PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet

UltimaMasamune
03-10-2007, 03:25 AM
for those who don't know what it is, it's a 2.5D sidescrolling game for the PS3 where you cam create your levels and characters and submit them online(game developers can d it too), it can have up to four players on/offline and relies completely on physics check this for more info
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=61535

I personally think this is a very cool looking game, it's basically like YouTube but with game levels instead of videos

A level where you play as Gilgamesh and Enkido and have to find his swords would be very cool if SE doesn't make this level than I will do it myself (Auron and Snake can wait)

Slicksword45
03-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Here's a game play video of a level someone made :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuoRp32W5l0)

This is sowing how to make things. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuoOosTdFiY&mode=related&search=)

kinda cool :D

Dreddz
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
This game will kick all kinds of ass.

KentaRawr!
03-10-2007, 08:20 PM
This is gonna be the game I buy when I get a PS3, no doubt.

UltimaMasamune
03-10-2007, 08:44 PM
This game has kicked all kinds of ass.

People were clapping they're brains out when they saw Sonys presentation

KentaRawr!
03-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm probably just gonna make a bunch of levels that look like old SMB levels, and like, paste a huge picture of what the level it's based off of on some paper in the background. >_> And make my sack-boy look like Luigi.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm making Jenga!

Madame Adequate
03-10-2007, 10:04 PM
KILLER APP'D!

MecaKane
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Want!

Markus. D
03-11-2007, 12:17 AM
so awesome ^_^!

I wan't it!

I loooooonnnng for it.

Maxico
03-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Somehow I get the feeling that 90% of user created levels are going to be remakes of Sonic/Mario/Megaman levels, that completely miss the point of the game.

I hope the filtering system's good.

KentaRawr!
03-11-2007, 01:07 AM
I heard that this game is supposed to come out as a downloadable game at first, but then, after a while, a disc version will come out which includes the highest ranked levels! o.o

It was just in gossip, though. I don't know if it's true.

Shoeberto
03-11-2007, 05:24 AM
The graphical style is cool and the premise is interesting, but it just doesn't seem like it's entirely cohesive yet. Maybe I just don't understand the concept fully?

Elite Lord Sigma
03-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Sorry. Still doesn't justify me buying a PS3.

Spammerman
03-11-2007, 06:49 AM
That evil Kenievel doll thingy is b-a(bad-ass)

Rostum
03-11-2007, 09:34 AM
It looks very good, imo.

Lionx
03-11-2007, 09:51 AM
This is gonna be the game I buy when I get a PS3, no doubt.

UltimaMasamune
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
to all the people worrying about the levels don't worry since developers are making levels too and the filtering system(shown in onme of the trailers) looks very good

nobody is forcing you to buy one

Frozen Phantom
03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
It seems like a good idea...but there are a few questions I want answered.

1: Is there a way to add a combat system to the mix? (Health bar and attacks.)

2: Is there a way to add scripted events? (like for example an explosion.)

3: Is there a way to change the available music? (even thought thats probably going to be obvious.)

If theres a yes on all 3, then we really have come opportunities

Elite Lord Sigma
03-11-2007, 03:40 PM
to all the people worrying about the levels don't worry since developers are making levels too and the filtering system(shown in onme of the trailers) looks very good

nobody is forcing you to buy one

What gave you the impression that I thought I was being forced into buying it?

Also, if I ever do get a PS3, I'll pick this up.

Maxico
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM

3: Is there a way to change the available music? (even thought thats probably going to be obvious.)

Time will tell, but I doubt it for all three. At least I hope none of those will be implemented.

Frozen Phantom
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Time will tell, but I doubt it for all three. At least I hope none of those will be implemented.

Okay...I understand your lack of support on the combat...but what do you have against events and other music...

Slothy
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM

Okay...I understand your lack of support on the combat...but what do you have against events and other music...

Actually, I don't think any of those are bad ideas. I think the concept behind the game would certainly justify offering that kind of flexibility. In fact, it seems like the sort of thing they could just keep adding features to if they wanted, and more flexibility in creating gameplay experiences could certainly extend it's life indefinitely. At the very least, expanding the concept into other genres would be a great idea. This is hands down the coolest thing I've seen in a long time, and more next-gen than any other game I've seen lately.

Maxico
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Words

A. A massive hike in filesize, just so Linkin Park plays over the 'harrdcore runin frum explojuns' doesn't seem like a great thing to me.
Most people have a terrible taste in music and I'd quite like it if it wasn't forced on me.

