get together with him and convince him to "pinch passing girls butts" XD

The memory is somewhat familiar I'll admit, I just don’t know what came over me. Iam a completely different person now.

So how many people here can remember there childhood when they had a completely different personality? And yes I am ashamed of myself

:moomba:

Momiji
03-07-2007, 03:07 AM
I didn't know memories could fly.

Roto13
03-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Up until I was about 10 I was incredibly different from what I am now. You wouldn't believe it.

Well, you might.

Momiji
03-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Up until I was about 10 I was incredibly different from what I am now. You wouldn't believe it.

Well, you might.

Probably.

kikimm
03-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Come on Justin, post us a memory!

I'm not that different from when I was a kid, I don't think. I was a lot more timid, though. I was even more afraid of giving my opinion. I wouldn't disagree with anybody. If I found out that my friends didn't like a certain food that I did, I wouldn't bring it to school ever again, and I'd tell them that I didn't like it either. I specifically remember doing that with V8. Man.

XxSephirothxX
03-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Well, on top of the starry-eyed innocence and cheerfulness of youth that I've lost as I got older, I remember that I was much more talkative and expressive when I was younger. I'll still talk plenty with my friends, but beyond that, not so much.

Iceglow
03-07-2007, 03:39 AM
As a kid I had some serious anger issues I couldn't control my temper and would get in fights without real provocation or cause. I've changed and now fight when I HAVE to and only then but when I do have to fight I fight to win so brutal fast tactics.

Momiji
03-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Oh fine.

Let's see...I remember waking up...and almost falling out of bed...and almost falling asleep at school...

..oh wait. That was today.

*farther back in time here...*

Umm...I remember being terrified of thunderstorms. I was always afraid that I was going to be hit by lightning. Also, I remember being absolutely horrified by tornadoes. My mom says that I threw up for some reason when the warning siren went off.

Today, neither bother me at all.

Happy now kikimm? :cry:

Diango12
03-07-2007, 03:47 AM
I remember being terrified of thunderstorms. I was always afraid that I was going to be hit by lightning.

Getting hit by lightning has been my fear since I can remember. A hysteria always comes over me if iam outside during a lightning storm. And its not the fact that its loud or etc but because I know that in any second I could get hit without any warning without any chance to get away once iam targeted iam a goner :cry:

That’s why people sometimes can see me hoping and scurrying around for shelter in a thunderstorm.

Marluxiaswife
03-07-2007, 03:56 AM
when i was younger i was a butthole, i would be mean to my friends at times and only think of myself. I would yell at my friend and would make up lies to cover them up, Now i'm nicer and funner i get along with my friend better i told her i'm sorry for what i did in the pass and she forgave me.

I like how i acted now more than in the past, but i enjoyed the pasted more though :(

oddler
03-07-2007, 04:02 AM
I was super duper shy as a kiddo. I remember pretty much being a mute through most of elementary school and middle school. :p I'm still shy but not hardly that bad.

Araciel
03-07-2007, 04:17 AM
i'm taller

Ko Ko
03-07-2007, 04:41 AM
I remember. When I was a little girl, up to 6 years of age, I was always afraid of my father, so I was very timid and shy. I never spoke, and all I did was sit on my mother's lap and frown at people. My mother has a few videos of my childhood, mostly focused on my rambunctious brother, but you can always see me sitting on her lap with some stuffed animal clenched in my arms.
Funny story: When I was a baby, if my brother came within 2 feet of me, I'd start screaming and throwing things at him. He'd always run to my mother saying "I didn't touch her!"

When I was about 7-11, I was also very, very shy, and everyone thought I was stuck up because I wouldn't talk to them.

After that, my father went to other countries so I came out of my shell. Now I don't live anywhere near him (He is in Singapore) So I am fine.

Griff
03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I used to be the town nerd.

Now I'm the town's emo nerd...

theundeadhero
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
As a child I was very hyper and would talk nonstop. I remember getting my name on the board every single day for talking too much when I wasn't supposed to and being proud of it. I started to grow out of that about middle school. Now I couldn't be considered hyper at all, and I don't talk much unless I'm in small groups with just a few of my friends. Real friends, not just associates".

