PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2007 Rpg release calendar heating up!

Dragonsoul
03-07-2007, 11:13 PM
We are discovering gradually which top rpg's will come out in the fall of this year. We just found out that three Mistwalker games are coming out this fall! The Fall season will be much better than the Spring season of this year. I will list all of the top rpg's coming out, and list when the roughly announced release date is and when they will probably actually come out. For example, Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard was listed for summer quarter(Jul/Aug/Sep) but I think it'll come out in early August to seperate itself from Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest Swords, and Fable 2. These are just partially educated guesses for fun so we can all see how the release schedule for the fall is going to turn out.

Fall season, chronological order...
Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard - Early August[PS 2]
(Announced for summer quarter[jul/aug/sep], but probably early August to get out there before Blue Dragon/Dragon Quest Swords/Fable 2?)
Blue Dragon - Late August[August 27th][Xbox 360]
(Announced for August, probably August 27th, high profile weekend, like Xenosaga 3/Disgaea 2 was last year)
Dragon Quest Swords - Mid/Late Sep[Wii]
(Not announced but probably fall, probably Sep/Oct to not compete with the early/late fall titles, between Blue Dragon and Fable 2 to space out those competing Xbox 360 titles. I'm thinking mid/late Sep.)
Fable 2 - Late Sep or Oct[Xbox 360]
(Not announced but probably fall, probably Sep/Oct to not compete with the early/late fall titles. I'm thinking late Sep or anytime in Oct.)
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix - Late Oct[PS 2]
(Not announced but probably fall this year. Probably late Oct or during Nov because this is a huge release and will get a prime spot during that time period. I am actually thinking Late Oct so it can get out before Square Enix's other huge game Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and give FF: RW the primetime mid/late November spot)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Mid/Late Nov[DS]
(Not announced but probably fall this year. Probably late Oct or during Nov because this is a huge release and will get a prime spot during that time period. I am actually thinking Mid/Late Nov so that it is able to let Square Enix's other huge game Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix come out. Square Enix will probably give a better launch date to FF: RW rather than KH II: FM.)
The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles - Mid/Late Nov[PS 3]
(Not announced but probably fall this year. Probably during mid/late Nov because this is a huge release and mid/late Nov is the best specific time for rpg's, like Zelda(Action rpg) was last year on Nov 19th and The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine was on Nov 21st last year. Also note that the Xbox 360 and PC will have already released this title by March so this PS 3 release of this game may not get a super high profile Mid/Late Nov release date but could come out earlier than that, also in atleast in part because the PS 3 community won't want to wait for this game.)
Lost Odyssey - Early/Mid Dec[Xbox 360]
(Announced for December around Christmas. I am not sure what time in December though because it could come early. Probably needs to come out at a seperate time from ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, another Mistwalker title. They anounced this would come out first so I am thinking early/mid December to give some space.)
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat - Mid/Late Dec[DS]
(Announced for December around Christmas. I am not sure what time in December though because it could come late. Needs to come out at a seperate time from Lost Odyssey, another Mistwalker title. They anounced this would come out after it so I am thinking mid/late December to give some space.)

NeoCracker
03-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Blue dragons schedualed for June.

Dragonsoul
03-08-2007, 12:10 AM
That's what I read earlier, June 1st, on it's Wikipedia article. But Rpgamer.com released this article on March 6th...

Mistwalker Scoring Hat Trick in North America
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/030607b.html
"The first will be Blue Dragon for the Xbox 360. ... It will be hopping the pond in August."
So apparently they changed the release date from June 1st to August, or the June 1st date was never accurate. Where did that June 1st date come from?

XxSephirothxX
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
There was never an officially announced release date for the US, that I know of, until the August one, which was just announced yesterday or the day before.

Yuriev's ghost
03-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Not interested in any of those games besides FFXII:RW and only because it's for a platform I actually own.

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I was at EB Games earlier, and there archives say its June. IT may have changed and they didn't update it yet though. They've had a june release for a while.

Dragonsoul
03-09-2007, 12:01 AM
I got Blue Dragon's release date from Wikipedia.org article on it. Anyways, another top DS title is coming out, ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat. It's a tactical rpg by Mistwalker, who also are creating Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Cry On(not sure what their next project is, maybe a Chrono Cross sequel I hope.). ASH is schedule to come out in December, but so is Lost Odyssey, by them, and will come out after Lost Odyssey. So look for ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat in mid/late December. I'm happy!

