PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card Problems

Auragaea
03-09-2007, 08:46 PM
My brother is having a serious problem with his PS1 memory card. Basically, whenever he saves a game on his memory card on a PS2, it acts like it saves fine, but when he tries to load it, the data isn't there anymore. He can't save on our PS1 either because the PS1 doesn't allow him to reformat his memory card (he's done it once before, but it doesn't work anymore). Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

Craig
03-09-2007, 10:13 PM
The PS3 is a stronger, faster killing machine and the PS2 and PS1 have become obsolete.

Auragaea
03-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Instead of being an ass, why don't you provide a good suggestion? I already know that the PS3 is better when it comes to power (gamewise, it's pretty crappy) , but we don't have enough more money to buy one nor does the PS3 play all PS1 and PS2 games.

Araciel
03-09-2007, 11:14 PM
yeah ass...wait...something feels out of place...like this thread

anyway, i would recommend trying a different memory card, if you still have the problem, it's obviously your console

KentaRawr!
03-09-2007, 11:55 PM
It's most definitely a problem with the hardware, not the software. (Meaning, either the system or the Memory Card, it can't be the game.)

Obviously, it gets some form of confirmation that it's made a link with the memory card, and then gets the confirmation that it saved. One possible explanation would be that it's sending the data to be stored, it saves very temporarily, and then sends confirmation back. In this case, it would be a dying Memory Card battery. If it's a third party, this makes sense. If it's a first party, it also makes sense. If it's a 2nd party, that makes no sense, because there's almost never 2nd party memory cards.

ANYWAY, if it works with your PS1 and not your PS2, then obviously, the problem is with the system. In this case, I'd suggest just getting used to playing on your PS1.

Auragaea
03-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Actually, my brother also tried his memory card on our old PS2 (which can't read games) and he was actually able to select his memory card on the browser screen, whereas he wasn't able to select it on the PS2 that actually works. Also, he can't play on a PS1 because his memory card is formatted for PS2 use and he can't format it back to a PS1 memory card.

KentaRawr!
03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Well then, that confuses me greatly. I suppose the problem is with the system, then, obviously. Maybe you could like, examine the memory card slot on both to see what the difference is between the two.

Slothy
03-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Formatted for a PS2? Is this some sort of third party memory card, because I've never had to format my PSX cards to work on my PS2. Only PS2 cards are formatted to my knowledge, but they don't let you directly save PSX games to them anyway.

BlueChaos
03-10-2007, 08:32 PM
The PS3 is a stronger, faster killing machine and the PS2 and PS1 have become obsolete.

PS2 is kicking the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out of PS3. So really, you have no room to say they are obsolete.

Craig
03-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I was saying that line from Terminator 2 or whatever. But, I didn't realise you felt so strongly about this subject, I can't apologise enough.

Remedy
03-12-2007, 09:42 AM
look !
it happened to me twice
on bothe PS2 and NGC
I've bought 2 new memories >.<
U have to do the same.

The Mog Ninja
03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I was saying that line from Terminator 2 or whatever. But, I didn't realise you felt so strongly about this subject, I can't apologise enough.

You beast! Lol.

Auragaea
03-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Formatted for a PS2? Is this some sort of third party memory card, because I've never had to format my PSX cards to work on my PS2. Only PS2 cards are formatted to my knowledge, but they don't let you directly save PSX games to them anyway.

That must mean my brother has a crappy memory card. Oh well, at least it isn't mine.

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
maybe his memory card has a virus of some sort?i think the PS3 wont phase out the PS2 anytime soon!aside from the fact that it's still expensive,a lot of games are still coming out for the PD2 which are all good games.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...