PDA

View Full Version : Header file missing

Moon Rabbits
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Through the process of being an idiot I accidently saved over my string.h file with another one that doesn't work. Does anyone know where I can obtain the original string.h file that comes with Dev-Cpp, without reinstalling the entire compiler?

crono_logical
03-09-2007, 12:43 AM
You could probably recreate it from string.c, since a header file is effectively the .c file, but with only the functions defined and without content or inner workings to allow including it without needing to include the gory details of the used function, if I remember correctly - C++ isn't something I've played with much though :p You could compare other .c and corresponding .h files to see how they reflect each other :p

This is assuming MS lets you have string.c anyway, otherwise probably better to reinstall, or copy from an installation on another computer :p

Moon Rabbits
03-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Bleh, I tried copying various string headers and libraries into seperate .h and .cpp files, but nothing worked like the original because these were all custom string libraries, or trimmed libraries.

I just reinstalled, probably better that way too since my DevCpp folder was all messy.