I'm annoyed, it takes a ton of work to beat these new top rpg's but I also want to beat the old top rpg's I never beaten yet and are on my backlog. Specifically Radical Dreamers, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and Vagrant Story, gargh! :)

XxSephirothxX
03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
EB has a bad tendency to just guess when a game will be released and post it up like it's fact. You can usually tell if they set it to a release like the first day of the month. For instance, they list Halo 3 as being launched on November 1st, but Microsoft hasn't yet announced an official release for the game.

NeoCracker
03-09-2007, 12:34 AM
Not really surprised.

Dragonsoul
03-09-2007, 01:21 AM
A positive effect of Blue Dragon being released on August(probably Tuesday August 27th!) is that it gives me an ability to take my time with Final Fantasy XII, Rogue Galaxy, Alundra 1, and Mass Effect during this Spring and Summer. Also, I might be less interested in Mass Effect, it seems like a 3rd person shooter rpg, very similar to an action game or a first person shooter. Part of me is like: "Is this an Rpg?". Lost Odyssey is cool! :D

JKTrix
03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I think people are skewed to what an 'RPG' is because of the abundance/popularity of Japanese styled games. Play Knights of the Old Republic.

Mass Effect is currently the most interesting RPG of the year--partly because it's a completely different style than the others by a high caliber developer, and mostly because it will be here sooner :P

Dragonsoul
03-10-2007, 06:29 AM
The rpg's released in the primetime of the spring are the Oblivion stuff and Super Paper Mario. The rpg's released in the primetime of the fall season are Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, and the Oblivion stuff.

Mass Effect is cool, but I want to see more specific gameplay. I want to see in the gameplay movies how the person walks around in a non-battle situation. I saw movies, fighting, and talking movies thing. I'll research more.

Slothy
03-10-2007, 01:48 PM
I think people are skewed to what an 'RPG' is because of the abundance/popularity of Japanese styled games. Play Knights of the Old Republic.

Meh. KOTOR was good, but nothing spectacular as many claim. I couldn't even be bothered to finish it because I just didn't care that much. Maybe I'll get around to it someday. Call me crazy, but I prefer Japanese style RPG's to any western RPG I've played.

The only Fallish releases I care about are MGS4, Half-Life 2: Black Box and Assassins Creed. Honourable mentions to Army of Two, Lair, Turok, and Warhawk.

ValkyrieWing
03-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Wild Arms FTW!!

Dragonsoul
03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Wild Arms FTW!!

Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard is coming out in the 3rd quarter, I'm thinking early August. I haven't played any Wild Arms or Suikoden games, but I want to, but dang I have so little time right now. What's Wild Arms about? :)

black orb
03-12-2007, 06:57 AM
>>> Im always hearing about Wild Arms games, but I have never played one.. :[

NeoCracker
03-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Never played the first, second was awesome, three was, for the most part mediocre, however the Divine Fortress was amazing. And IV was just all sorts of awesome, and one of the best RPG battle systems I've ever used, it uses this Hexogon shaped Grid, and thankfully the Vth Vangaurd is reusing it.

I love the series because it gives an awesome Old West feel to the game, especially the second one. This is one of my most wnated titles, even more then FF XIII or Makai Wars.

Dragonsoul
03-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Actually I played like 10 minutes of Wild Arms 1 years ago, and I liked it some. Dang, there are so many great rpg's that I haven't played(Chrono Cross!). :D

Is the Wild Arms series more popular or the Suikoden series?

black orb
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Is the Wild Arms series more popular or the Suikoden series?
>>> Suikoden.

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 07:58 AM
wild arms looks to be good.the last time i played it,it was on the PS.wild arms 2 i guess...

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...

Dragonsoul
06-26-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm resurrecting my thread as I believe that since we are closer to the fall rpg season we have more information about the release dates for the games. Based on new information, here's the new order I'm guessing...

Heroes of Mana(Nintendo DS) - August 14th confirmed! I'm not sure if this is considered late summer off-season or the start of the fall rpg season.

Blue Dragon(Xbox 360) - August 28th confirmed! This is the same day as Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard!

Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard(PS 2) - August 28th rumored? I read that the release date was August 28th but I am not sure how reliable or official this date is. This comes out the same day as Blue Dragon!

