PDA

View Full Version : I'm New :-)

cass0723
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey There Guys and maybe Gals,

Well, This is my first Final Fantasy game (XII), and i got to admit, i love it, i cant believe i just found out about the series now :-)

Anyway, as you can guess im still not come to gribs with all the aspects of the game as its all a bit overwhelming at times due to there being so many options to choose from.

My biggest problem is quickenings, i have 2 of them but they do not inflict alot of damage to the rocktortoise(thats the mark i am on at the mo, in the game i am at the raithwells place where i got to fight the demon walls but they are too strong for me at the mo as my characters are on level 12-16.

Any help on quickenings would really help please as i have only ever managed to get a combo of 3 which is pretty crap in all honesty. Is there a good technique to get more?

Can i beat the toroise without quickenings as he is pissing me off now.

There are many morew questions id like to ask im sure but for now, those two would be great if they could be answered.

Thanks in advance and happy gaming,

Cass

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
You can beat that tortoise, in fact quickenings don't help much!

Use long range weapons and immobilize the thing with magic or special weapon. When it does its' spin attack, it won't do crap if you're bowgunning it. ^^

Welcome.

Iceglow
03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Go on ruin it for us all Iri, no spoiler tags lol ok so most know of this beastie by now heck I could hunt it on my first day playing.

Howdy newbie, have a :cookie: look out for PG he sex0rs teh newbies. Also don't mind the insane people they only seem that way because you're new.

cass0723
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
You can beat that tortoise, in fact quickenings don't help much!

Use long range weapons and immobilize the thing with magic or special weapon. When it does its' spin attack, it won't do crap if you're bowgunning it. ^^

Welcome.

Thanks for the speedy reply,

should i also use a blind magick too on it?

Bowgunning it? i assume thats using either bows or guns on it?

i have just equipped myself with oil too, i heard that if u use fire and then oil it will enhance the damage sustained, is that true and will that help me in this battle?

Also, is this a good site?

Odaisé Gaelach
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Fáilte, cass0723, agus go raibh áthas ort anseo ag EoFF.

Welcome. :D

cass0723
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Go on ruin it for us all Iri, no spoiler tags lol ok so most know of this beastie by now heck I could hunt it on my first day playing.

Howdy newbie, have a :cookie: look out for PG he sex0rs teh newbies. Also don't mind the insane people they only seem that way because you're new.

thanks for the welcome and sorry for no spoliers(dont know how to do em) besides i thought with most of ya all being FF pro's on here you'd have got past this part already :-)

Fáilte, cass0723, agus go raibh áthas ort anseo ag EoFF.

Welcome. :D

Is that Gaelic?

i understood the welcome part and so thank u sir :-)

Iceglow
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
This girl called us pro's I think we like that term, well except for Loony BoB who forever will be the ultimate n00b!

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
^_^ We're not pros, we're just bored.

Blinding it doesn't help much if it is immobilized, because it just steps everywhere, but you could do it and it might help.

Yeah: bow guns, shotguns, bows, anything long range works : such characters for this use are Fran and Balthier.

Hint: You can have 3 lv. 50's in the end, the rest can be 24 or less, and you are in no trouble. Don't try to bring everyone up. ^_^

Odaisé Gaelach
03-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Is that Gaelic?

i understood the welcome part and so thank u sir :-)

Yes, it is. Now, where's Lost Number with the follow-up...

oddler
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM

That would be the biggest understatement in the history of my life.

Welcome. :)

yanis
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I still feel like new here...Can I welcome the others???
Oh...you spoiling me, I haven't played ff12 yet!!!:D

Bunny
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Rocktoise is susceptible to Blind, Sleep, Slow, Silence, Stop, Disease, and Immbilize. If you hare having trouble with it, and have some of the spells here, I suggest designating one of your characters to keep these status effects up. Sleep is kinda useless unless you need a quick get away or to take a break for healing, Immobilize is also handy for this. Slow, Stop and Blind are probably good choices to use constantly. Silence will, naturally, keep his Fire/Thunder/Blizzard/Dark at bay, so it is useful as well.

He has a lot of HP, so at your level it will be a long battle. I'd start your party off with your alternates, do a Quickening chain with them, and then switch to your main party so you can start dealing more damage. I wouldn't suggest using Quickening with your main party as you'll need to keep up with healing and the status effects. Buff your main damage dealer with whatever, if any, positive effects you have and then just throw some whacks at him.

He should go down with time. If not, level up a bit more. 17~ is a good level to face him at, I'd say.

Welcome to the forums.

Old Manus
03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Do what I did, and just whack it until it dies. No nonsense

Bunny
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
That's your solution to everything, Manus.

Old Manus
03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
I would make a great world leader

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
He would.
Only if I could be behind him whispering things.

Sorry about those two, welcome properly! ^_^
Are you planning to stay?

Jess
03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi! Welcome to EoFF!

I'm no expert on XII as I've barely played it but if you need anymore help here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53) is probably the best place to find it.

