PDA

View Full Version : Which Golden Sun game is your favorite?

Zeromus_X
03-12-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm going to have to go with the Lost Age. It's world was much more detailed and had much more content then Golden Sun, which I always felt was incomplete (although, Camelot practically forces you to play the sequel with the cliffhanger ending). I also believe it has the superior soundtrack, Sakuraba rules, etc.

My only gripe about the game would have to be the Transfer feature. Not everyone has two Gameboy Advances and a GBA link cable. So this leaves most people to input a six-page password to transfer the Clear Data information from the first Golden Sun, which isn't very fun.

Still, I love both games, and would be very happy if Camelot ever makes a third game (it'd be perfect with for the Nintendo DS).

Roto13
03-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I love Golden Sun. It was the first GBA game I ever bought. I can't choose between them, though. I'm just gonna cop out and say they're one long game and therefor I don't have to choose between them. :P

Shoeberto
03-12-2007, 12:12 AM
I haven't played that game since... junior high, maybe? And now I want to pull it out. Sheesh.

I remember I got to a point and was stuck. I completely forget where, though.

Firo Volondé
03-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I like the first one, as I never got around to playing the second.

ljkkjlcm9
03-12-2007, 02:26 AM
as far as I am aware, they were actually suppose to be one game. That's why they had the transfer and everything. You should never play the second unless you played the first, and the second was just so much better than the first. Basically all the weapons/items from the first become useless, and all that matters are characters and such. And it's much harder to level characters than many other RPGs such as the FF series. It's hard finding those damn wonder birds!

Love the game, they need to make one for the Wii. It'd be great with the powers, using the Wii remote to grab and move items and such!

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
03-12-2007, 02:34 AM
Ive played through most of number 1.

I must say Zeromus_X. Lost Age looks fantastic from what I have seen in your videos.

cept the oversmurf of Djinni.

Zeromus_X
03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
I've just been thinking more that if they ever made a third GS game, it'd be absolutely perfect on the DS. You could transfer Clear Data from the second game, you could select options and use psynergy with the stylus...it would be fantastic. I guess I can dream, can't I? xD

as far as I am aware, they were actually suppose to be one game. That's why they had the transfer and everything. You should never play the second unless you played the first, and the second was just so much better than the first. Basically all the weapons/items from the first become useless, and all that matters are characters and such. And it's much harder to level characters than many other RPGs such as the FF series. It's hard finding those damn wonder birds!

Well, besides being a continuation of the first game's story, you'd also need to transfer all the Djinn from the first game and collect all of the second game's Djinn to unlock the bonus dungeon. There are also some events that occur if you did certain events in the first game as well (Saving Hsu, winning Colloso, defeating Deadbeard, etc.)

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 03:47 AM
I prefer the Lost Age: who wants to be left on a tiny continent when there is a fucking :skull::skull::skull::skull:-ton down South?

Not to mention there are more Djinn, Weapons, Items, Psy, etc...

And the story expanded and worked out rather well.

And BOATS!

Bigger is better.

RyanML
03-12-2007, 03:49 AM
the first one was amazing, the second one was too hard, my code didnt work and some of the things you had to do were way too challenging! like the thing you had to do with the wind at one point.. shocking!

escobert
03-12-2007, 03:56 AM
I have yet to play the second but I did enjoy the first. :D

Yamaneko
03-12-2007, 04:27 AM
I played and beat Golden Sun. Loved it even though it was rather linear. I only played (borrowed) about an hour of the Lost Age so I couldn't tell you which one was better. Maybe I'll pick it up one of these days.

BlueChaos
03-12-2007, 05:48 AM
I like the first one more, I have only played the second one for a few hours. I like the fact that you can inport your characters from the last one, but the first one has a better storyline. Everytime I buy that game though, it ends up stolen, so I do not own either one.

Rengori
03-12-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm going to say the first, the second was just too long for me.

Diango12
03-12-2007, 07:59 AM
I loved every bit of golden sun and golden sun the lost age. It was an experiance I could never forget. This is truly the best RPG in history, this 2d gba game can easily knock out RPG's like FF12 with a single punch. Everything about it was immersive I was in that world and I loved every bit of it.

Loved it even though it was rather linear

What do you mean? It was the most criss cross surprise ending story ever. The plot was so original and so well put togther. For the first time it wasn't just "hero's go out to save the world" but had a sort of objective purpose that you were heading out not on adventure but destiny. And finaly the ending was what really got me.

vorpal blade
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Both games are awesome, but I think that in the end, I liked TLA better. I just wish I was able to carry my data over, but the code didn't work.