Fire Emblem(Wii) - September I'm guessing. I have to think about when this game will come out as I just remembered about it. I think September has space for this came to come out. Probably early September I think.

Eternal Sonata(Xbox 360) - September confirmed release date. I have to think about when this game will come out as I just remembered about it and found out it will come out in September. Probably early September I think.

Mass Effect(Xbox 360) - September 18th I'm guessing. This game was announced for spring season 2007 but hasn't come out yet, it's been delayed. I'm thinking September 18th it will come out because nothing else has been announced for September and a late September date gives people a chance to beat Blue Dragon(confirmed August 28th) and Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard(rumored August 28th).

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(Nintendo DS) - October 9th or October 16th I'm guessing. October release confirmed. I think maybe October 9th or October 16th to give it space between probable release dates for Mass Effect(September 18th) and Lost Odyssey(October 30th).

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions(PSP) - October 23rd or October 30th I'm guessing. It was announced for October release. I'm thinking atleast two weeks after Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings comes out.

Lost Odyssey(Xbox 360) - October 30th I'm guessing. October release confirmed. This is moved up to an October release date instead of December! I think October 30th to give people a chance to beat Mass Effect and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, which I believe will come out in late September(September 18th) and early October(October 9th or October 16th) respectively.

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix(PS 2) - November 20th I'm guessing? Not sure yet but I highly believe it will come out in November. November 20th is the primetime release date in my opinion. This is the same day that I believe that The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles will come out for PS 3.

The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles(PS 3) - November 20th I'm guessing? This is out for PC and Xbox 360 but the PS 3 version isn't out yet. I'm thinking it'll get a primetime spot just like the other three releases of The Elder Scrolls IV did(Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, and Fall 2007). I think November but it could be earlier considering that it's already out for PC and Xbox 360. November 20th is the primetime release date in my opinion. This is the same day that I believe that Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix will come out.

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat(Nintendo DS) - December 4th or December 11th I'm guessing. December release confirmed. This was announced for December a while back, but that was the same day that Lost Odyssey was announced for December and Lost Odyssey got moved up to October. I think it will come out on December 4th or December 11th while there are a ton of people doing Christmas shopping.

Dragon Quest Swords(Wii) - 2008 release date confirmed. It was announced for a 2008 release date I believe, probably Spring 2008 I believe.

Fable 2 - 2008 release date confirmed. So far it is scheduled for sometime in 2008 I am reading. I am not sure if it will be released in the Spring or the Fall yet.

I hope to finish up Final Fantasy XII, Rogue Galaxy, and Alundra 1 in time before the fall rpg season starts on August 28th. All four top rpgs this fall season that I plan on playing all come out within a 9 week period I believe! They are in (probable) chronological order: Blue Dragon(August 28th confirmed), Mass Effect(September 25th I'm guessing), Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(October 9th or October 16th I'm guessing), and Lost Odyssey(October 30th I'm guessing). I have to buy a Xbox 360 and a Nintendo DS this fall! I'm gonna be real busy with these top rpg's!

What do you think of my temporary/updated fall 2007 rpg season release calendar? What games are you looking forward to playing? :)

EDIT:
I just remembered about Fire Emblem(Wii), Eternal Sonata(Xbox 360), and Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP) so I added early guesses about the release dates for them. I'll think more about this schedule and update it.

Crossblades
06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is JP exclusive. It's not being released in the states.

Dragonsoul
06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
?!

That's strange considering how well Kingdom Hearts 2 sold in Spring 2006. Why does Square Enix not plan to release it in the United States? Or maybe they are playing around with our lifestyle and will announce it later? What is your thought on everything else?

Renmiri
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I want to play Lair !!!!

Gametrailers.com - Lair - Extended Battle Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20741.html)

Wolf Kanno
06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Where's my Persona 3!? That's suppose to be coming out this year as well. I've been waiting ages for it as well.:mad:

That and RW are the only ones I'm looking forward to.

As for Wild ARMS I seriously feel the games get worse with each sequel. 1 is awsome, 2 is great but not as good as 1, 3 is mediocre, 4 is kinda've a let down... maybe 5 will break the trend.

