PDA

View Full Version : Laguna crash

gamer_lady
03-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Hay everyone. I'm from Croatia.
I have a problem with a game FF VIII on PC.
My game crashes when I start playing with Laguna, Kiros and Ward for the first time after a trip on the train. I came to the forest and when I'm suposed to fight game crashes.:(
On www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com) I found 2 patches and they don' work...it doesn't helps at all...
PLEASE help me:confused:

Can anyone help me PLEASE :kaocry: :-\ :whimper: :weep:

cloud21zidane16
03-11-2007, 06:25 PM
try cleaning the disc

Mirage
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
First, patience is a virtue. Don't fret just because someone hasn't replied to your thread within one day.

I'd recommend making sure that your drivers are up to date, and if they are, try reinstalling the game. If that fails, you can try installing it on a different PC and play past the part that crashes on your PC. You wouldn't have to start over on a different game, because you can move your save files from one PC to another.

Garnie
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
it might be the game has a scratch! give it a clean or buy a new one!lol

Mirage
03-11-2007, 06:32 PM
On the PC version, the entire game is stored on the hard disk, and only movies are loaded from the CDs, so a scratched CD shouldn't lead to problems other than skipping or freezing movies.

gamer_lady
03-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks I will give a try :cool:

First, patience is a virtue. Don't fret just because someone hasn't replied to your thread within one day.

I'd recommend making sure that your drivers are up to date, and if they are, try reinstalling the game. If that fails, you can try installing it on a different PC and play past the part that crashes on your PC. You wouldn't have to start over on a different game, because you can move your save files from one PC to another.

How can I move save file...I tryed to copy and past the save file and it didn't aplyed to the game when I want to load

Please don't double post, use the Edit/Delete button to add information to a just previously made post. Thanks! ~ Zeromus

Mirage
03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Um. It worked for me. Make sure that you put it in the exact same directory on the other PC.

Also, you should edit your posts instead of posting twice in a row. Forum rules etc.

Disco Potato
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Have you used any save file editors? If you have, maybe you can try taking out the stuff you put in with them.

If you have Windows XP, the save files are in My Computer > C: > Program Files > Squaresoft > Final Fantasy VIII > Save > Slot 1/2. As Mirage said, just copy and paste to the appropriate folders.

gamer_lady
03-12-2007, 08:12 AM
I succeed to load a file but the game still crashes :confused:
And I found on page: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy8/forum.html
-> topic: Disc 1 Game Crash
one dude has the same problem and sombody gave him his save file:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=289935

so I downloaded and tryed it to do the same thing I've done with my save file and it didn't worked....I think because it's the wrong format....and I don't know how to change it:(

EDIT:
Nevermind, I've downloaded that file again and succeed to apply to the other save files and it works.
I'm very grateful to everyone who tryed to help me :ty: