PDA

View Full Version : FFVI

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Is FFVi for the gameboy advance a remake of another FF? I was reading on FFVI, than read the FFVI gameboy advance storyline. They were completely different, leaving me confused.

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Is FFVi for the gameboy advance a remake of another FF? I was reading on FFVI, than read the FFVI gameboy advance storyline. They were completely different, leaving me confused.

FF VI is a port of the SNES version with addition of 4 new Espers and a Bonus Dungeon. The script has been re-written, but the storyline hasn't changed

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
So it is kind of like FFIII for the NDS? Just added features, but bassicly the same game>?

Flying Mullet
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
So it is kind of like FFIII for the NDS? Just added features, but bassicly the same game>?
No, FFIII on the DS is FFIII. FFIII that came out on the SNES is actually FFVI. There were numbering issues in the US due to the fact that only some of the Final Fantasy games were released in the US.

Original Japanese ReleaseOriginal US releaseUS "Re-release" with proper nameFFIFFIFFIFFIINever ReleasedFFIIFFIIINever ReleasedFFIIIFFIVFFIIFFIVFFVNever ReleasedFFVFFVIFFIIIFFVIFFVIIFFVIIFFVII

After FFVI the Final Fantasies were all released with the same number in Japan and the US.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Something to do with technology. I do not really remember. I was doing some research on Final Fantasy in general. Ran across this one. Than I was on game stop, and found out that they had the game for the game boy. I was thinking of buying it, because I am trying to get Final Fantasies, 1-6 for my NDS.

Crossblades
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Something to do with technology. I do not really remember. I was doing some research on Final Fantasy in general. Ran across this one. Than I was on game stop, and found out that they had the game for the game boy. I was thinking of buying it, because I am trying to get Final Fantasies, 1-6 for my NDS.

Get them. You won't be disappointed. FF I&II DoS and FF IV are going for $20 if i'm not mistaken, but V and VI are still $30

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I think I understand now. About the release dates. I know that US changed the names for Final Fantasy. But I knew that like, two was six, things like that. I actually try to avoid those games, and that is another reason I was checking up on three.

Flying Mullet
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry if I confused you with my statement. FFIII on the DS is the original FFIII that came out on the Famicom, not the FFIII that was released on the SNES (which was actually FFVI).

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Yes. I know about things like that. Yes I was a bit confused, but I figured out what you meant. So now days, if you get any FF, for the game boy advance, that had a different US launch name, would be closer to the version in japan. It would also be the correct number, right?

Flying Mullet
03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, any gameboy release (and PSOne release) of a Final Fantasy will have the correct name/number.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Okay with that being said, if I see any on the gameboy, I should pick it up, without worrying what number it really is.

Hazzard
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
gosh you lot are lucky, cause in UK we still haven't got FFV or FFVI Advance. BTW does anyone know when the release of VI will be in Europe?

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Someone can probably find out. If you have wikipedia you can try using that.

Flying Mullet
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah, if you see any for gameboy, go for it.

Here's the list:
Gameboy Advance
Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls - FFI and FFII
Final Fantasy IV Advance - FFIV
Final Fantasy V Advance - FFV
Final Fantasy VI Advance - FFVI

Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy III - FFIII

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I have, Three, and Five. So im going to buy the ones in between that I have not gotten yet.

03-08-2007, 04:51 AM
And don't forget the other gameboy games-- Final Fantasy Legend I, final fantasy legend II, final fantasy legend III, and final fantasy adventure.

(just wanted to confuse him more)

Bunny
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
They bear the Final Fantasy name but they are parts of the SaGa and Seiken Densetsu series.

BlueChaos
03-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Yea I was going to ask what those were. But Bunny, you already answered my questions.

I think that I am going to buy Final Fantasies, one through six for now. Than when I get a different job, buy seven, through twelve. Than I will have them all, excluding the stupid crystal chronicles, and the even dumber, tactics. I hardly consider them FF's. Sure they share the same name, have the same jobs and the such, but they really have no storyline, they do, but its not in depth, like the other ones.

Flying Mullet
03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
excluding ... the even dumber, tactics. I hardly consider them FF's. Sure they share the same name, have the same jobs and the such, but they really have no storyline, they do, but its not in depth, like the other ones.
I don't think you've played FFT. You are probably thinking of FFTA on GBA. FFT on PSOne has one of the most engrossing stories and greatest replayablility due to the job system of any game Square has ever made.

BlueChaos
03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
I've actually played both games. I liked FFVII, when I first played it, but not so much anymore.

Jowy
03-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, did you actually play FFT or just give up at Dorter Trade City? :monster:

LoKuS
03-09-2007, 08:59 PM
and the even dumber, tactics.
OMG!!! i cant believe this guy just said that...... SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!!!!!!

Zora
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM
And don't forget the other gameboy games-- Final Fantasy Legend I, final fantasy legend II, final fantasy legend III, and final fantasy adventure.

(just wanted to confuse him more)

FF legends I-III were not Final Fantasy games. I believe they were Mana games, just had FF in their American name to sell more.

Flying Mullet
03-14-2007, 09:33 PM
FF legends I-III were not Final Fantasy games. I believe they were Mana games, just had FF in their American name to sell more.
Bunny answered this in the next post.

Orophin
03-15-2007, 12:50 AM
excluding ... the even dumber, tactics.

:eek:

I agree with Crystal Chronicles, but Tactics? It's one of the best FF game IMO.