I only wish Capcom would get to work on Breath of Fire 6:rolleyes2

Dragonsoul
06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Where's my Persona 3!? That's suppose to be coming out this year as well. I've been waiting ages for it as well.:mad:

Persona 3 comes out on July 24th for PS 2, the same day that Final Fantasy II comes out for PSP. I don't consider that part of the fall season it's still summer. Also, Final Fantasy I for PSP which came out on June 26th(two days ago) is the other major summer off-season rpg release. Although Grim Grimoire which came out yesterday also for PS 2 could be considered kinda good maybe. Pokemon Battle Revolution came out on June 25th and may be ok but not signifigant. I believe I have summed up all signifigant things for the summer off-season as far as rpg's go. There is one more thing. Heroes of Mana(RTS rpg) comes out for Nintendo DS on August 14th but I am not sure whether or not to consider that the end of the summer off-season or the start of the fall season. I'm inclined to think of it as summer. Blue Dragon(Xbox 360) and Wild Arms 5(PS 2) come out on August 28th to start the fall rpg season.

EDIT:
I just found out that Jeanne D'Arc, a tactical rpg by Level 5 for the PSP will come out either on August or on July 24th, not sure which release date to believe. Also a tactical rpg Luminous Arc by Atlus for Nintendo DS with music by Yasunori Mitsuda will come out in August, not sure how good it will be, watch out for it. Also, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Front Mission 1st(!!!) will come out for Nintendo DS this fall I found out. Also, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles comes out for Sony PSP on September 15th, not sure how good it will be, watch out for it. Also Disgaea comes out for PSP in October. I just read that Bioshock comes out for Xbox 360, although it may be considered a first person shooter or action/adventure game, not an action rpg, not sure what to think of it yet. What are your thoughts on these releases I just told you about?

Slicksword45
06-29-2007, 03:14 AM
Anyone elce herd of folklore? Or is that just me XD

I played the demo of it, and it was amazing :D

Shame it was in japanise-ic XD

Dragonsoul
07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
I know of it...
Folklore (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore_%28video_game%29)

Can you tell me more please? What do you know?

EDIT:
Heroes of Mana, I just read that it is scheduled for September-November release! Also I just read that Mass Effect is delayed from September until January 2008! With no Mass Effect this fall, that lightens my rpg load. I'll play FF XII: RW, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey I think.

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm bumping up this thread because we got some new release dates recently and I've done extensive research on this topic today. What follows is the Fall 2007 Rpg Release Calendar showing top rpgs for consoles and handhelds, chronologically.

Fall 2007 RPG Release Calendar
Date System Title Reliability
8-14 DS Heroes of Mana Confirmed
8-14 DS Luminous Arc Confirmed
!8-21 Xbox 360 Bioshock Confirmed
8-21 PSP Jeanne D'Arc Confirmed
!8-28 Xbox 360 Blue Dragon Confirmed
8-28 PS 2 Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard Confirmed
!9-? XB 360/PS 3/PC The Elder Scrolls IV: Gotye Confirmed Sep, Unknown Date
9-? PS 2 .hack//G.U. Vol.3//Redemption Confirmed Sep, Unknown Date
!9-17 Xbox 360 Eternal Sonata Confirmed
!10-1 DS The Legend of Zelda: Phantom H. Confirmed
10-9 PSP Final Fantasy Tactics Confirmed
!10-16 PS 2/XB 360/PC Final Fantasy XI: W. of the G. Confirmed
10-16 PSP Disgaea Confirmed
10-23 DS Front Mission 1st Confirmed
10-23 PSP Castlevania: The Dracula X C. Confirmed
!10-30? Xbox 360 Lost Odyssey Confirmed Oct, Guessing Date
11-6 DS Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker Confirmed
!11-20 DS Final Fantasy XII: RW Confirmed
12-? DS ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat Confirmed Dec, Unknown Date
? ? Wii Fire Emblem Unknown Date
*Mass Effect for Xbox 360 was delayed from September 2007 to January 2008
! before a date means that the title is a major release

I didn't list any unimportant rpg releases although I did list many medium quality releases. All of the top rpg's I did list. I consider there to be four ultimate rpg releases this fall. It looks like the season starts on August 28th with Blue Dragon(Xbox 360) I believe. After this we have The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass(DS) on October 1st. Next up is Lost Odyssey(Xbox 360) which I believe will come out on October 30th. Finally there is Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(DS) on November 20th. November 20th is the super primetime release date!!

