PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the church

Aerisfanatic
03-08-2007, 01:16 AM
how many people have seen aeris' ghost in the church after she dies

it all depends on how you treat her when shes alive (e.g. anwering the certain questions)if you treated her well, youll see her tending the flowers, if you treated her okay, you will see her standing in the aisle if you treated her badly then you will not see her at all, and if you aproach with one single step she will disapear

ive seen her tending the flowers befor and you?

jammi567
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
This is called a glitch. It's called a glitch, because you can see the ghost *before* she dies.

blackmage_nuke
03-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Ah but its all about perspective, some say that she is a glitch in that she isnt meant to appear at all, others believe that seeing her before she dies is in fact the glitch and she is meant to be there. I prefer to believe the later.

MJN SEIFER
03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
This is called a glitch. It's called a glitch, because you can see the ghost *before* she dies.

Finaly someone ELSE knows this!

Darth Anarcus
03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Ah but its all about perspective, some say that she is a glitch in that she isnt meant to appear at all, others believe that seeing her before she dies is in fact the glitch and she is meant to be there. I prefer to believe the later.
But it's not even Aerith's field character! It's some random guy.

Are you going to hypothesize that she's taking a different form now?

Aerisfanatic
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM

Are you going to hypothesize that she's taking a different form now? ok first off its her polygon form in the church, if you saw a girl in the church with a red outfit its just a little girl in their, shes wearing her signature pink dress so if you see in their thats what she looks like know other forms to see, in church if you just saw a little girl and boy in the church that means you treated her badly if you treated her okay you will see her tending the flowers like i said at the top and if you treated her okay you will see her in the aisle, so either you treated her badly or you approached her and she disapeared

ReloadPsi
03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
She appears anyway, irrespective of how you treated her. If I were gonna have a hallucination of a dearly departed friend, I doubt s/he'd refuse to appear in my head just because I was such a meany pants bullyhead.

I like how they sort of showed it happening a second time in Advent Children too, right after the "Cloud Smiles" scene.

Hazzard
03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Wait up, this treating thing is about leveling her up right?

jammi567
03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Ummmm.....no. It's about how you treated the slut outside of battle when given the option to.

Hazzard
03-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Ohhh well i guess i treated that slapper badly then, Tifa got better treatment if you not what i mean ;)

Psychotic
03-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I like how they sort of showed it happening a second time in Advent Children too, right after the "Cloud Smiles" scene.Yeah, I think the scene in Advent Children shows that it was intentional. Its occurance on the first disc is indeed a glitch, but not on the second disc.

Also, it has nothing to do with how you treat her. That was just one guy's theory. As far as I know, nobody knows why she appears in different positions.

f f freak
03-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well I treated her like she was a piece of crap yet I saw her tending the flowers.

Dr. Acula
03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, I saw her in the aisle and a split-second later she was attending to her flowers.

darksword12
03-10-2007, 05:30 AM
I moved the second I entered the church. I didn't get a good look. I assumed, of course, that it was Aeris.

blackmage_nuke
03-10-2007, 07:09 AM

Are you going to hypothesize that she's taking a different form now?

What gives the impression that a ghost looks exactly like they did when they were alive?

arcanedude34
03-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I always see her in the aisle, cuz I always opt for the Barret or Tifa dates, so I treat Aeris like crap.

Garnie
03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
iv seen her tend to flowers. i thought you always could. oh also did you know that if your really nice to barret you get a date with him if your horrid to the other 2 lol

Ryushikaze
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
No known variable determines Aerith appearance. While it seems to be somewhat random, there's nothing to suggest that it's based on how well you treat her.

Personally, I think it has to do with Aerith not being in her party, the game seeding her back at her start point, then a flag being tripped to keep you from grabbing a Second Aerith. I say this because the ghost appears after she's removed from the party while you're still in Midgar.

Mirage
03-11-2007, 06:41 PM
I've noticed that there are two "ghosts" in the church. One is Aeris, who is visible for about a second before she starts to flicker and disappears, this happens only once. The second is a random npc that only appears for something like 0.1 second (probably a single frame) before it instantly disappears. This happens each time you enter the church.

Hazzard
03-11-2007, 07:01 PM
why does that freak Aeris have to keep on comin back, can't she get the message that no-one even remembers her and that Cloud wants to fuck that big breasted Tifa.

Mirage
03-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Fool, everyone knows she comes back for Barret.

jammi567
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
No way! I always thought she came back for Red XIII!

Hazzard
03-11-2007, 08:12 PM
I wonder what really happened when they were all in that cell, and then everyone fell asleep. I bet Tifa did it to those guards and had hot lesbian sex with Aeris behind everyone's back!

Darth Anarcus
03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

Yliette
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Once again, a thread is starting to go out of hand with irrelevant or even lecherous comments.

But I wonder what Square was intending? Aeris' "ghost" couldn't have just appeared accidentally. I'm certain Square has some plan behind this so-called glitch. :eek:

And a little trivia. I've once read in an unofficial cheat magazine that grabbing her ghost is one way to revive Aeris. I still believed those silly rumors then. :mog:

Fatal Impurity
03-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Go here: http://www.ff7citadel.com/secrets/sa_church.shtml

And decide for yourself if it's a random npc, Aeris or whatever...

psyniac_123
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I've seen it once before, but I'm not sure it's a glitch... what kind of glitch would lead to a character model being placed in the CHURCH, of all places, which has no signifance after you escape from it with Aerith. You didn't even return (with the story, so to speak).

Also, when I saw it she was in the aisle and we didn't even need to take a step in order to for her to disappear, in a second she was gone, every time. We left and re-entered a few times to check, too.

The Mog Ninja
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
It's probably something Square was going to put in, but realised that everyone would be much happier if she stayed dead. So they didn't put it in. Maybe it has something to do with the empty cave in the North Crater.

Aerisfanatic
03-22-2007, 11:27 PM
no she comes back for cloud and me! cause im a devoted fan :p

Ryushikaze
03-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I've seen it once before, but I'm not sure it's a glitch... what kind of glitch would lead to a character model being placed in the CHURCH, of all places, which has no signifance after you escape from it with Aerith. You didn't even return (with the story, so to speak).

It's not being 'placed' in the church. Aerith was already there.

Besides, there's junk data everywhere.

no she comes back for cloud and me! cause im a devoted fan

Yep. Sure. That's nice ::Quietly loads a rifle with tranquilizer darts::

Aerisfanatic
03-23-2007, 08:49 PM

It's not being 'placed' in the church. Aerith was already there.

Besides, there's junk data everywhere.

no she comes back for cloud and me! cause im a devoted fan

Yep. Sure. That's nice ::Quietly loads a rifle with tranquilizer darts::
listen you if you notice all the other ones at the top like she come back for red and barret, its just playful banter, if you dont get that than dont post

Leeza
03-24-2007, 02:26 AM
aerisfantatic, you are not a moderator. If you have a problem with something, use the warn button, but do not moderate.

Aerisfanatic
03-24-2007, 02:37 AM
okay got it i was just saying that he didnt to be negative for no reason
but i guess that doesnt matter now

darksword12
03-26-2007, 05:08 AM
You know, I just rushed into the chuch and the ghost dissapeared before I could even look at it. It was kinda funny, actually.