PDA

View Full Version : My Documents/My Pictures etc

Xander
03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Hiiii. I recently got a new hard drive so I can just have all my files on that one, and keep just windows and programs on C. But in Windows like on the start bar and stuff I have the default My Music and My Documents folders which it automatically creates and always seems to use as the default folder for stuff.

And I can drag my own shortcuts for the folders on the new drive anywhere, yeah, but I wondered if theres a way to change the default destination for those folders like.. the ones above control panel etc, on the right of the start bar in windows XP

I hope it makes sense what Im getting at. xD I wanna be able to like use the new drive as default location but Windows always wants to chuck everything on C. Perhaps there is no way around this though.

Rostum
03-12-2007, 12:54 AM
See, I once went into most programs (such as WMP) where Windows would use the folders in My Documents as the default (My Music for ripping from WMP). And I changed the settings so that it would rip my music on a different drive.

It's futile! Sooner or later it always just goes back to the default in My Documents. :(

Baloki
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
You can move your My Documents Folder by right-clicking it on your desktop and changing the destination.

For the My Music and My Pictures TweakUI might just do it, but I doubt it as Windows likes to play difficult :(

crono_logical
03-12-2007, 01:15 AM
I thought My Music/Pictures are subfolders of wherever you stick the My Documents folder? :p

Xander
03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
baloki ficksed it :D