In the list a ! before a release date means that the release is a major one. I just listed now the four bigger releases of the major ones. It appears that the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo DS are the dominant rpg machines. Wii, Playstation 3, Playstation 2, and Psp are less powerful as far as rpg's go I believe. I will be playing: Blue Dragon, Zelda, Lost Odyssey, and FF XII: RW. Please note that I am also planning to play Mass Effect(!)for Xbox 360, but that was delayed from September to January and is not coming out this fall as hoped.

Last fall the most ultimate rpg releases were chronologically: Xenosaga III, Final Fantasy XII, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(Wii and Gamecube), and The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine(Xbox 360 and PC). This year we have an idea of what this fall holds for rpg's. Please note that the Fall rpg season of a year is usually or always stronger than the spring rpg season I believe. Last year's Fall rpg season was stronger than 2007's but this year is not too far off I think.

What do you think of the Fall 2007 Rpg Release Calendar? What games are you going to buy? :)

Zeromus_X
07-10-2007, 03:33 AM
I want Eternal Sonata so badly but I don't have a Xbox 360. :p

Del Murder
07-10-2007, 05:47 AM
I will probably get Zelda and FFXII RW for DS, and the FFXI expansion for PC. I might try Heroes of Mana but currently I'm playing Children of Mana and it's kind of boring.

JKTrix
07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Heroes of Mana is a lot closer to Revenant Wings than Children of Mana. In fact, Heroes of Mana is *very* similar to Revenant Wings.

I've had my eye on Luminous Arc (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105125-ds-rpg-alert-luminous-arc.html) for a while. Jeanne d'Arc for PSP has been getting some really good buzz about it as well.

Good effort on the list and your opinions on major releases. You missed Persona 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_3) though.

Nifleheim7
07-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I want Eternal Sonata so badly but I don't have a Xbox 360. :p

There are some very strong rumors that this game will not be a 360 exclusive.

Dragonsoul
07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Eternal Sonata will probably be very good. Also, there is a musical snes rpg called Violinist of Hameln, get that, it seems ok.

Blue Dragon and Zelda come out before/after Eternal Sonata, why not get Zelda?

XxSephirothxX
07-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Straight from the mouth of Peter Moore, Mass Effect is coming in November.

Dragonsoul
07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Yea!! I read the article, Mass Effect is moved to November(not January, previously it was scheduled in September, before that the first half of 2007).

Currently there are four huge rpg releases this fall...
Aug 28th Blue Dragon for Xbox 360
Oct 1st The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS
Oct 30th? Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360
Nov 20th Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings for Nintendo DS

Lost Odyssey was confirmed for October and I believe it will probably be Oct 30th to space it out between Zelda and Final Fantasy because it's a huge groundbreaking title.

As far as Mass Effect goes, I am guessing that it will also come out on Nov 20th for Xbox 360. Remember Oblivion's first expansion pack came out for Xbox 360 the same time that Zelda came out for Wii in Late November. It's possible to do two huge rpg releases at once if the audiences are totally seperate.

I'm in the same audience as Mass Effect and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings! I'm getting both but FF XII: RW is my priority this fall.

Do you guys agree with my theory that Lost Odyssey will be out for Xbox 360 on October 30th and that Mass Effect will be out for Xbox 360 on November 20th?

I'm happy! I just saw some pictures of Lost Odyssey from E3 and they are great. I just can't believe how cool these two huge characters look in this picture, I'm in awe...
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/xbox2/losto/screens/losto42.jpg

:)

EDIT:
Super Mario Galaxy, which is for Wii and not a rpg, has been dated for November 12th, a week before FF XII: RW. I thought Super Mario Galaxy could get on Nov 20th, oh well, hehe! Mass Effect, maybe Nov 20th? Btw Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out Dec 3rd.

EDIT:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year edition, which includes both expansion packs, comes out for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC on September 3rd. Also .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption comes out on September 10th for Playstation 2. Fire Emblem: Goddess of the Dawn comes out on November 5th for Nintendo Wii. The release calendar is coming together! Now we just need an official release date for Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360, probably October 30th though, confirmed for October already.

What do you think? :)

Dragonsoul
07-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm bumping this up because I want to talk about ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat. It's Mistwalker's third game, and it's a tactical rpg for Nintendo DS. It was announced to be in Usa in December, but that was a long time ago. Articles since then that I read say it's in Japan in December but don't announce a Usa release date. Do you guys think it will come out in Usa in December?

