PDA

View Full Version : MOBOS

chrisfffan
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Music Of Black Origin awards what do you think about them? To me it seem stupid that theirs a black awards for singers when the best black singers get awarded things at other ceremony’s I mean imagine a MOWOS ha ha its so stupid and its funny when they get up on the stage and say this is for the kids from the ghetto a place they have never seen a lot of the time.

charliepanayi
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
*sigh* this is always trotted out as an argument and it doesn't hold water.

Yeah but there's stuff like the NME awards where the vast majority of winners and nominees are white (so they may as well be MOWOs), it's just dependent usually on what type of music is represented by the awards in question.

And it's music of black origin, which means white people can still get nominated and win stuff - like Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Amy Winehouse etc.

The main point is that music awards are the same as most awards - they usually stink anyway.

MJN SEIFER
03-08-2007, 06:41 PM
MOBOs MOWOs and...MOFOs? (http://chrismoyles.yellowcheese.com/mw/funny-bits_2006-09-21_text-gmtv.mp3)

blim
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
they all just celebrate whatever is popular rather than celebrating musicians who push the boundaries of music so they are all irrelevant as far as i am concerned. I have no problem with having award ceremonies for specific genres or even from a specific background, only problem tho is that MOBO should include just about all music as really only classical music isn't of black origin.