PDA

View Full Version : Vaans MP Will Not Regenerate

Bahamut5098
03-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I just started noticing it. While in-game, Vaans MP doesn't regenerate. The rest of my chars do, but not his, and I've given him like 5 ethers and they do absolutely nothing. HELP Please!!

Ashley Schovitz
03-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Make sure you don't have an acessory that depletes his MP to 0 like the nethicite and Dawn Shard.

Ko Ko
03-12-2007, 12:37 AM
That's the only reason it wouldn't. unless you are facing an MP-drinking boss.

Mirage
03-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't get why so many have problems with these accessories. I thought it was rather obvious.

Garnie
03-12-2007, 02:09 AM
the problem is we dont exspect it! its ya armour or the dusk shard mate! i was running round solid for ages once when i finally noticed lol.

Diango12
03-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Oh come on, it has its discription right there dont you read?

If thats not the case you can try rubbing him down a bit and he'll get excited again ;)

Bahamut5098
03-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot! I do read a lot, just not in games that much. I feel like I'm at smurfing school when there's too much text on the screen. And why the hell don't the characters talk all the time? Downgrading from 10 eh, good idea...

I'm really disappointed with this game overall. They could have done a much better job with this. SquareSoft was excellent back in the day, but once it became SquareEnix, everything went to :skull::skull::skull::skull:. What a shame.

[edit-Don't bypass the swear filters. -rubah]

Orophin
03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
And why the hell don't the characters talk all the time? Downgrading from 10 eh, good idea...

FFXII have at least 5 time more text than FFX. On top of that, Ivalice is a lot bigger than Spira, a disk can't containt 1000Go you know. :tongue:

I'm really disappointed with this game overall. They could have done a much better job with this. SquareSoft was excellent back in the day, but once it became SquareEnix, everything went to s h i t. What a shame.

I didn't like most of Square new games but FFXII is my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy. Too bad Matsuno left Square-Enix...

Renmiri
03-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot! I do read a lot, just not in games that much. I feel like I'm at smurfing school when there's too much text on the screen. And why the hell don't the characters talk all the time? Downgrading from 10 eh, good idea...

I'm really disappointed with this game overall. They could have done a much better job with this. SquareSoft was excellent back in the day, but once it became SquareEnix, everything went to :skull::skull::skull::skull:. What a shame.

You disproved my theory!

I was sure anyone who disliked X would like XII and vice versa. You seem to dislike both. :confused:

Diango12
03-12-2007, 07:04 AM
It's a paradox.

And I always thought people who played RPG would be more then happy to "read"

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2007, 07:28 AM

[edit-Don't bypass the swear filters. -rubah]

Once again someone complaining without explaining themselves. Sad.

Nominus Experse
03-12-2007, 07:39 AM
It's easier to have opinions if you don't have to explain yourself.

It's also fucking stupid.

Firo Volondé
03-12-2007, 11:47 AM
You disproved my theory!

I was sure anyone who disliked X would like XII and vice versa. You seem to dislike both. :confused:

What does your theory say about people who like both? I haven't left Ranbastre yet (I only bought it today), but so far I'm liking it, though not as much as X.

Fynn
03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I like both games, too... But then again... Never have I played an FF that I would dislike... Peculiar...

Rabidewok
03-12-2007, 01:34 PM
And I always thought people who played RPG would be more then happy to "read" lawl

dennenappelke
03-12-2007, 03:53 PM

And I just like them both :)

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Renmiri bless her is convinced the entire population of extreme FFX fans will not like XII to the same extent :bigsmile:

Renmiri
03-12-2007, 04:38 PM
You disproved my theory!

What does your theory say about people who like both? I haven't left Ranbastre yet (I only bought it today), but so far I'm liking it, though not as much as X.

I'm like you: I like XII but not as much as X.

But that happened only after I "recovered" from the vast differences it has from X: different kind of story, no romance, bland vanilla characters and music, weak story telling and pacing... pwnable Summons...

Meh. Gameplay, graphics, hunts and gambits rule though :D

Hazzard
03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry Remniri, but your theory is wrong.

I love FFX and really like FFXII- so boo-yahhh!!!!

Bahamut5098
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Meh, maybe I just have to get further into the game. I know one thing, though. The music is so far downright awful. The reason this is is because I am comparing it to the music of FF7, which was brilliant and the best ever! I usually just listen to FF7 music while I play. it's better that way.

xtrava
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Nobuo didnt do the music for FF12. I researched it after playing the game for a couple of hours and thinking to myself, man, this areas music is so miraculously awful. The chocobo music is very lackluster too, unlike previous versions.

However on the whole the music is pretty good, its just some areas its poor.

For the record, I love FFX and I also really like FFXII. I think it's better than some in the series, and equally bettered by some in the series, just as you'd expect.

