PDA

View Full Version : if you could would you?

Agrias
03-10-2007, 03:46 AM
if you were brought a time machine from some random stranger, what would you do? You can only use it once, and you can either go back in time or forward in time. Would you try to change the past? Or would you go to the future to see how you will be? Or would you pass it up because you like the mystery in life?

i think i'd go in the future, see where i'd be.

NeoCracker
03-10-2007, 03:49 AM
I'd sell it on Ebay

Bunny
03-10-2007, 03:50 AM
I'd go back in time and prevent Jesus from being born.

Take THAT religion.

Then I'd go box with Hitler.

Agrias
03-10-2007, 04:34 AM
lol! well i think i'd be more frightened that a complete stranger gave it to me :\ that would make me want to throw it at someone :\

Tasura
03-10-2007, 04:49 AM
I'd go far into the future, buy assloads of cheap external hard drives then use the closest time machine and come back to this time, and download anime forever. >.>

Renmiri
03-10-2007, 05:05 AM
I would change some things in my recent past :plotting:

Yuffie514
03-10-2007, 07:51 AM
i'd like to visit some really ancient civilization, like China during the Han dynasty. but, i know i can just watch Han Wu Da Di. i prefer to see if my future has better things in store for me.

Ko Ko
03-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I am so selfish; first I would go see myself in 40 years to count how many cats I own.

Then, I would like to see the progress of America. I would like to know how long we have until we explode the world, or something.

BarelySeeAtAll
03-10-2007, 04:28 PM
forward in time...see whether i die of old age/murder/suicide/natural cause...so many possibilties, too many

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm using it to edit this post right now

Giga Guess
03-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Time's a very fussy thing. I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

Sergeant Hartman
03-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Don't mess with time! :mad2:

Xander
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
No cos when I come back my town will be full of weeds. ;__; Time travel is BAD. :(

Nominus Experse
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
What is, is. I would not use it.

Old Manus
03-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd go back in time and kidnap a load of famous people for my History project.

EDIT: Only if it was shaped like a phone box

Odaisé Gaelach
03-10-2007, 06:52 PM
You can only use it once You can use it as many times as you want

I've already gone back in time and altered that post.

Reles
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I would probably push someone else into the future to see if it worked properly first. Then I would just stay where I'm at and not use the time machine, then wait for that random person to beat me up in the future. :(

Diango12
03-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I would use it to my advantage in dominating and unifying this planet! By constructing a giant military fortress called Aumman` then building the greatest army this world has ever seen the Directricy!

Once then I will march on the five continents of the world. Brining to knees first Africa which my secret base will be hidden in and then the world!

But if I had a time machine I would just go to the future to see what its like.

Formalhaut
03-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Ohhh. As many times as we want? Ok.

1) I will go into future and buy all future Final Fantasy games and then get the invisable potion. THEN would get the anti-invisable potion. Then back to present. Drink invisable potion. Scare people sh**less.

Leen-Leen
03-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I'd probably go in the future to see what's going on. Then maybe I could change stuff. Yeahhh ...

Remon
03-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I'd change some things in my past :plotting:

KentaRawr!
03-10-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd go back to my home...

In the future!

Like, dude.

Rye
03-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I would if I were just an observer and I wouldn't be able to change anything. Think Harry Potter when he observes the past through other people's memories. :]

Dynast-Kid
03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I'd sell it on Ebay

yanis
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
What will happen if I go to the future and there's no life on earth:cry: What am I going to do there alone???

Anyway I like the mystery in life!!!

Araciel
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
i'd buy a sports almanac then go back about 50 years...

Agrias
03-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I think i'd like to use it to go back in time and get a full perpective on history. Its always intrigued me and i think it would be very interesting to see it first hand.

blackmage_nuke
03-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Take it apart to build something far more impressive

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
i would use it to turn back today

Iceglow
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
If I went back in time I could prevent a great many wrongs. However every action taken in this world has led to this current situation and more importantly since ALL humans are selfish to a degree and would change something that has affected them in the past I immediately think of what makes the short list for what I would change:

+ Not moving to my brothers 4 years ago when I had the chance, that would have infact have changed all of the other things I have on this shortlist. I should have gone to his and lived there with him.

I then think of what or where would I like to go in the future I could go see how I turned out secretly but in doing so I would change that future irrevocably because since the time machine is single use it will never come to pass for me because I am in the timezone of the future trapped.

I would rather go back 4 years and move to my brothers but having the knowlege of now I would be able to steer my life in directions I want to progress in.

