PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Man

XxSephirothxX
03-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Who's seen Grizzly Man, the documentary about Timothy Treadwell and his bizarre fascination with bears. Honestly, after hearing about some of the humorous scenes in the documentary from a friend, we decided to download and watch it, and it certainly wasn't disappointing. Nearly everyone in the film is crazy in some bizarre way, but Treadwell himself takes the cake.

He spouted out so many hilarious, nonsensical things that it's impossible to pick a favorite, but after yelling at every manner of spiritual being he could think of for rain, including "Christ-Guy" and "Hindu floaty-thing," he finally was awarded with a torrential downfall and exuberantly declared that he would be, among other things, the "Hindu floaty-thing's" gopher boy. And then there's the scene where he chases a fox that stole his hat, yelling "That hat is really fucking important!"

He even spent about a minute overflowing with emotion while touching and describing a pile of bear :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Has anyone else seen Grizzly Man? I'm sure there are people out there who would watch it in a serious light, but it's definitely the funniest documentary I've ever seen. :p

Nominus Experse
03-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I've seen it.

It was humorous in some ways, and in some parts, rather neat, but for the majority, I felt as though I was watching a kid play with his video camera on a camping trip. An overly emotional kid that was not completely grounded in reality.

It didn't surprise me when he died.

Pete for President
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I've seen it. I like the parts with the foxes, the guy acts a bit more... normal around them and it's awesome that the foxes trust him and stuff.

sockmonkey
03-11-2007, 02:24 PM
It's not whether you think you are one with the bears or not,
it's do the BEARS think you are one with them.

Laddy
03-11-2007, 02:30 PM
It was the weird, and that guy's creepy, the guy's girlfriend must have the patience of a saint, and I was saddened at the death. :(

Roto13
03-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I downloaded it but I never got around to watching it. Eaten by bears. Right on.

GooeyToast
03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
It is indeed hilarious, especially the Hindu-floaty thing part. Though I must say getting eaten alive on tape must have really sucked.

Burtsplurt
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Funny and deeply sad at the same time. Treadwell was obviously pretty deluded, but he'd found a kind of faith out there. Unfortunately, it was always going to be pretty untenable.

I felt very sorry for his girlfriend. It was pretty upsetting when the coroner and Herzog were describing her death