PDA

View Full Version : PIECE OF :skull::skull::skull::skull:

Cruise Control
03-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Yeah. I bought the Diablo 2 expansion today. I was sooooooo excited. I got home, ripped it open, took a crap, and installed it. However, when I went to play it, and it didn't work. Windows can't read the CD. Even though its in there. I just installed it. Its a new game, no scratches. I ran the troubleshooter, and that is fail. I'm so desperate, I'm posting about it.

What's the issue, and how do I fix it?

Rostum
03-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Are other CD's working? It could be a case of something wrong with your CD-ROM drive. Perhaps it needs to update its firmware. Which was the case recently with me, when I could see nothing on a recently burnt CD and once I updated the firmware, it was all there.

Other than that, I'm not quite sure.

Cruise Control
03-11-2007, 05:45 AM
I've run the trouble-shooter found here: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=aInformation0287p1
I've downloaded the patch. And uninstalled Diablo, and redid the Full Install. No idea whats wrong.

Leeza
03-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe you need to do a Windows Update for something. The latest music CD that I bought wouldn't play on my computer until I upgraded to WMP 11. After that it was okay. Of course you need SP2 for that. And maybe this information is totally not something that would help you anyway and if that's the case you can just ignore it. :cat:

Rostum
03-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Hmm, I'm really not sure. I bet O_o knows! But in either case, does Diablos II work on WindowsXP or what ever OS you are running?

CimminyCricket
03-11-2007, 08:33 AM
lawl cruise, all that and it still won't work? I recommend taking it back and explaining the problem to the cashier, or you can do what I said earlier. xcD

o_O
03-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm guessing by the fact that you reinstalled Diablo II that other CDs do work?

If that's the case, it sounds like a faulty CD to me. You could try ripping a disc image and mounting it using an image mounting utility. You don't need DaemonTools or Alcohol120%, you can use <a href="http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/b/6/7b6abd84-7841-4978-96f5-bd58df02efa2/winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel_21.exe">this</a> free and tiny utility.

Failing that, returning the CD and ask for a replacement, would be my next move.

Cruise Control
03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
The other CD's worked. This is so unfair.

I can't find the file it wants me to find.

ValiantKnight
03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
There were some issues with version 1.04 I think about not being able to read CDs when trying to play. I remember having such an issue. It was resolved by a 1.04D patch I think.. but memory escapes me at the moment.
You might try updating to the latest patch version from blizzard, which is available on their site.

It may help, may not.

Otherwise i'd take the advice above and change out the CD with the store if possible.

Seeing as the expansion is by default the 1.08 patch.. I doubt this will help /sorry.

crono_logical
03-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Maybe you need to do a Windows Update for something. The latest music CD that I bought wouldn't play on my computer until I upgraded to WMP 11. After that it was okay. Of course you need SP2 for that. And maybe this information is totally not something that would help you anyway and if that's the case you can just ignore it. :cat:Welcome to the world of DRM-crippled products.