PDA

View Full Version : learn something new everytime

cloud21zidane16
03-11-2007, 12:57 AM
i started again and was just finishing off the dollet mission, when X-ATM092 was chasing me i got to the restaraunt where squad c is, and i went inside, id never done this before and X-ATM092 ran straight past:eek: and i went to the vessel normally. no fmv or anything,i never knew this can happen, it felt really incomplete without the fmv though:( lol

also ive heard X-ATM092 can be defeated and drops certain items, does the fmv shown if you defeat him?

Takara
03-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Running into the restaurant gives you major penalties though.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure about getting any items but their is definetly a possibility of getting 50AP from the fight. I've tried hard to find out how it all works out but have failed. I believe it may also be possible to obtain multiples of this 50AP depending on how many times you can knock it down in succession but I'd imagine it would require cutting time very thinly

Comet
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I got 50AP. You have to first beat it down until Zell says 'Let's get the hell outta here!' Then the machine will start to repair itself. Someone will say (I think Zell) 'Is it repairing itself?' And you just keep attacking him again and again until he is fully repaired. After that he will just fall down again and Zell, again, will say 'Let's get the hell outta here!' Then you escape. Then you get 50AP.

Mirage
03-11-2007, 03:50 PM
You also can't defeat it the first time you encounter it, you must run away and kill it later.
It might drop a Rosetta Stone if you kill it.

Comet
03-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I heard it drops an adamantine so it is possible to obtain Lionheart in disc 1.

cloud21zidane16
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
i decided to load the game and try defeating him, i looked through some sites and some said that they only place it can be defeated is on the bridge, it also said that out of 3 or 4 items 1 is randonly given to you for wining,

i defeated him, it was a cool explosion, i got my 50 ap and the item was an orihalcon

Mirage
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I heard it drops an adamantine so it is possible to obtain Lionheart in disc 1.
That should be possible even if X-ATM092 didn't drop that item.

Xurts
03-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I guess it drops one of several random items. I must've gotten at least around 200-300 AP for fighting it over and over. I did the power level trick with Seifer before going to the tower, so Quezacotl was at level 100. Takes no time to bash X-ATM092 then.

cloud21zidane16
03-11-2007, 09:32 PM
another item you can get is the hypno crown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_-2Xgk3zUQ

farplaner
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
deafeat X-ATM; 50 AP; power level!?!?

scratches head in best chimpanzee imitation.

So can it only be defeated on the bridge? How much HP does it have (total)? What is this power level trick, or where did you find it Xurts?

ReloadPsi
03-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Basically it drops an item that teaches either Str, Mag, Vit or Spr+40%. In the past I've had Mag and Vit.

It has approximately 8,400 HP but its self-repair makes that very difficult to keep a watch on. I've only ever defeated it while it was on the bridge, and have been told many times before that the bridge is indeed the only spot where you can actually defeat it. No power-levelling is required; Renzokuken, Duel and Slot (Thundara x3 ftw!) tend to do it, especially since, at that point in the game, you should have the ability to Junction 100 Fires or similar to Squall and Zell's Str, likewise to Selphie's Mag.

This will cost you dearly for how much time it takes you to reach the vessel, but if played correctly, it also means you get no penalties for the amount of times you run away from it, plus 100 bonus points for messing him up. I usually end up with a Seed rank 9 if I can actually destroy it. It's not very hard at all, and I pretty much guarantee that if you fight it on the bridge you will kill it. Also, if you've defeated enough enemies during the mission, you can easily secure a starting rank of 10.

It's just a damn shame you don't get that awesome FMV.

farplaner
03-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Thx, Psi. Very informative. I'm still interested in the power level trick, though...just out of curiosity.

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 05:40 PM
i decided to load the game and try defeating him, i looked through some sites and some said that they only place it can be defeated is on the bridge, it also said that out of 3 or 4 items 1 is randonly given to you for wining,

i defeated him, it was a cool explosion, i got my 50 ap and the item was an orihalcon
that's cool but what does the Orihalcon do though?.....

well as for the level up trick, that really takes up alot of someone's time to acquire such levels. But i guess that would make things too easy for people getting through the game......

Xurts
03-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Thx, Psi. Very informative. I'm still interested in the power level trick, though...just out of curiosity.
What you do is kill Squall and Zell as soon as your arrive in Dollet. Then run around for a couple hours killing enemies with Seifer. It takes a long time, but if you level Seifer up to around 63-ish you can stock up on magic like Thundaga, Firaga, etc. and junction those spells to your normal characters' stats to make them super strong at very low levels. Your GFs will also be at level 100. Although that doesn't really matter since if your characters have -aga magic junctioned they will just tear through anything anyway. It's still fun to waste X-ATM092 to get a ton of AP though.

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
lol nice then i going to try that today ^_^ let's see if it will work with me lol........ that's funny i'm going to see Squall and Zell dead on the floor through out the leveling lol

farplaner
03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
What you do is kill Squall and Zell as soon as your arrive in Dollet. Then run around for a couple hours killing enemies with Seifer. It takes a long time, but if you level Seifer up to around 63-ish you can stock up on magic like Thundaga, Firaga, etc.

OK, thanks, Xurts. I think I'll pass on that strategy, though... I'm not quite obsessive enough.