Agrias
03-12-2007, 07:33 AM
haha! i used to play cars, and when my brother wanted a new car he'd tell me to go ask cause i was cute and little, MWAHAHAH!

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 07:37 AM
If I met the younger, weaker, smaller version of myself today, I would fucking crush his skull and watch as his brains leak slowly out of his burst orbits.

MikeL Valentine
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
As a kid I had some serious anger issues I couldn't control my temper and would get in fights without real provocation or cause. I've changed and now fight when I HAVE to and only then but when I do have to fight I fight to win so brutal fast tactics.

I had the same problem I was very violent without reason something that has changed now not much though..

Well if I have a memory I have LOTS of memories but I can't say them can I? :p
I can tell you one: when I was younger I was going into other people homes and watching TV when I was at my mother's village because my grandmother didn't had a good TV and I had problems watching Cartoons, can you imagine? I was getting in other people houses without asking and watching TV just like that:eek: but fortunately for me they were all good people and anyway what could they possibly say to a child 7 or 8 years old :D

Bunny
03-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I was friendly, optimistic, and extremely shy. I also wasn't as paranoid as I am now. I actually cared about other people and what they thought about me and in general. I had a lust for life, I suppose you could say. I got along great with everyone, and still kind of do, and enjoyed their presence and just being around people. This all changed in between my ninth and tenth grade year of high school, some drastically and some just a tiny bit.

No.78
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm the opposite of what I was! When I was a kid I was ugly, homophobic, crap and generally uncaring, more outgoing too.
Then I hit puberty and was like "oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:"

Jess
03-12-2007, 04:20 PM
I was a lot more shy than I am now.

DK
03-12-2007, 04:28 PM
I was a lot more shy than I am now.

That's because you're an alcoholic now. :jess:

Rocket Edge
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I remember always being friendly towards people, and i was usually optimistic & happy. I can't really spot a clear differance other than i'm not as wild as i was, and through growing up i've matured, especially in the last few years.

Tifa Valentine
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I worried a lot when I was younger. I always wanted to get good grades and I always put school before my friends. I went home early once in fourth grade because I was sick and I fell asleep for almost three hours. When I woke up I jumped out of bed and ran to my back pack thinking, 'oh no! I have that math class tomorrow! I need to do my homework!!'

I never realized I was such a freak! :freak:

Roto13
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Ask Giga Guess what he used to be like. :P

Mitch
03-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I was British.

The horror.

BarelySeeAtAll
03-16-2007, 10:56 PM
you should not be ashamed. am sure many young boys were like that haha
now, well, i used to be sooooo sweet and innocent...and blonde *shudder*
now am not like that at all, am an evil-thoughted sheep (not cow) and if anything i should be ashamed of myself now

KentaRawr!
03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Mario Kart 64.

Yep, that's pretty much it for me. I'm a stupid youngling.

Jojee
03-17-2007, 06:38 AM
I can't say I've changed much. ^_^

I used to be a lot more studious, but I really had no choice cos' my parents didn't let me do anything else. :p Oh when I discovered the internets.

Xaven
03-17-2007, 07:57 AM
I was a little fairy for my first 9 years, then I was a repressed fairy, and then I was secretly addicted to pr0nz for all of junior high. Last year, I degraded myself into the typical teenager scene trying to fit in with idiot buddies that didn't matter, but that was fixed mostly by mid-second semester. Now here I am today hanging out with the geek squad at school. The female geek squad. <3

Oh, so it's memories you want? Well, let's see: I borked the Mac OS 8 computers in 4th grade by moving all of the startup files (and everything else) around so nobody could find them. The computer could never boot up again. :]

I spent most of my childhood wasting away in front of the television watching Nick and Cartoon Network. :P I wish I had done something productive.

snacks
03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Then: Shy, socially conscious, fat.

Now: Shy, socially conscious, thin(er)

Not much difference.
Oh I played more video games then too.