I hope you enjoy your time here at EoFF and the rest of XII! :jess:

Rocket Edge
03-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, it is. Now, where's Lost Number with the follow-up...
I'm no Lost Number, but i can sure as hell try. :monster:

Fáilte romhat cass0723!

Hazzard
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
you know what ya gotta do-LEVEL UP maybe to 18 for all chars, trust me it helps!

Chloe.
03-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Welcome! :bigsmile:

cass0723
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM
This girl called us pro's I think we like that term, well except for Loony BoB who forever will be the ultimate n00b!

I shall stop you there, ALL man here dude so stop sending them PM's, lol, im playin:tongue:

^_^ We're not pros, we're just bored.

Blinding it doesn't help much if it is immobilized, because it just steps everywhere, but you could do it and it might help.

Yeah: bow guns, shotguns, bows, anything long range works : such characters for this use are Fran and Balthier.

Hint: You can have 3 lv. 50's in the end, the rest can be 24 or less, and you are in no trouble. Don't try to bring everyone up. ^_^

First off i need the blind so he dont attack me but then again thinking about it, immobilize is the same thing except he does not move is'nt it?

3 level 50's after this battle alone? surely not cos if that is the case then its going to be a hell of a long battle :-(

I brought my level up a few levels with my main party, which is erm, well im still not decided, i want penelope in it cos i have her magick powers high but she cant inflict HP that well :-(

That would be the biggest understatement in the history of my life.

Welcome. :)

In that case i look forward to my FF adventure(s) with the eyes on FF :)

Rocktoise is susceptible to Blind, Sleep, Slow, Silence, Stop, Disease, and Immbilize. If you hare having trouble with it, and have some of the spells here, I suggest designating one of your characters to keep these status effects up. Sleep is kinda useless unless you need a quick get away or to take a break for healing, Immobilize is also handy for this. Slow, Stop and Blind are probably good choices to use constantly. Silence will, naturally, keep his Fire/Thunder/Blizzard/Dark at bay, so it is useful as well.

He has a lot of HP, so at your level it will be a long battle. I'd start your party off with your alternates, do a Quickening chain with them, and then switch to your main party so you can start dealing more damage. I wouldn't suggest using Quickening with your main party as you'll need to keep up with healing and the status effects. Buff your main damage dealer with whatever, if any, positive effects you have and then just throw some whacks at him.

He should go down with time. If not, level up a bit more. 17~ is a good level to face him at, I'd say.

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you sir, hmmm, i think i may leave the quickening till late in the battle then and just focus on using the MP from the quickening characters to cast immobalise, blind, and slow magicks along with some oil and fire too.

Do what I did, and just whack it until it dies. No nonsense

Tried that and got abused like a fat kid would grabbing that last piece of cake.

He would.
Only if I could be behind him whispering things.

Sorry about those two, welcome properly! ^_^
Are you planning to stay?

No need to apologize, Thank you for the welcome :-)

Hi! Welcome to EoFF!

I'm no expert on XII as I've barely played it but if you need anymore help here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53) is probably the best place to find it.

I hope you enjoy your time here at EoFF and the rest of XII! :jess:

Im just about a novice on FF so im sure your in good stead seeing as you have played the other series's. I am sure i shall enjoy my time here and thank you also for the welcome :-)

Im liking this welcome :love: and now it will prob stop though :mad:

Peace!!!!

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Cass is a guy? woah.
No, I'm talking about the end of the game. ^_^

Shauna
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
=[ I have not even started playing FFXII. I don't even have it. =[

Welcome! :D Have fun at EoFF!

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I'll be ruling the world before Manus, so you'd probably be whispering things in my ear instead.

And Cass, do me a favor and watch Leeza. I think she's stalking me, but I can't prove it.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Owen Macwere
03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Hey There Guys and maybe Gals

I wont blame the girls if they came after you because of this. THERE ARE girls in this forum. >:(

Away from the steam, welcome to EOFF.

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 05:20 PM
You are a liar, there isn't any girls in these forums!

Owen Macwere
03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
If there aren't then what are you, Miss. valentine?.

Ko Ko
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
I am a man, really! Don't give him listening!! ><

(trying to stay back on topic)

BarelySeeAtAll
03-08-2007, 05:26 PM
g'day mate

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 05:27 PM
And Cass, I'm telling you now. All women of choosing on this forum are mine, you may inquire me for a list, but wether or not you get one is a different story.

So watch yourself playuh, or I may be getting gansta up in you crip and Mess up ya face! Peace out my nizzle.

Iceglow
03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
well if youre male consider the calling you a girl something similar to how Dr Cox in Scrubs always calls JD a girls name :P

Misfit
03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Holy fucking conversations.

Welcome.

Tempest
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Hello Cass and welcome to EoFF. :bigsmile:

Reles
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Welcome!

You are a liar, there isn't any girls in these forums!

I second that.

Awrini
03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Wait a minute? Who's a what now where?

Polaris
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Hallo hallo! :D

Firo Volondé
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM
My advice: Play X, it's awesome. But then again, I'm just a mindless fanboy. Welcome.

Hazzard
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
And Cass, I'm telling you now. All women of choosing on this forum are mine, you may inquire me for a list, but wether or not you get one is a different story.

