PDA

View Full Version : There should be a GBA only section...

Frostwake
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I keep seeing threads about lunar ruins and cave of trials and Gilgamesh being in this game and I have no idea what youre talking about, plus lots of people think they rule at the game and its easy and have never played the original...no wonder :rolleyes2 And then some come and say "why do people think the remakes are easier?" BECAUSE THEY ARE!

The ORIGINS remake of FF 1 and 2 for the PS was great, they didnt change the difficulty, only accessibility options such as auto targetting enemies, buying more than 1 at item at a time etc... But these GBA remakes.. give me a break

The FFIV remake is a joke, the monsters and specially bosses dont have HALF the speed of the original ones, and speed is what made this game hard as heck, you got hit 5 times before you could input a command

Just had to vent cuz Im really annoyed by it... more than half of the threads in FF IV are about the GBA remake and no one has any idea of what the original game was anymore:mad2:

Necronopticous
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
A remake with varied nuances and bonus content does not make a new game. A remake that is easier than the original does not necessarily mean it is worse than the original.

You claim you "have no idea what we're talking about" and you trash the game in the same post. If you want to know what the new content is all about, play the game for yourself. If you get so hung up on a difficulty decrease then you clearly do not like the game for the right reasons.

Frostwake
03-09-2007, 06:34 PM
A remake with varied nuances and bonus content does not make a new game. A remake that is easier than the original does not necessarily mean it is worse than the original.

You claim you "have no idea what we're talking about" and you trash the game in the same post. If you want to know what the new content is all about, play the game for yourself. If you get so hung up on a difficulty decrease then you clearly do not like the game for the right reasons.

So now if I want to discuss FF IV I have to buy a GBA and the remake? Please... And "right reasons" is relative... If you dont play for challenge, fine, some people do... Its just that nowadays if you ask for advice or try to discuss X boss people will go "that boss is easy, I killed him on lvl x" and I go "right, now do that on the original" and its very annoying

Jowy
03-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, and you still need to be at Level ~55 to even stand a chance against Zeromus. Ashura? Good freaking luck without Reflect at level 42. Calcabrena? Pain in the ass no matter which version you're playing. Please, name one boss that is magically easier on the GBA version.

f f freak
03-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Just stop whining. So what if people haven't played the original.There's no need to get annoyed with them. Also I agree with Jowy. Zeromus is difficult even on that level. I had to get everyone to 65+ to be able to beat him. Have you played the GBA version? If you're unlucky he'll cast Big Bang every single turn in rapid succession. I had to have Porom and Rosa to continuosly heal me. The difficulty of the Zeromus fight can be upped even more by going in there with no white mage. You can't do that on the original.

abrojtm
03-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Not to mention that some of the new added Bosses are insane without the proper strategies. Namely Dark Bahamut and Dark Odin.

Cruise Control
03-10-2007, 04:30 PM
I found the GBA version to be on par with the originals difficulty. Some bosses made harder like the aforementioned Zeromus. Only two have been made easier (Baigan, and Demon Wall), so stop your bitching.

Momiji
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I keep seeing threads about lunar ruins and cave of trials and Gilgamesh being in this game and I have no idea what youre talking about, plus lots of people think they rule at the game and its easy and have never played the original...no wonder :rolleyes2 And then some come and say "why do people think the remakes are easier?" BECAUSE THEY ARE!

The ORIGINS remake of FF 1 and 2 for the PS was great, they didnt change the difficulty, only accessibility options such as auto targetting enemies, buying more than 1 at item at a time etc... But these GBA remakes.. give me a break

The FFIV remake is a joke, the monsters and specially bosses dont have HALF the speed of the original ones, and speed is what made this game hard as heck, you got hit 5 times before you could input a command

Just had to vent cuz Im really annoyed by it... more than half of the threads in FF IV are about the GBA remake and no one has any idea of what the original game was anymore:mad2:

...you really are an idiot, aren't you?

First of all, you say 'no one has any idea of what the original game is anymore', when most of the INTELLIGENT posters here in the FFIV forum have played the original. Furthermore, the only reason that there are more threads here about the GBA version is because it's A) Newer and B) unexplained in the main site (last time I checked it wasn't there, at least.) The reason that no one posts about the original is because A) there's really no need to post about it because it's all explained on the main site and B) everyone already knows about the game and what to do.

Second of all, if you're getting hit 5 times before being able to put in a command in the original, you truly are the worst player I've even seen. Ever hear of 'leveling up'? Try it some time.

