PDA

View Full Version : Speed berserker bunny!

Rabidewok
03-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Anyone make any interesting hybrids/classes in 12? (my story is below)

So after having Fran in my reserves party for like.. since she was level 14 I finally decided to test some classes with her. What I decided, to go with the "storyline" type reaction she has with "bad" mist or w/e makes her go insane and kill things. I made her a berserker basically.

I put leather armor on her to up her HP since she'll probably be hit the most seeing she'll be hitting random mobs all over the place.

For weapons i first tried to see how Brawling would work... IMO it sucks completely.. but who knows... she was lvl 30 hitting 37 mobs so i'm not sure how much of an effect that would have. After that I decided to use the Ninja swords since its power was upped in due to speed. Sadly haste has no effect on the damage she deals. But ninja swords are pretty fast so oh well.

Having her with haste, gives her the ability to hit twice before my Vaan can get 1 shot in ( around 1 and a 1/4 bar) to my surprise the nice things about ninja swords is that it SEEMS that they hit more times in a row, she can get like 4 hits off on a mob and kill them completely before my other guys knows whats going on.

So basically she has 2 gambits.. Self > Berserker and basically an Attack gambit which isn't really needed since shes berserked but it's there just incase (:skull::skull::skull::skull:s and giggles). So theres my Speed berserker, pretty damn simple but does awesome DPS.

Renmiri
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Katana blades have dark too :D

Sergeant Hartman
03-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Interesting gambit.

Rabidewok
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
lol k? Right now the ninja sword i have on her does slow which is useful, dark is more useful though...

Nothing beats having 100 sleeps on squalls weapon and putting mobs asleep with every hit :-p

too bad they don't let you duel wield daggers and 1h weapons.. merr oh well

oh yeah i forgot to mention i just have Penelo cast Haste on Fran whenever she debuffs. The main annoying thing is when Fran stands there and casts berserk 3 times and misses until she FINALLY does it.

Renmiri
03-09-2007, 10:52 PM
High magic resistence is what causes buffs to miss but it protects against magic foes :D

rubah
03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Taking Basch/Balthier/anyone who is low on MP and bravery haste berserking them is a standard routine for me.

I keep balthier equipped with light ninja swords, so esp. with genji gloves he gets a lot of hits off, but berserk likes to miss on him, but basch will take to it with the first two casts, so I prefer to not bother wasting time casting berserk over and over. Berserk in itself increases your speed, so with haste, it's <3

Renmiri
03-11-2007, 01:36 AM
I always make my guests Berserk

ValiantKnight
03-11-2007, 07:09 AM
As long as you don't berserk the little one.
Infinite hi-potions = don't berserk him.

Renmiri
03-11-2007, 04:45 PM
True, not him but the other two

Kuronama
03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
vaan with the genji gloves + masamune + bravery + berserk = massive dps. attacks soooo fast, and combos all the time. its ridiculous.

Rabidewok
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
i don't have genji gloves yet.. unless i missed them :cry:... and i'm not at all sure what bravery does, probably something along the lines of what brave did in FFT, which would be good.

Renmiri
03-12-2007, 04:30 PM
# Bravery - Increases physical attack strength
# Bubble - Doubles an ally's HP
# Faith - Increases magical attack strength

Rabidewok
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Mmmmmm sounds like a gambit

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Yep, I put them all on top, with protect and Shell