B. Having to open up a scripting console would completely break the flow of the multiplayer co-operative stage building gameplay they showed. Not to mention that a console game is just the wrong place to do that, and it would give you invisible elements to your level that would make everything alot more confusing.

I also cannot think of a single instance in which scripted events would add to the game.

C. You have to make this as idiot proof as possible, because 90% of people are idiots that have to be kept on path.

I already think the ability to load stickers from the harddrive to place in your level, or even while playing the game is an incredibly stupid idea, as is pretty much guarantees that every stage is going to be covered in Goatse/tub girl

Hopefully the filtering system will stop the internet from ruining this game.

Slothy
03-11-2007, 08:06 PM
A. A massive hike in filesize, just so Linkin Park plays over the 'harrdcore runin frum explojuns' doesn't seem like a great thing to me.
Most people have a terrible taste in music and I'd quite like it if it wasn't forced on me.

Who says other peoples music would have to be forced on you? I would imagine that letting you play tracks from your harddrive just for you to listen to instead of the ingame stuff wouldn't be that hard. Not saying they'd do it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea, and is something that could be pretty simple for players to use.

Jowy
03-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Those little guys are SO CUTE.

I want this, but I feel like I'd be too lazy to make my own. ;D

Maxico
03-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Who says other peoples music would have to be forced on you?

The previous poster made it sound like that was what he had in mind.

Nothing wrong with using music from the harddrive.

Frozen Phantom
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I also cannot think of a single instance in which scripted events would add to the game

Your going against the idea of having godzilla in the background destorying a city? That would require scripting...The possiblity of "story" levels would require scripting for text or voices. There are alot of possiblities that scripting could add alot of depth.

Maxico
03-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Your going against the idea of having godzilla in the background destorying a city? That would require scripting...The possiblity of "story" levels would require scripting for text or voices. There are alot of possiblities that scripting could add alot of depth.

Yes.

Because the PS3 is entirely the right place to model, texture, animate and script Godzilla destroying a city?
How does that even fit in with the tiny backyard theme?

And... you're just completely missing the point. Text and voices? If you actually want to make your own game, there are plently of ways of going about it. However ,this is about making your own level, with the possibilites coming from the built in physics of the game itself.

Honestly I would give one ingeniously conceived physics based contraption over a thousand 'awesome story based epic level with boss fights and robots and explosions and animated backgrounds!!'.

Sounds like what you really want is Flash.

Also, assuming developers who weren't involved in making the game are producing levels, I'm actually really interested in seeing the difference between the top end user created content, and the developer stuff on a level playing field.

As in, are the developers really just talentless hacks with funding, or do they really have amazing skills that a dedicated non-industry level designer lacks?

Slicksword45
03-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I think it's been confermerd that you can put in your own music.

Also, I found out that it will be avaibal on the PSN at first, and later on disc, along with the best levels.

Khaotic
03-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Doesn't seem that great to me.

JKTrix
03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
It's a 'build your own game' kind of thing. It doesn't really appeal to me either, but I can see the value in it. Game designing isn't one of my interests. I'd much rather just play a good game.

Maxico
03-12-2007, 06:59 PM
It's a 'build your own game' kind of thing. It doesn't really appeal to me either, but I can see the value in it. Game designing isn't one of my interests. I'd much rather just play a good game.

Design your own level.

I usually really don't see the appeal in pre packaged "RPG GAME MAKER 2000" type deals, but this is more of a 2D Garry's mod.

Also, source on that music thing please, because that would be bad.

UltimaMasamune
03-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Slicksword45 nextgenwars sucks use vgcharts.org its much more accurate

some info about the game
-the game doesn't have a story you just make,download levels and play them

-you can customize everything about the your character

-You don't have to make levels you can just download them

-Custom music for the levels won't be around mostly because of copyright reasons, how ever custom music for the PS3 games itself will be around by the time Home BETA is released(april)

-Making your own level in this game is like preparing your characters for a Final Boss in FF, it doesn't take alot of time and customizing the levels will happen while your are playing them

-Any developer can make levels for this game SE, Konami, Capcom, Sony, Bandai Namco even Nintendo and MS can make levels for this(although Nintendo did say that they hate home+LBP) MS liked so there is a chance of seeing them make a level

-Downloading a level is like watching a youtube video

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
man!!i thought it was another pixar movie.it's soooo cool!!!!it looks so solid.like i can really touch it.cant wait for it to come out!

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still....