And yes, the GBA version IS easier, but that's why Square-Enix threw in those extra bosses. I believe they made it easier for fans who don't want to play through the entire game again at full diffculty just to see the new stuff that was added.

The black mage
03-10-2007, 07:15 PM
just calm down Frostwake, just remember that some of us where too young to play it when it came out, And living on the wrong continent.

so we never got the chance to play the orignal.

Frostwake
03-12-2007, 05:41 PM

First of all, you say 'no one has any idea of what the original game is anymore', when most of the INTELLIGENT posters here in the FFIV forum have played the original. Furthermore, the only reason that there are more threads here about the GBA version is because it's A) Newer and B) unexplained in the main site (last time I checked it wasn't there, at least.) The reason that no one posts about the original is because A) there's really no need to post about it because it's all explained on the main site and B) everyone already knows about the game and what to do.

Second of all, if you're getting hit 5 times before being able to put in a command in the original, you truly are the worst player I've even seen. Ever hear of 'leveling up'? Try it some time.

And yes, the GBA version IS easier, but that's why Square-Enix threw in those extra bosses. I believe they made it easier for fans who don't want to play through the entire game again at full diffculty just to see the new stuff that was added.

Hehe, your username sort of does you justice :) I am an idiot because monsters in the original game are incredibly fast? Did you read the "This game its so frustratingly hard its making me scream" thread?

Right here http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102855

I think the problem is most people already forgot how the original felt like, and assume the GBA version didnt change much... I wish I could record a video, so I could show you the difference between a boss in my game and the same boss in the GBA version

Or take a powerful monster such as Red Dragons in the crystal zone... Before your whole party acts HE WILL ATTACK AT LEAST 5 TIMES NO MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE... even when you already have set all the comands... Get it now? It had NOTHING to do with how good of a player I am, they just skip turns or something

And about Zeromus, yes I somehow managed to beat him at avg 55 party, with Rosa casting cure4 every round which was still not enough, and thus only Rosa and Cecil survived the battle... simply because 2000 big bang every round = no chance (and when I say round, its ZEROMOUS round, not even a full round for my party)

Of course, if you play with ATB set to "WAIT" and lower the battle speed to the minimum you might be able to not notice the difference, as for me, I always play on active

Anyway, dispite this difficulty thing, its just frustrating that this is the only "active" final fantasy forum out there, and when I want to talk about a game, everyone only talks about the GBA version...

Evastio
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
the monsters and specially bosses dont have HALF the speed of the original ones
I really have to disagree with you there. A lot of the new monsters in FFIV Advance are way faster than your characters like Magic Dragons, Proto Phases, Platinum Toads, Grudge Puppets, and Golden Toads. Also the bosses are much more faster than your team. I doubt that you could get in 5 hits before bosses like Lunar Asura, Lunar Dragon, Brachioraidos, and Zeromus EG attack you.

Momiji
03-13-2007, 01:42 AM

Hehe, your username sort of does you justice :) I am an idiot because monsters in the original game are incredibly fast? Did you read the "This game its so frustratingly hard its making me scream" thread?

Right here http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102855

I think the problem is most people already forgot how the original felt like, and assume the GBA version didnt change much... I wish I could record a video, so I could show you the difference between a boss in my game and the same boss in the GBA version

Or take a powerful monster such as Red Dragons in the crystal zone... Before your whole party acts HE WILL ATTACK AT LEAST 5 TIMES NO MATTER HOW FAST YOU ARE... even when you already have set all the comands... Get it now? It had NOTHING to do with how good of a player I am, they just skip turns or something

And about Zeromus, yes I somehow managed to beat him at avg 55 party, with Rosa casting cure4 every round which was still not enough, and thus only Rosa and Cecil survived the battle... simply because 2000 big bang every round = no chance (and when I say round, its ZEROMOUS round, not even a full round for my party)

Of course, if you play with ATB set to "WAIT" and lower the battle speed to the minimum you might be able to not notice the difference, as for me, I always play on active

Anyway, dispite this difficulty thing, its just frustrating that this is the only "active" final fantasy forum out there, and when I want to talk about a game, everyone only talks about the GBA version...

First of all, my name is a reference to a song. But, you being an idiot and all, I don't think you'd get it.

Second of all, what do you mean 'your' game? Are you assuming I haven't played the original? And no, I've never been attacked 5 times in a row. Either you really suck or your game is smurfed up. I'm betting on the first.

As for Zeromus, even if you have a good party, Edge is bound to die. Rydia and Kain don't last long either. Rosa and Cecil are usually the main survivors anyway, unless you spend some quality time leveling everyone up.