So watch yourself playuh, or I may be getting gansta up in you crip and Mess up ya face! Peace out my nizzle.

Haha:D Corncracker cracks me jokes!

Agrias
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
allo allo! welcome and all that jazz, i suggest you stay away from pg, foa, iceglow, psychotic, and roto13, they'd sell your soul for a peanut....i should know :'(

and i dont belong to corncracker...not that i know of...lol

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
allo allo! welcome and all that jazz, i suggest you stay away from pg, foa, iceglow, psychotic, and roto13, they'd sell your soul for a peanut....i should know :'(

You're not married yet, so yes you are.

Agrias
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM

lies! i am my own free person to do as i wish! i could run about naked with this new person if i wanted to! :o

Shadow_Wolf 6354
03-08-2007, 10:25 PM
The internet is a place where men are men, women are men and children are the F.B.I :shifty:

:twak:Howdy newbie stay away from muh sheep or ill eat you like a cookie.:P

:shoot:

Araciel
03-08-2007, 11:22 PM
well come to EOFF

and uhh...don't touch my stuff

Jessweeee♪
03-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey There Guys and maybe Gals,

Well, This is my first Final Fantasy game (XII), and i got to admit, i love it, i cant believe i just found out about the series now :-)

Anyway, as you can guess im still not come to gribs with all the aspects of the game as its all a bit overwhelming at times due to there being so many options to choose from.

My biggest problem is quickenings, i have 2 of them but they do not inflict alot of damage to the rocktortoise(thats the mark i am on at the mo, in the game i am at the raithwells place where i got to fight the demon walls but they are too strong for me at the mo as my characters are on level 12-16.

Any help on quickenings would really help please as i have only ever managed to get a combo of 3 which is pretty crap in all honesty. Is there a good technique to get more?

Can i beat the toroise without quickenings as he is pissing me off now.

There are many morew questions id like to ask im sure but for now, those two would be great if they could be answered.

Thanks in advance and happy gaming,

Cass

The more quickenings you get, the easier it is to get a combo. My record is 15 (When everyone had all three).

Welcome to EoFF :spin:

Levian
03-09-2007, 12:46 AM
There's also a trick to this battle. The Tortoise is too big to fit in the cave where you came from, so just run back whenever you need to heal. You can also cast some magic from here.

Welcome. :mog:

Leeza
03-09-2007, 02:18 AM
NO MORE FFXII TALK!!...or I'm going to have to ban you all! The game is too new to be discussing it in public and Kishi will ban anyone that spoils it for him. :pinkelephant:

Welcome to EoFF, Cass. :cat:

Diango12
03-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the forum i hope you enjoy your stay here

cass0723
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Hello Cass and welcome to EoFF. :bigsmile:

Merci :)

Welcome!

You are a liar, there isn't any girls in these forums![/quote]

I second that.

I'm leaving than, :mad: :cool: im playing, no problemo, im here for FF anyway :D

My advice: Play X, it's awesome. But then again, I'm just a mindless fanboy. Welcome.

Id def like to get another FF game as im starting at XII which is way down the production line so to speak. I heard VII is meant to be quality too. Thanks for the welcome also.

I shall bear that in mind sir, thank you :cool:

[quote=Agrias;2120641]

If i knew what corncracker was id let ya know what i think.

Yeh i agree. :confused:

lies! i am my own free person to do as i wish! i could run about naked with this new person if i wanted to! :o

Whatever floats your boat dude!!!! :tongue:

The internet is a place where men are men, women are men and children are the F.B.I :shifty:

:twak:Howdy newbie stay away from muh sheep or ill eat you like a cookie.:P

:shoot:

I second that notion :eek: Thanks for the welcome and you can keep your sheep as i dont get down like that mate ;) :tongue:

well come to EOFF

and uhh...don't touch my stuff

I shall bear that in mind and thanks for the welcome.

There's also a trick to this battle. The Tortoise is too big to fit in the cave where you came from, so just run back whenever you need to heal. You can also cast some magic from here.

Welcome. :mog:

Thanks for the advice, i have managed to kill him though after like my 10th attempt, woo hoo :-)

NO MORE FFXII TALK!!...or I'm going to have to ban you all! The game is too new to be discussing it in public and Kishi will ban anyone that spoils it for him. :pinkelephant:

Welcome to EoFF, Cass. :cat:

Sorry i never knew i could not discuss it here, erm, could you point me in the right direction where i can cos im going to need to use it alot and i got a question right about now too. Thanks also for the welcome.

If ive missed anyone off for thanking em for my welcome then here it is now THANKS and i look forward to my time here.

Peace!!!!!

Levian
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
could you point me in the right direction where i can cos im going to need to use it alot and i got a question right about now too.

Go to the main index of the forum and the FFXII forum should be close to the bottom of the list. :mog:

Old Manus
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Would she have banned Levian? :eek:

Agrias
03-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I shall bear that in mind sir

:eek: i'm a girl!! :cry:

Owen Macwere
03-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't worry Agrias, we are going after cass's blood now.