I loved the use of psynergy in the field; it made the puzzles more challenging. I hope the third game (if made) doesn't go to the Wii, partly because I don't have one and partly because Psy Power is abbreviated PP (PP+Wii= bad jokes). Hopefully it would come out on the DS (as Zeromus_X mentioned, the stylus would work very well with the gameplay).

Crossblades
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
I love them both equally, even though the Lost Age was longer and biiger than the first:D

BlueChaos
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Both games are awesome, but I think that in the end, I liked TLA better. I just wish I was able to carry my data over, but the code didn't work.

I loved the use of psynergy in the field; it made the puzzles more challenging. I hope the third game (if made) doesn't go to the Wii, partly because I don't have one and partly because Psy Power is abbreviated PP (PP+Wii= bad jokes). Hopefully it would come out on the DS (as Zeromus_X mentioned, the stylus would work very well with the gameplay).

Im pretty sure they are not goging to make a third one, well atleast anytime soon. Those games are old.

Roto13
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I played and beat Golden Sun. Loved it even though it was rather linear. I only played (borrowed) about an hour of the Lost Age so I couldn't tell you which one was better. Maybe I'll pick it up one of these days.
The Lost Age is actually a lot less linear than the first game. Almost too non-linear, really. There's a lot of... wandering. :P

Elpizo
03-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Ah, Golden Sun... I've played a ROM of the first game years ago and sicne then I just HAD to buy those games for my GBA (now DS). Still, it took me 2 years after I'd beaten the ROM and I even had finished TLA before I finally had my copy of Golden Sun! Damn hard to find!

Anyway, it's hard to choose. But I have to go with the first for a few reasons, and with the second for a few reasosn as well.

-The first reason for GS has Saturos and Menardi. They were, in my opinion, much better villains than Agatio and Karst (even though Karst and Agatio had an awesoem battle tune ;) )
-The second is just the plain originality and fun the game offered. In GS II, it gave me just a bit too much teh feeling of 'more of the same'. The party was just a GS I clone with different sprites. And I like the GS I party much more than Felix and co, sorry for the Felix lovers.
-Third is that I love GS I's Final Boss. I've seen many fantastic Final Bosses (most of them are from FF), but I never was more impressed with a bloody Final Boss than with Fusion Dragon. Outer Space ruled, and the entire battle just had that desperate feeling to it.
-And the main reason: VENUS LIGHTHOUSE!!! IMHO, best lighthouse from all four of them. Sigh, it was way too short! It should have been as long as Mars Lighthouse. The music just ruled. Really.

Reasons for The Lost Age:
-Ship. Ships rule, flying ships rule more. Sailing just went a bit too slow, that's all. Other than that, I loved how you were allowed to go out and explore!
-Well, the rest of the story started in GS I, duh. And the game was longer too. GS was just a bit too short.
-Lots of sidequests.
-Doom Dragon. Cruel Ruin is awesome, but Djinn Storm was CHEAP -_-" Awesome music, and I loved how you slaughtered head per head. Mwa ha ha. =)
-More awesome weapons and spells! (Sol Blade :D )

So in the end GS = GS II. Can't choose, sorry.

Both games had a wonderful soundtrack. The story was different than what I had experienced at that time in RPGs. The Weapons unleashes were neat stuff and the Lighthouses have to be some of the best dungeons ever created in RPGs.

But there are 2 things I dislike about GS I and II:
-First DULLAHAN! Aargh, don't tell me there's anybody who likes this guy! XD He was awefull to fight. Thoughest optional boss I ever fought.
-The ending of GS II with Alex. I hate open endings.

I hope they will make a GS III for the DS, but I don't think that will happen. It has been years since TLA was released, and still no word on it at all.

Still, 2 of the best RPGs on the GBA in my humble little opinion.
And sorry to bother you all with this long, useless rant. ^^"

Roto13
03-12-2007, 09:37 PM
First DULLAHAN! Aargh, don't tell me there's anybody who likes this guy! XD He was awefull to fight. Thoughest optional boss I ever fought.

Actually, I can beat him in like three turns on hard mode just by tweaking my djinn setup. :P I don't remember what level I was at, but I wasn't overleveled by any means. Maybe a little underleveled.

f f freak
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I love GS 1. It's the only one of the two that I have completed but I've played both. I think there is something wrong with my TLA. At the Gondowan cliffs there seems to be no way to proceed if I could get past that bit I would have a better opinion of it but I don't.

I prefer the characters in GS1. The final boss rocks and I really like the colloseum and boat bits. It's fun doing all that stuff and going to that secret Island place.

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 09:05 AM
havent played the second one yet.im still playing the 1st one...though i dont have much time for it cause im going online.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...