Also, this isn't the only 'active' Final Fantasy forum. Go to the FFVII, FFX, and FFX-2 forums. You're bound to find more threads there suited to your limited comprehension.

Leeza
03-13-2007, 01:53 AM
Poetically Pathetic, do not resort to name calling of any member of this site. You can diss his opinion, but do NOT diss him. Enough with this line of posting. If you can't respect the other's opinion when posting, do not post.

The black mage
03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
So now if I want to discuss FF IV I have to buy a GBA and the remake? Please... And "right reasons" is relative... If you dont play for challenge, fine, some people do... Its just that nowadays if you ask for advice or try to discuss X boss people will go "that boss is easy, I killed him on lvl x" and I go "right, now do that on the original" and its very annoying
So you never played the GBA version. how can you Dis it if yove never played it. you don't see me dising ff6 of ff3.

Frostwake
03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
So you never played the GBA version. how can you Dis it if yove never played it. you don't see me dising ff6 of ff3.

I never played it but I saw videos of other people playing, and I wasnt the only one who commented "how come the bosses are so slow?"

Either you really suck or your game is smurfed up. I'm betting on the first.

Im betting on the second, I checked the monster listings of this site for FF IV and all monsters in my game have at least 50% more HP

Also, this isn't the only 'active' Final Fantasy forum. Go to the FFVII, FFX, and FFX-2 forums. You're bound to find more threads there suited to your limited comprehension.

I meant eyes on final fantasy as a whole, not FF IV... so much for calling me an idiot lol

And yes Im such a noob player... Can you beat Emerald in 1:30? Can you beat FFVIII Omega before he even does Megido Flame without holy wars? Can you kill FFV Omega without using bolt swords or ragnarok? List goes on... Does that make me a godly player? Nope, but does it make me a GOOD player? Sure as hell, so stop throwing insults around like youre better than me.. Just face the facts instead, the game is much harder, period

Jowy
03-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Please elaborate on how to kill Omega without spellblading Thundaga on your weapons.

The black mage
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM

I never played it but I saw videos of other people playing, and I wasnt the only one who commented "how come the bosses are so slow?"

How can u tell from a vidio, if its of the internet (e.g youtube) they all run a bit slow. And still it could have been a faulity cartage
EDIT The person may have been playing with the speed turned way down and in wait

Nominus Experse
03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
If we did this, there would be PC versions of FFVII and FFVIII, GBA versions of I and II, etcetera etcetera. It's something we don't really need, as the differences are not such that it necessitates having a completely new [sub]forum.

Also, most post which version they are playing, and so if there were to ever be any confusion, it's almost immediately taken care of.

And this elitist view as to where playing the hard-type version of FFII on the SNES...

Get over it. Most play games to enjoy them - not be recognizable gods simply because the speed seems strangely fast.

Takara
03-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Get over it. Most play games to enjoy them - not be recognizable gods simply because the speed seems strangely fast.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

theundeadhero
03-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I never played it but I saw videos of other people playing, and I wasnt the only one who commented "how come the bosses are so slow?"Maybe they had the game speed set a lot slower.

Im betting on the second, I checked the monster listings of this site for FF IV and all monsters in my game have at least 50% more HPThat's funny, because the FFIV section of the frontsite isn't based on the GBA version. It's based on the version you're playing. How do I know? Because I coded it.

The first time I beat this game was on a ROM of the SNES hard version. After that the Super Nintendo easy version did pale in comparison. Several years went by before the PS version came out, and then eventually the GBA version, and they did seem pretty easy to me too. I don't know if they really were easier, if if I just got better at the game beating the easy SNES version so many times between the hard versions. It could also have been that the hard version was my first play through the game, so I would naturally be better at it anyway.

No matter what the reason, it's easy enough to tell which version someone is talking about without freaking out over it. Nothing about the forum is going to change because you're unhappy about it.

Zeromus_X
03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
The HP of the monsters in the GBA version are the same as the PS1 version.

Also, you need to remember that many monsters in FFIV utilize counter attacks. This sometimes gives the impression that they're attacking many more times than they should.

Anyway, if you don't enjoy the GBA version, than just don't play it. The only reason so many people found the game to be a bit easy, is because these are many of the same people that have played the game numerous times in its previous incarnations. Also, some customization options like B-Button Dash and the ATB turn bug also make the game seem faster, but not really that much easier.

As an aside, YouTube does not make videos magically slower. The player may have had the battle speed set down as was previously mentioned, or it may have to do with the video uploader's compression methods (many people don't compress videos properly, which leads to out-of-sync video and audio and other problems).