PDA

View Full Version : Gil Snapper/Paradise Risen

daniel85
03-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Hey, I haven't accepted this hunt yet and I'm near the end of the game. I'd like to do this hunt, but its no longer raining in the Giza Plains. How do I do this hunt? Or can I even...

Thanks.

ValiantKnight
03-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Giza is a rotating cycle of rain/dry

There is a Seeq(sp?) at Southgate that will tell you when/how long the dry or rains are off from coming. If it isn't rains, then you need to see the Seeq, see how long it is.. then go do something for a few minutes, then come back.

Or so I guess.

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Also, remember that you will need to get the rain to fall the hardest in the Tracks of the Beast area. To do this, just enter and re-enter until it's finally raining hard enough.

Sometimes you're lucky and it rains hard enough relatiely soon, or like me, you can spend an hour entering and re-entering the damned place...

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 04:37 PM
heh, I'm thinking i should do that now-i just beat Ring Wrym, it's one of those monsters which have a lot of HP and give you a challenge!
BTW which do you think is harder, R.W or Gil Snapper?

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 04:48 PM
They're both easy

ValiantKnight
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Easy at level 18? or easy at level 35? or easy at level 50?

Easy is determined by level, gear, skill(somewhat...), and license point distribution...

That being said... I just beat RW at 27 on my replay.. and it was a tad difficult, but not too terrible. Breath hitting for 1000 to everyone is a little rough when you only have 1900 hp. Having less than 100MP/mana on everyone because I don't have any mist quickenings on anyone but vaan on that playthrough also makes the battle longer. Less MP = more charging.

If I remember right, gil snapper uses level 2 elemental spells and also does an area of effect stomp type attack.. his usual damage is in the 250-600 range?

However you do have an extra helper for Gil that you don't have for Ring... so Gil is probably easier.

No.78
03-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Ugh, Gil Snapper... I hate that thing, but you're at the end of the game so you should find it easy.

Renmiri
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
He was a pushover at level 40

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 08:10 PM
The Gil Snapper is weak to Fire, too, so he is most likely the easier of the two.

ValiantKnight
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Not to sound picky or just like a jerk, though I probably already do. However alot of the spells and weapons/armor in this game are only available past certain parts of the story.

ie... for instance not to pick on Renmiri, but level 40 can vary alot, between wearing Maximillian armor, weilding deathbringers, with bubble belts, and all magic unlocked at the end of the game. Farmed alot of LP in low exp places like Lhusu and got money from there as well. Then the player is coming back to beat gil snapper...

or..

Overleveled to 40 in the early game on werewolves maybe and tried gil snapper when it becomes available, but only have cura/etc that is available then, and haven't got bubble belts, bravery, faith, etc...
Also only have shop bought weapons and armor... nothing special.

The first option will totally and utterly destroy the gil snapper without a second thought..

The latter might have alot of trouble, but overleveling to 40 at that point would probably give a substantial gil bonus, so armor and weapons should be up to par :)

Just saying theres alot more to consider than just "level X"

Level X with 15 defense armor, 40 damage weapons, no augments, level 2 healing, level 1 elemental spells, no bubble/faith/bravery.. is different from
Level X with 58 defense armor, 100 damage weapons, full license board, all spells, etc...

Bubble alone makes a huge boost to being able to take marks. Protect and Shell as well.

Sorry for being the jerk :(
/hides from everyone

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
nahh you weren't a jerk, you just proved a good point!

Renmiri
03-07-2007, 09:48 PM
nahh you weren't a jerk, you just proved a good point!

Ditto.

You are correct, in FFXII Weapons, buffers, Armor and accessories make a huge difference, as do the right strategy for the right monster. :love:

ValiantKnight
03-08-2007, 05:12 AM
For RW, I think his breath is fire based. equipment that reduces fire damage might be ideal. He uses immobilize, so jackboots may be in order.
The best defense armor you can get helps always :)
Don't remember if he pierced block, but if he didnt, then you might want to train shield block licences to help.. or just in general. Shell and Protect help a bit, but he acts pretty fast, so you may not have time to redo them mid battle.

He puts out some nice damage when I try him in the mid 20s... barely able to keep up with it at times, but if you head past Giza to the next city, you might get a little better armor, then come back and kill him. He's a rough monster when you get the bill.