JKTrix
07-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Mistwalker has 2 other games coming out in the US this year. I doubt we'll be seeing ASH in English anytime soon.

Dragonsoul
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
I wonder about this, because rpgamer.com said in an article that ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat would be out in Usa this year. As we are getting closer to the fall season the articles I see about the game just say a Japanese release date of December. Too bad about this.

Anybody else notice that there are a lot of tactical and real-time strategy rpg's coming out this fall?

Rts:
Heroes of Mana
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

Tactical:
Luminous Arc
Jeanne D'Arc
Final Fantasy Tactics
Disgaea
Front Mission 1st
Fire Emblem

*Tactical rpg probably not coming out in time for this year: ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat.

The major ones are Heroes of Mana, Fire Emblem, and FF XII: RW. The other games are remakes or not as important.

Which game will you posters get: Heroes of Mana, Fire Emblem, or FF XII: RW. I'll definetely get FF XII: RW, probably not Heroes of Mana(not enough time/interest probably), and definetely not Fire Emblem(No Wii, not enough time/interest also). I could get ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat later, who knows. I am not sure how good it will be yet. :D

EDIT:
Let's add a new game to the release calendar. Two Worlds for Xbox 360 and PC is delayed from July to August 14th, which is the same day that Heroes of Mana(major DS rts rpg release) and Luminous Arc(minor DS tactical rpg release) come out. Two Worlds is apparently similar to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gothic 3, and Overlord. I'm not too knowledgeable about this game yet but it seems interesting.
Two Worlds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Worlds)

If I have a Xbox 360 by that time I will rent this game(and Heroes of Mana) as well. Gargh, too many great games come out in August and early September that are rpg's. I am playing Blue Dragon but I am also interested in Two Worlds, Heroes of Mana, Bioshock, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I am not too interested in Luminous Arc, Jeanne D'Arc, Dragoneer's Aria(the music/trailers are great though!), and Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard but I need more info on that game.

This is the start of the Fall rpg release calendar. With Two Worlds moved later to Aug 14th, Aug 14th is a stronger release date and I will consider it to be the start of the Fall rpg season.
Aug 14th - Two Worlds(Xbox 360, PC), Heroes of Mana(DS), Luminous Arc(DS)
Aug 21st - Bioshock(Xbox 360, PC), Jeanne D'Arc(PSP), Dragoneer's Aria(PSP)
Aug 28th - Blue Dragon(Xbox 360), Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard
Sep 3rd - The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition(Xbox 360, PC, PS 3)

Which games of those 9 that I listed for the start of the Fall 2007 Rpg Release Calendar will you buy? I'm confirmed to buy Blue Dragon but I'm also interested in Two Worlds, Heroes of Mana, Bioshock, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the Year Edition. Please list your choices! :)

JKTrix
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
The major ones are Heroes of Mana, Fire Emblem, and FF XII: RW. The other games are remakes or not as important.

It rubs me the wrong way every time you say that. Just because it's not from an already established series doesn't mean it's 'less important'. In fact, I'd think new, good games are 'more important' than established ones.

Luminous Arc and Jeanne d'Arc are both quite notable--Jeanne d'Arc in particular. I made a thread abou Luminous arc a few months back so I'm not gonna point out anything here. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105125-ds-rpg-alert-luminous-arc.html) Jeanne d'Arc was made by Level 5--a name which should speak for itself. It has been getting some very positive reviews from various Japanese and import sources (here's one (http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-portable/1852-Jeanne_dArc-reviews.html)) and looks to be something a PSP-owning RPG fan should buy. It looks pretty awesome to me.

I understand it's your opinion, but don't write 'em off just like that. It's pretty obvious for a site like this that folks will gravitate to the Squenix stuff, so it's not necessary to direct attention to those games in these kinds of topics. People will get them anyway.

Dragonsoul
07-19-2007, 09:10 PM
By less important I mean I don't believe it will sell as well as the other ones. At the time of posting that post I had my opinions on the probable popularities of the titles, so I posted them.

Jeanne D'Arc I'm kinda interested in but I didn't list it in part because I don't think as many people are mentioning it, along with Luminous Arc.

Yea Jeanne D'Arc and Luminous Arc could sell enough and be popular enough to be in my "important" category, but when I made the thread I didn't add them in it based on my current knowledge.

Hopefully that clears it up.