PDA

View Full Version : most complicated ff love story

Aerisfanatic
03-08-2007, 01:07 AM
k what do you think has the most complicated love storytell me and tell me why, i think 7 cause of the love triangle and sqare never actually says who cloud likes

Griff
03-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I say VIII because love was, yknow, the central theme of the game.

Goldenboko
03-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Most complicated? FFVII, because you never find out who Cloud likes.
Best backstory? I think that FFIV's Kain-Rosa-Cecil was intricate and well designed.
Personal Favorite? IX.

Laddy
03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
VII and VIII, for sure. :)

Setzer Gabianni
03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I didn't see much of a love story in VII. Sorry. VIII was easy enough to understand, and so was the love elements which were there in IX. Hmm..probably give my vote to VIII, even though I hated the love element between squall and rinoa.

f f freak
03-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Most complicated love story? Hmmm. Well FFVIII's was absolute rubbish and forced on you so there wasn't really anything complicated. FFVII was complicated at the begining but when Aeris popped her clogs it was pretty clear that that wasn't going to happen. FFIX's was pretty complicated because of the whole Princess and the Theif thing. FFX was complicated because of the dream thing. I'd say either FFIX or FFX

Mirage
03-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Final Fantasy games have complicated love stories? News to me.

Nominus Experse
03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Convoluted, perhaps, but never ornately complicated

Bahamut2000X
03-08-2007, 08:27 PM

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Go for Xenosaga for a better love Triangle. Of FF though it would be IX.

Aerisfanatic
03-09-2007, 02:15 AM
I didn't see much of a love story in VII. Sorry. VIII was easy enough to understand, and so was the love elements which were there in IX. Hmm..probably give my vote to VIII, even though I hated the love element between squall and rinoa.
really?? what love element in the story would you have prefered?

black orb
03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
>>> FF5 of course..

LunarWeaver
03-20-2007, 07:51 AM

The love triangle of Rubedo, Albedo, and Nigredo is definitely better.

I think X had the best. Most complicated? Is complicated also the best? I'm not sure what we're talking about, but I never am.

NeoCracker
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM

The love triangle of Rubedo, Albedo, and Nigredo is definitely better.

I think X had the best. Most complicated? Is complicated also the best? I'm not sure what we're talking about, but I never am.

Indeed, but don't forget the second Shion, Alen, and the one dude Triangle. And you know Ziggy and July are doing it.

jammi567
03-20-2007, 08:53 AM
the most complicated love story is VIII, as most people fail how to see that there's a love bond at all!

Takara
03-21-2007, 01:36 AM
FFVIII's love story is complicated? It basically goes from "... leave me alone..." to "OMG I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!111!!one1" in 30 seconds. -.-

jammi567
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
errrr, that's exactly what i basically said.

Twilight Edge
03-21-2007, 10:39 AM

Edge7
04-04-2007, 08:42 PM
VII because you get all these decisions
VIII Because of the sudden changes
VI because Locke mourns for his dead girlfriend and at the same time likes Celes, and Terra's over there in the corner like "I want to LOVE!
So... yeah...

Alex151
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
the most complicated love story is VIII, as most people fail how to see that there's a love bond at all!

are you kidding, the game is practically based upon the love story

take ion mind htat I havent played 3-6, but I'd say 7's was the most complicated, by a long shot in fact, You have Tifa, clouds old childhood friend that cloud seems to not notice that she likes him, and then Aeris who cloud ends up kind of falling for, but there's different turnouts for who he likes throughout the game, you can even end going on a date with yuffie, which I never expirienced.

But yes, it wasn't necessarily complicated, but more confusing that the others. 9 didn't have much of a love story at all. 10 had a love story but it was more basic than 8's. 12 I still havent completed so I cant speak for it.

jammi567
04-13-2007, 01:36 PM
We either have a misunderstanding, or we have a failer to notice the sarcasm that was put into that statement. What i meant was that in one moment, Squall goes from not liking Rinoa, to apsolutely falling head over heals for her.

Hazzard
04-13-2007, 02:34 PM
We either have a misunderstanding, or we have a failer to notice the sarcasm that was put into that statement. What i meant was that in one moment, Squall goes from not liking Rinoa, to apsolutely falling head over heals for her.

What? Nahhh, Squall never liked her from the start, and when did he ever say "I love you" ???

jammi567
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Exactly, and he doesn't actually say anything, it's just the thigs he does.

Discord
04-13-2007, 09:51 PM
By any means, FF1!

Wolf Kanno
04-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Well first I would like to point out that I feel the the "Love" theme in FFVIII is not so much about romantic love as much as personal love. Since VIII's plot is really about Squall finally learning to open up and accept others and himself.