I do wish there was a card game though. ;)

Mirage
03-12-2007, 09:49 PM
He hasn't been a music composer for S-E since FFX, he's only done a few freelance things.

xtrava
03-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Advent Children :D

Mirage
03-12-2007, 10:04 PM
That's why I said freelance :p

Tavrobel
03-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I was sure anyone who disliked X would like XII and vice versa.

LOL no, I'm just louder than everyone else in my discontent. As it would appear, many FFX fans also enjoy FFXII.

Ashley Schovitz
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
And why the hell don't the characters talk all the time? Downgrading from 10 eh, good idea...

FFXII have at least 5 time more text than FFX. On top of that, Ivalice is a lot bigger than Spira, a disk can't containt 1000Go you know. :tongue:

I think he's referring to cutscenes and voice acting which XII has less of.

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Meh, maybe I just have to get further into the game. I know one thing, though. The music is so far downright awful. The reason this is is because I am comparing it to the music of FF7, which was brilliant and the best ever! I usually just listen to FF7 music while I play. it's better that way.

Of course, anything in VII is obviously better then XII.

The music is NOT awful, you just have different tastes.

And no, VII's was not the best ever. 8D

Bahamut5098
03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
the music in VII is unmatched

Setzer Gabianni
03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
You lie. FFVIII's > FFVII's.

Pete for President
03-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Here I was, thinking this topic was about Vaans MP... :choc:

Bahamut5098
03-13-2007, 03:01 AM
8?? Hahaha, that game was goofy and lame. Here's a question: Why do you think this websites banner is dominated by Aeris? ROFL !!

Gabranth
03-13-2007, 06:37 AM
i dunno, that chocobo to the left is looking pretty dominant...

Rostum
03-13-2007, 07:21 AM
8?? Hahaha, that game was goofy and lame. Here's a question: Why do you think this websites banner is dominated by Aeris? ROFL !!

Your opinion is not the be-all and end-all of everyone elses. :p

Nominus Experse
03-13-2007, 08:10 AM
The banner is dominated by Aerith's boobs specifically. In case you didn't know, it's meant as a joke.

Slothy
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
You lie. FFVIII's > FFVII's.

Although I'll gladly agree that VII's soundtrack isn't the best ever (FFVI get's that honour), let's not even pretend that the snorefest elevator music in VIII compares to VII... or anything else in the series for that matter. It's got some good tracks, but the majority is pretty boring.

And for the record, FFXII's music is pretty darn good overall. I think most people's problem is that there's a lack of overly exciting themes, and that the music is mostly relegated to the background music variety. Though not overly exciting, the soundtrack is very good.

Setzer Gabianni
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm not pretending, If I think it is, it is.

Most people's problems with XII's music is that a) they don't like that particular type of music. The music isn't :skull::skull::skull::skull:/lame despite what people say, because people like different things.

or

b) They're all secretly nobuo fanboys who dont like any other person composing ff music XD

Raebus
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9439/rolleyesab9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I think that perfectly sums up my feelings about your post.

FF7 images are used most of the time because its the most recognised and NOT because of the quality.

Renmiri
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Most people's problems with XII's music is that a) they don't like that particular type of music

or

b) They're all secretly nobuo fanboys who dont like any other person composing ff music XD

or

c) They like that kind of music but not 100 hours of it non-stop. There is no VARIETY on XII's music

I like Nobuo' variety. I hum the Hymn of the Fayth until today! but 100 hours of hymns as a soundtrack would drive me bonkers. I'd hate it! He had hits and misses but he had variety: "bras de Chocobo" was cheesy, Otherworld rocks, To Zanarkand is wonderful, the battle music was a bit too cheery for my taste. But by having them all mixed it never got too boring. :love:

Even X-2 with its disgusting technopop had 2-3 songs worthy of humming. No such luck in XII.

I think XII went for plain vanilla, i.e, music "no one hates", characters "no one hates", story "no one hates" and got what they aimed for. No one hates any character, no one hates the soundtrack, not even the story is worthy of hate. It is just too bland to hate. And too bland to love :mad:

Bahamut5098
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
[!]FF7 pwns all! And if anyones titties should dominate that banner, it should be Tifa. Me taking a dump pretty much sums up your life, Raebus. ROFL![/!]

Don't post crap like this if you want to stay here.

~Void

No.78
03-13-2007, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Setzer Gabianni;2125474]
c) They like that kind of music but not 100 hours of it non-stop. There is no VARIETY on XII's music

Hardly, Salikawood reminded me of FFX. In fact, I'm downloading that now... I really like it ^^. And Giza Plains is awesome too.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-13-2007, 06:02 PM
OK, first off, let's return to topic. Secondly, Bahamut5098 insulting other members on this site is absolutely not tolerated. Stop bringing up FFVII into the argument, and be polite to other members.

Carry on.