Same for Gil Snapper, except he is a little weaker in my opinion... except for his last 20% where his speed seems to increase.

Nominus Experse
03-08-2007, 05:26 AM
The Gil Snapper is susceptible to Slow.

Renmiri
03-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Ring Wirm can't attack from a distance. Use Bows and Magick :D

Nekhbet
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
The hardest part is finding him.

I'm at level 65 and I still haven't found him.

No.78
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
You'll be fine I beat gil snapper at 30something

Icerose2300
03-15-2007, 03:50 AM
I am at a level 33 and I get SO stinkin' close to killing off the Gil Snapper before he does me in, Not cool. I think I am going to level up to about a 38 or so then kill the M.F. once and for all!

Renmiri
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
What equipment and buffers are you using ? As VK said above, they make a big difference!

ValiantKnight
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
If slow sticks to him, are you using it? Usually tips the battle alot when slow actually sticks.

Icerose2300
03-16-2007, 01:56 AM
I used slow, But then it wears off and when I re-cast it, It doesn't stick! I am using the highest weapons in the game so far, I haven't been to Archades just yet. I want to build up pretty high before I go there so I have the up hand! Since yesterday I have leveled up to a 35 for all my characters, I don't like to have some lower then others. I have done a few more hunts and I explored the Caverns a little, Not too far in though.

Renmiri
03-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Archades is just a town with good shops the dungeon is at Draklor Labs, after you get all the chops. You should visit ARchades to buy some good stuff

Aurons_Desciple
03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Can i just go back one screen if the gil snapper isn't there?

Renmiri
03-17-2007, 12:51 AM
sure

Icerose2300
03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I finally did it! I defeated that stinkin' turtle! I was at a level 38, I went to Draklor, Which Cid was a piece of cake ( at level 35 ) I walked allllll the way from Bal. Port back to Rabanastre, and did the hunts down in the waterway and then did the Antlion Infestion ( That was tough )! Th en since it was the rains in Giza, I killed off the Gil Snapper! Boy do I fell good. Did this all since March 15, Minus 2 days I was outta town!

Renmiri
03-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Wow!

Antlion is a lot tougher than Cid !!!!

Icerose2300
03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
The fight against Cid was so easy, I blinked my eyes and he was defeated!
I could have done it at a lower level, but then that would have made it a tad bit more diffcult!

Remedy
03-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Also, remember that you will need to get the rain to fall the hardest in the Tracks of the Beast area. To do this, just enter and re-enter until it's finally raining hard enough.

Sometimes you're lucky and it rains hard enough relatiely soon, or like me, you can spend an hour entering and re-entering the damned place...

rains harder :confused:
I was giving up hunting that Gil Snapper just last night :tongue:
guess I'll give it a try tel it rains harder.
and the Ring Wrym was a pain in the ---

back to the hunt - cheers ;)

-------

YEAH MAN GIL SNAPPER HAS VANQUISHED!
it took me three rounds Mist to vanquished it.

tyrekinyl
12-01-2007, 03:00 AM
If you try and go after the marks when they become available, the Gil Snapper is way harder. I beat them both and I'm lvl 18. The ring wyrm went down pretty easily:

http://forumseyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/99270-mob-hunt-ring-wyrm.html#post2365305 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/99270-mob-hunt-ring-wyrm.html#post2365305)

but the Gil Snapper was a real pain. A few things did help though:
-Use a gambit (Ally:any) to cast regen on your friend adventurer. Keeping him alive is the real secret to beating him.
-Be sure to blind the Gil Snapper
-I had Basch with the Demonsbane, the Shell shield and the manufactured nethecite. He was able to survive the ice spells pretty well. Berserk Basch and he can do some pretty good damage, too.
-With Basch and the friend up close, the gil snapper won't be able to touch the rest of your crew. Just stand back, run around, and heal like crazy.
-The first half of the Gil Snapper's HP went down pretty easily, but as he gets closer to death his spells have no delay and get nastier, so I got nastier too and started spamming Quickenings. It took me 5 ethers and 1 elixer (ran out of ethers) worth of quickenings before he finally died.
He's a pain, but he is doable!

Leeza
12-01-2007, 04:18 AM
tyrekinyl, please check post dates before posting. This thread is too old to be brought back up. Thank you.