VII sorta've has a complicated love story but ends once Aerith is killed. Cloud has a childhood crush on Tifa and started to have feelings for Aerith but this may be due to his exposure to Jenova cells and Zack and may not have been his personal feelings. Throw in the fact that before he even begins to truly decide how he really feels about her, she's killed and becomes more of an "ideal" than a real person in his mind (isn't it funny what time and insanity does to your memories). Tifa never really gave a damn about Cloud until FFVII really started and Aerith only liked Cloud cause he reminded her of Zack. In essense, the love between Cloud and Aerith is purely fictional within this context. But this is due mostly to my take of the bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: they call writing in FFVII, so feel free to ignore.

Honestly, if you want a complicated love story, play Xenogears... Elly and Fei... Lacan, Krelian, and Sophia... Elly and Kim... Elly and Abel... Seriously, this games love story has destroyed all other JRPG love stories for me. Xenosaga may have pulled off something similiar with Jr., MOMO, Sakura, and Albedo but never really went anywhere with it.:rolleyes2

Finola
04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Since i've not played all of the games I say that I liked Tidus&Yuna though their love wasn't complicated at all (in that matter cuz their feelings were obvious though this love wasn't easy in any part of the game). I liked the elements in it but I guess i'm the only one who liked their love story.
Zidane and Dagger (+ Eiko trying to mess up) stroy was cute but i would have liked some real action between them.
VIII.. Squall was surely feeling deeply for Rinoa but cuz i did not like the game much it killed their romance for me.
And I don't know about Cloud... was there even a real love story in this game?

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I loved Yuna&Tidus' love story, but only in the Lake Malcania. That was touching and romantic, and I admit that I cried the first time I saw it. Damn...it was so emotional...

Comet
04-16-2007, 03:40 PM
By any means, FF1!

Amen.

psyniac_123
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
you can even end going on a date with yuffie, which I never expirienced.
It's quite humourous. You can even date Barret, which I did on my first playthrough and thought it was TOTALLY normal XD That was hilarious.

As for most complicted, VI, what with Locke/Rachel and Locke/Celes. And Terra begging for Locke/Terra. What a pimp XD
Best, though; VIII or (OMG) XII. I'm yet to complete it but I just love Balthier/Ashe so far :P And so unexpected too.

Finola
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I loved Yuna&Tidus' love story, but only in the Lake Malcania. That was touching and romantic, and I admit that I cried the first time I saw it. Damn...it was so emotional...

True, it was very touching and romantic. (My favourite video from that game) (psst, isn't it lake Macalania? but maybe that's just typo :D ) But how come you love it only then?

jammi567
04-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Because they don't like a romance story unless it has a makeout session in it.

Dr. Acula
04-17-2007, 05:25 AM
but I just love Balthier/Ashe so far :P And so unexpected too.

So do I, even if the love hints are VERY subtle. I kinda wish they'd put an actual romantic love story in there.. it would have been better.

Ouch!
04-17-2007, 05:31 AM
There's no such thing as a complicated love story in the Final Fantasy series. They're usually very straightforward. In response, I think Final Fantasy IX had the best love story. More developed than most, but not in-you-face and forced like FFVIII's thing.

Yliette
04-19-2007, 10:39 PM
Complicated? Hmm, I beg to disagree.

And yes, FFX has to be the most romantic of all due to the kissing scene! Call me shallow and deluded but that's just how I feel towards the game! And the dream thing was a very god essence to make it even more dramatic. :love:

As for FFVII, I've read that Square doesn't want to put a verdict on the Cloud-Tifa-Aeris love triangle for it might cause a commotion among the fans. But it's pretty obvious Cloud and Tifa are meant to be. After all Aeris is dead and already has Zack in the Lifestream.

I'm quite disappointed they never implemented a love story in FFXII. Not counting the initial love between Ashe and Rasler of course! :D I would have preferred Vaan and Ashe.

Dr. Acula
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Complicated? Hmm, I beg to disagree.

And yes, FFX has to be the most romantic of all due to the kissing scene! Call me shallow and deluded but that's just how I feel towards the game! And the dream thing was a very god essence to make it even more dramatic. :love:

As for FFVII, I've read that Square doesn't want to put a verdict on the Cloud-Tifa-Aeris love triangle for it might cause a commotion among the fans. But it's pretty obvious Cloud and Tifa are meant to be. After all Aeris is dead and already has Zack in the Lifestream.

I'm quite disappointed they never implemented a love story in FFXII. Not counting the initial love between Ashe and Rasler of course! :D I would have preferred Vaan and Ashe.

Actually, I prefer Vaan and Penelo.