EDIT: I suppose if I had to do a unselfish reason I would move backwards in to the past having learnt a lot of stuff about energy production and methods of renewable power and teach the people of the victorian era the secrets of electricity from renewable sources rather than steam and coal.

Agrias
03-10-2007, 11:01 PM
If I went back in time I could prevent a great many wrongs. However every action taken in this world has led to this current situation and more importantly since ALL humans are selfish to a degree and would change something that has affected them in the past I immediately think of what makes the short list for what I would change:

+ Not moving to my brothers 4 years ago when I had the chance, that would have infact have changed all of the other things I have on this shortlist. I should have gone to his and lived there with him.

I then think of what or where would I like to go in the future I could go see how I turned out secretly but in doing so I would change that future irrevocably because since the time machine is single use it will never come to pass for me because I am in the timezone of the future trapped.

I would rather go back 4 years and move to my brothers but having the knowlege of now I would be able to steer my life in directions I want to progress in.

EDIT: I suppose if I had to do a unselfish reason I would move backwards in to the past having learnt a lot of stuff about energy production and methods of renewable power and teach the people of the victorian era the secrets of electricity from renewable sources rather than steam and coal.

where does your brother live?...wait..havent you already told me that? i'm gonna go back in time to see if you told me that. BRB

Firo Volondé
03-10-2007, 11:17 PM
I would go back in time and kill Agrias's grandparents so she could never start this thread... but then, if she never started this thread, I'd never have gone back in time in the first place. The resulting paradox would tear a hole in the space-time continuum and destroy the universe, ensuring that Square will never make a crappy FFVII add-on again. Success!

Disco Potato
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Back to the Future movies taught me that the smallest things can really screw up time, so no :p

Agrias
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I would go back in time and kill Agrias's grandparents so she could never start this thread... but then, if she never started this thread, I'd never have gone back in time in the first place. The resulting paradox would tear a hole in the space-time continuum and destroy the universe, ensuring that Square will never make a crappy FFVII add-on again. Success!

D:
you mean horrible person! i shall smite you from the future!

Araciel
03-10-2007, 11:33 PM
you can't smite from the future...for all intents and purposes the past doesn't exist anyway, so time travel is silly...we can only travel forward at various speeds. i take back my previous post.

Venom
03-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I'd go back to the middle ages with a vaccine for plague! I'd say I was God in human form and my family would rule the world. How fucking cool would that be?

Araciel
03-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I'd go back to the middle ages with a vaccine for plague! I'd say I was God in human form and my family would rule the world. How smurfing cool would that be?

dood you know how much vaccine you'd need?
also what if you caught the plague? :O vaccines don't work retroactively!
plus good luck getting people to let you stab them with a needle

Levian
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I would go back in time and annoy my other self by spoiling all our favorite movies and games. Haha, I can't wait to see the look on my face when I tell myself Aeris dies. Oh and then we'll buy skittles and I'll eat all the purple ones. :laugh:

Venom
03-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I'd go back to the middle ages with a vaccine for plague! I'd say I was God in human form and my family would rule the world. How smurfing cool would that be?

dood you know how much vaccine you'd need?
also what if you caught the plague? :O vaccines don't work retroactively!
plus good luck getting people to let you stab them with a needle

People would let doctors cut there arms and drip blood everywhere I dont think a little poke will scare them too :skull::skull::skull::skull:less now.:p

SNOOZER
03-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I would go back in time to the moment where my parents we're having sex to have me. I'd run into the room and slap my dad in the ass and scream "I'M FROM THE FUTURE I'M YOUR SON! HAHAHAHAHAH!" and run away.

Incidently enough I'd love to have Dane Cook's babies.

Agrias
03-11-2007, 12:05 AM
I would go back in time to the moment where my parents we're having sex to have me. I'd run into the room and slap my dad in the ass and scream "I'M FROM THE FUTURE I'M YOUR SON! HAHAHAHAHAH!" and run away.

Incidently enough I'd love to have Dane Cook's babies.

oh my dear goodness gracious! ME TOO! -drool-

optimus prime, ahhaahahah!!! xDDD

SNOOZER
03-11-2007, 01:05 AM
You're too late Agrias, I already had Optimus with him. Now let me get out of here before we stray off topic.

Jojee
03-11-2007, 03:11 AM
^^I'd go into the future, like 100 years and see what's up~ not that fascinated with the past. Plus I'd be too afraid I'd fug something up :(

DarkLadyNyara
03-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Two words- stock market. :shifty:

That, or I'd go back to last summer, and tell myself not to register for that damned english class. (That or drop it before it counted as a W.) Then I'd actually have gotten financial aid this semester. :mad: