PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Guitar Hero

Takara
03-11-2007, 10:14 AM
My precious... BROKEN! :weep:

I've never cried over a video game until now. I'm so mad! I take super, extra good care of all my video games, and the one time one of them gets damaged, it's my favourite one. Worse, I've lost the receipt for it, so despite the fact I bought my copy not even 2 weeks ago, I can't get it replaced.

GRR!!! And I still don't know HOW it got damaged! Last time I played, Tuesday, it was working just fine. *Le sigh* Now, the disc is full of circular scratches, and it skips. No clue what happened there. I ALWAYS store my games in the case after I'm done playing them.

50$ wasted. Guess now I'll have to shop online for a new copy, because there is no way I'll find another one here. It was a miracle in itself that I found a brand new copy in this hole of a town.

Captain Maxx Power
03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Could have been worse. You could have broken your guitar. I named mine Peggy and Sue :love:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-11-2007, 01:44 PM
I had disc 4 of my second copy of FFVIII break down during the ending FMV after only viewing it once. I guess I just don't know how to take care of my games

KentaRawr!
03-11-2007, 01:50 PM
One time, I found my Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker disc in a toy box.

It didn't work quite right. >_>

Laddy
03-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Try using a glass cleanser and a cloth on the disc. :)

Roto13
03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
*heart attack*

I thought future Guitar Hero games were being canceled or something. >_>

Takara
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Sorry Roto. If that was the case, though, I would have just died myself.

So, it seems my PS2 is the culprit. The scratches come from either a bit of dust that was stuck inside or the fact my PS2 door's not aligned properly. Seeing my FFXII disk has similar scratches, it's most likely what happened.

Miracles do happen, apparently. One of the guys at my video game store managed to find me another brand new copy in another store, and they'll receive it later this week. They're also going to clean my PS2 and make a general check-up of it to make sure the problem is fixed.

Still... Grr!!!